Just looking for a recipe confirmation here...I have the following:

1 part Myrrh
2 parts Cinammmon
1/2 part Galangal
1 3/4 parts Fine Virgin Olive Oil

TIA!

Amethyst Rose
July 9th, 2003, 10:46 PM
I found this with Google... the site said it's the "favored recipe".

8 parts essential oil of cinnamon (not cassia)
4 parts essential oil of myrrh
2 parts essential oil of galangal
7 parts pure olive oil

Theres
July 10th, 2003, 12:18 AM
that sounds about right (and good!).

however, i might suggest you consider replacing the olive oil with jojoba oil. jojoba is actually a wax and not an oil, and therefore doesn't go rancid after four or five months. it's not cheap though.

Toad, where did you find your recipe?

Toad
July 10th, 2003, 12:23 AM
that sounds about right (and good!).

however, i might suggest you consider replacing the olive oil with jojoba oil. jojoba is actually a wax and not an oil, and therefore doesn't go rancid after four or five months. it's not cheap though.

Toad, where did you find your recipe?

Greenie...honestly I am not sure. It snagged it somewhere and put it in my e-BoS. I really should have made more effort in tracking the locations I snipped from.

Also...I have found that a vitamin e capsule put into your olive oil base keeps it from going off. That said I will try some jojoba...

Theres
July 10th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Also...I have found that a vitamin e capsule put into your olive oil base keeps it from going off. That said I will try some jojoba...

i've never heard that, but it does make sense. i'll have to try it.
and olive oil is much more traditional (and a helluva lot cheaper!).
thanks!

Lavender
July 12th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Vit E will act as an antioxidant and will extend the shelf life of the olive oil. Comparing the price of jojoba & olive oil with vit E, I would say the olive oil is much much cheaper!

If I was super duper rich, I would use jojoba all the time! :)