Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phoenix FireStar Rising
    I too am backing out.

I accidently PM'd Dove from my daughters acct at school but have decided I am not qualified.

Phoenix FireStar Rising
    LmaoOOOooooooo I wondered about the name change FireStar ... but just thought .. well to each their own!!
    *wink*

As far as heritage goes ...
    My Great Grandfather taught me that it's not the Blood that matters ...
    It's the Heart.
    Because it's the heart that pumps the blood.

I appologize to all ...
    I did sound snobby.
    And reading my own words back again ...
    I'm sincerely ashamed.

NO One should EVER pour cold water on an honorable intention.
    Please except my apologies all.

~ click banner for more info ~

And a HUGE thank you to my niece Charise
    For using her creative talent to make it for me

Comment

This is typing..hard to see face when typing... not a problem..ok guys.. Now, where were we?
      Leonard will never be free
      Rumors of my demise are a bit premature... so far
      I'm sort of back!!!!

Comment

Seriously now...can we all take our panties out of the bunchies they are in? (just trying to lighten things up....not be rude)

And answer my question:

WHAT IS Native American Spirituality? I mean is it really a specific, certain kind of spirituality? Is it different than just plain ole nature-worship?

I'm seriously confused about this...OK...maybe I'm just being picky over the wording, but it still confuses me.
        Personal Blog comments always welcome
        Misc Pics

Missing my widdle Soweluitachakitabonitamommika

Comment

I am no longer sure what it means.. or what it meant.. for my intention is a togetherness, a gathering, a meeting of minds and hearts...
          I'm sort of back!!!!

Comment

I guess the reason I'm looking for clarification is because....well, because I don't understand. hasn't much of NA Spiritualism been discussed in Nighthawks class (that is now done) or Shanti's class (although on a broader perspective) that is currently going on?

Or is there something about it that is specific enough to necesitate it's own class?

Honestly, I'm not trying to be difficult or rude or put down anyone's idea's. I'm just looking for better understanding.
            Misc Pics

Comment

Spirituality is Spirutiality no matter who or where it resides in. Some paths and beliefs have different "flavors" to them and that was what I wanted this to be about. Showing others those flavors so they could look inside themselves and grow further was my intent.

Maybe a discussion is best. I dunno. Everything is all mixed up now, taken out of contrast, etc.

I don't know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tzhebee
                I guess the reason I'm looking for clarification is because....well, because I don't understand. hasn't much of NA Spiritualism been discussed in Nighthawks class (that is now done) or Shanti's class (although on a broader perspective) that is currently going on?

Or is there something about it that is specific enough to necesitate it's own class?

Honestly, I'm not trying to be difficult or rude or put down anyone's idea's. I'm just looking for better understanding.
                Well, I tried to answer you TZ..
                Ok do you want to know what differant perspectives there are about the peace pipe?
                Any interest in the sweat lodge and it various perspectives?
                Do you want to know what some tribal perspectives are to coyote?
                Do you want to know some perspectives on the importance of the drum.
                I am speaking of spiritual perspectives from differant tribes. And from differant person perspectives.
                Do you know what the spiritual reasons are for the medicine wheels? Many tribes have medicine whell workings.
                What about spirit sheilds, my step mom, Raine, a N.A makes them.
                Do you want to know about intertribal relations?

Plus there are many here that have info of what they have learned in there areas of life.

Theres a lot of history, and info and what not to get. It would take work to get it together but thats why some do it...they dont mind the work.

I know where the word Shamanism came from because I researched it...Siberia. Anyhow...some people want to or dont have the time to search for those things.
                Animism class is a goo example....I searched and searched for the things I know.

Plus we have the things we learned from others. I can tell you why my friend has a sweet lodge in his yard. He is a medicine man with the wolf clan from Pineridge.
                I can tell you about the pipe I keep for him.

There is soooooooooo much!
                :boing:

Comment

A-HA! I get it now.

So instead of an Animist POV or a Buddist POV, you were looking for a NA POV on spirituality and what that means to them vs someone else?

Oh. Ok. You have my approval....carry on.

Seriously, I think it's a good idea and if you have the knowledge then go for it! People who have a problem with the color of your skin and you "leading" a class like that...well, those people have issues that need to be worked out and are no reflection of the majority.
                  Misc Pics

Comment

You guys... there is a such thing as co-teachers...

*hopes that wasn't said already*

Sorry, the idea came to me quickly. I just had to hurry and post before I forgot...

Ankh Udja Seneb
                    Please feel free to visit my items on ebay for a variety of clothing, decorative items, etc. Visit here for my listing of books.

Comment

Originally posted by ap Dafydd
                      It's something that would need careful thought in the preparation, if only because it's so difficult to seperate out the genuine NA traditions from some of the falsehoods that are so common these days (something which we've recently been discussing in another forum). This site http://users.pandora.be/gohiyuhi/nafps/ was commended!

gwyn eich byd

Ffred
                      I just wanted to add a "thank you" to Dafydd for a good post,
                      And this link.
                      Some very real truth there.

Brightest Blessings to all

~ click banner for more info ~

And a HUGE thank you to my niece Charise
                      For using her creative talent to make it for me

Comment

So, where is Phoenix Star Rising???
                        I'm sort of back!!!!

Comment

Okay guys... here is the dope...... We can all meet here, or in other thread... we all share our view of what this heading means.. ALL share.. no critism.... it might be different to me than you, it is my reality..it is YOUR reality..when we have discussed this and see what it shapes into..THEN we can decide if we should or can go farther... this is only my idea..I am not the teacher.. I wish for peace, you see
                          I'm sort of back!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                            Okay guys... here is the dope...... We can all meet here, or in other thread... we all share our view of what this heading means.. ALL share.. no critism.... it might be different to me than you, it is my reality..it is YOUR reality..when we have discussed this and see what it shapes into..THEN we can decide if we should or can go farther... this is only my idea..I am not the teacher.. I wish for peace, you see

I agree.

We can just use this thread....after we sage it a bit maybe.

Comment

Why dont we all see who wants to help set this up...be part of a group with balls..JK on the last 2 words.

Really we can do this without stepping on toes if we do it correctly.
                              :boing:

Comment

So, where is Phoenix Star Rising???
                                I'm here
                                Unen zurhenees yoslov [Greeting you with a true heart]
                                Izbranniki Dukhov [Chosen By the Spirits]

Path: Native American/Shaman/Healer/Seer
                                Healer: 1st Degree Reiki certified
                                Divination: Beginner Tarot Reader
                                Specialize in: Herbs and Crystals
                                Hobbies: Writing, Basketweaving, Beading

Comment

Working...
                                X