No announcement yet.

Native American Spirituality Class?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be very interested in the "Sharing" of Native American Spiritualty.
    And here's me thinking that a combination of "leaders" ...
    As opposed to "teachers" would be a good path to travel.

I know Shanti and Nighthawk,
    I know that they walk the red road as they can,
    And that's good enough for me!!

I'll watch with interest to see what develops.

In the Spirit of Wovoca

~ click banner for more info ~

And a HUGE thank you to my niece Charise
    For using her creative talent to make it for me

Comment

Aside from the fellow teachers and I, can I get a count of who all would be interested? Also, just to let you know, it would be November before the class would start, I would have to write a syllabus, consult with the other teachers, etc. So please do not think the class would start right away. I would want to be fully prepaired.

Comment

id be in the class for sure
        Someone needs a Spanking.. Oh, It's me!!!!

:hailmol:

Comment

After listening to the people speak here, I am now seeing there are several people more qualified than me, if they want to teach the class, I will back down. I would rather see the class get taught right, then just taught at all.

Comment

Why back out???

I think this class should be about "sharing"

Believe me ... as a Native American ...
            The last thing in the world I want, is for someone NOT of my culture,
            "teaching" me my own spirituality.

LmfaoOOoooo @ the thought

But I believe that anyone interested in NA Spirituality,
            Truly has something to offer anyone else who's heart is truly open!!

I only mentioned Nighthawk, and Shanti,
            Because I know them.
            And I know that they are honorable in "where" they lead.

But truthfully ...
            I'd have NO Interest in someone "TEACHING" a class.
            Because unless They're an Elder, or wise person from my own Nation,
            Or another NA Nation ... I doubt I’d give them much credibility in a “Class”
            (gawwwd that sounds snobby, and I don't mean it to)

But all groups of people coming together need leaders!!

Sharing something important to your heart and soul,
            Has nothing to do with "Backing Out" ..
            But has ALL TO DO ... with "Coming Together"

Brightest Blessings on you

Comment

Originally posted by Dove
              Why back out???

I think this class should be about "sharing"

Believe me ... as a Native American ...
              The last thing in the world I want, is for someone NOT of my culture,
              "teaching" me my own spirituality.

LmfaoOOoooo @ the thought

But I believe that anyone interested in NA Spirituality,
              Truly has something to offer anyone else who's heart is truly open!!

I only mentioned Nighthawk, and Shanti,
              Because I know them.
              And I know that they are honorable in "where" they lead.

But truthfully ...
              I'd have NO Interest in someone "TEACHING" a class.
              Because unless They're an Elder, or wise person from my own Nation,
              Or another NA Nation ... I doubt I’d give them much credibility in a “Class”
              (gawwwd that sounds snobby, and I don't mean it to)

But all groups of people coming together need leaders!!

Sharing something important to your heart and soul,
              Has nothing to do with "Backing Out" ..
              But has ALL TO DO ... with "Coming Together"

Brightest Blessings on you

See now that post tears me in two. Your Na, I am a white man, I know nothing compared to you and that is why I do not want to teach it, becuase I feel I am not qualified, but there is several open hearts out there thirsting and no one with the knowledge willing to give that to them. Which also raises a third viewpoint, true spirituality comes from within, I can not tell one how to feel about something, they have to feel it for themselves.

I am very torn on what to do now. I think I need to meditate on this for awhile.

Comment

Sprirtcalf... you see, Dove is coming from the heart.. and she says what she feels, and what she knows to be true... and I agree with her for the most part... MY idea is...why back down.. you, a white man.. and so????? What color is your heart?
                Leonard will never be free
                Rumors of my demise are a bit premature... so far
                I'm sort of back!!!!

Comment

First off, from my pure "white-bread" POV, I think Dove has a valid point. And yes, she sounded a bit snobby....but I think we all understand what she was trying to say (and knowing Dove, I can vouch for her that she does NOT intend to sound rude).

But, then Spiritcalf's post brough up a question for me.

Originally posted by Spiritcalf
                  true spirituality comes from within, I can not tell one how to feel about something, they have to feel it for themselves.
                  This really made me think...and then to wonder. What exactly is "Native American Spirituality"? I mean, I was born in USA....so, I'm a "native american" despite my family lineage.

But, I honestly wonder what Native American Spirituality means....Is it just how we communicate with our natural surroundings? Is it how my grandfather's (x4) family was raised and the lessons they passed along?

I comune with nature, I feel her words, her stories, her lesson...despite having none of that "taught" to me or passed down generations upon generations. Does that make my spirituality any less than someone who was born into that type of lifestyle?

I really don't mean for this to be a debate or anything; but I'm just curious.
                  Personal Blog comments always welcome
                  Misc Pics

Missing my widdle Soweluitachakitabonitamommika

Comment

See now that post tears me in two. Your Na, I am a white man, I know nothing compared to you and that is why I do not want to teach it, becuase I feel I am not qualified, but there is several open hearts out there thirsting and no one with the knowledge willing to give that to them. Which also raises a third viewpoint, true spirituality comes from within, I can not tell one how to feel about something, they have to feel it for themselves.

I am very torn on what to do now. I think I need to meditate on this for awhile.
                    Dont say white!!! When I was on the res, color of skin was the first thing I was taught that didnt matter!!! We are all humankind....all of us. That is so important. Dont seperate yourself because of your skin...the heart is the guide...the heart knows and we all have a red heart!!! The red road is universal!

Heck I am not of native blood...not from north America anyhow, but they Munsee didnt care what the color of our families skin was. They opened their home to my family because we were humankind and wanted to share. Thats what its all about.

I agree with the leading part 100%.
                    This isnt a class that would be taught as we would all need each other to learn, just as my family learned when we lived on the res.
                    I dont even see how this type of class could have an exact outline as it would change as people share with one another. It could have direction...the leaders set a path then everyone, together would set the turns and curves and help it grow!!!
                    :boing:

Comment

After listening to the people speak here, I am now seeing there are several people more qualified than me, if they want to teach the class, I will back down. I would rather see the class get taught right, then just taught at all.
                      I too am backing out.

I accidently PM'd Dove from my daughters acct at school but have decided I am not qualified.

Phoenix FireStar Rising
                      Unen zurhenees yoslov [Greeting you with a true heart]
                      Izbranniki Dukhov [Chosen By the Spirits]

Path: Native American/Shaman/Healer/Seer
                      Healer: 1st Degree Reiki certified
                      Divination: Beginner Tarot Reader
                      Specialize in: Herbs and Crystals
                      Hobbies: Writing, Basketweaving, Beading

Comment

Pahhhhhhhhhhhh
                        *muttering colourful things*

I don't believe that a person's blood makes them any smarter,
                        Or more knowledgeable then another.
                        I didn’t mean to imply that it does!!

I just have a personal issue with people who want to “teach or grade” me on my personal heritage / culture / spirituality.

I’ll say it again here ….
                        Why can’t this be a group,
                        Coming together to share their desire to better understand NA Spirituality.

There’s Soooooooo much that people can “Share” with one another,
                        If they’re just willing!!

Why does there have to be a Teacher??

Comment

Originally posted by Tzhebee
                          First off, from my pure "white-bread" POV, I think Dove has a valid point. And yes, she sounded a bit snobby....but I think we all understand what she was trying to say (and knowing Dove, I can vouch for her that she does NOT intend to sound rude).

But, then Spiritcalf's post brough up a question for me.

This really made me think...and then to wonder. What exactly is "Native American Spirituality"? I mean, I was born in USA....so, I'm a "native american" despite my family lineage.

But, I honestly wonder what Native American Spirituality means....Is it just how we communicate with our natural surroundings? Is it how my grandfather's (x4) family was raised and the lessons they passed along?

I comune with nature, I feel her words, her stories, her lesson...despite having none of that "taught" to me or passed down generations upon generations. Does that make my spirituality any less than someone who was born into that type of lifestyle?

I really don't mean for this to be a debate or anything; but I'm just curious.
                          The philosophies of things such as humankind are sure an aspect I think some dont know about. Some poeple are geered on nationality...Spiritcalf just did it...no no Spiritcalf.
                          And part of the class can be exploring differant customs and such...heck we have plenty of resources at our finger tips. A lot can be included.
                          :boing:

Comment

No no no no no..... this is not a contest... Who is qualified? Who is the leader?? No no no..it is not that.... the leader is the one who leads... because he/she just does..not because they SAY they do... and qualified?? Well, I am the least wualified by standards then, because of the way I deal with humans... you see.. each grain of sand makes the beach a beach.... each facet in the diamond sparkles.. a beach made of one grain is not a beach
                            I'm sort of back!!!!

Comment

If we were to take blood samples.. I have what..?? Hmm, perhaps 1/16th native... but was raised by a fullblood... and spent much time on the res... but never lived there.... It is where one's heart is... come on guys.. no one walks the road alone here... it will take each of you to even convince me to really participate... and I don't mean by pm'ing me..I mean by each contributing..and Shanti here, has the best head I have ever seen for research...
                              I'm sort of back!!!!

Comment

Dove..perhaps there does not have to be "A" teacher.. perhaps it will come down to seven or nine or twenty two.. for each person sharing their view by this campfire... one that warms our hearts and lights our way...
                                I'm sort of back!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X