Short Glimpse - A Demon's Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Glimpse - A Demon's Eyes

A bit of background for you. I'm writing (slowly) a story written from the views of a demon. A demon of deceit, to be precise. Here's a quick snapshot.

-----------------------------------------------

There was a time when everything in creation vibrated on multiple levels. A sword was not just a sword, but was a ray of sunlight, a flash of fire and heat. A being of individual name was more than just a body and soul, but was the very essence of something, an amalgam of many things. I was many things. I can remember it. The complete joy of knowing that I was part of something. That I was unique, and yet similar. That I was part of a family with a purpose.

Of course, then came the Great Split. That is how I prefer to call it. Others called it the Rebellion. Yet others called it the Fall. That is the name most humans know it by now. The Fall. The moment when Lucifer led us against God.

Why? Why did we go against God?

How could we not? It is said that God wanted man made so that Man would love him. But what of us? What of his first born? What of we who toiled and worked to make him happy? Why should Man so completely eclipse us? We could share. But no.

God did not want us. He wanted Man.

So before Man could be finished, we revolted. Attempted to show him that he could not just toss us to the side, like a human child does to an old toy.

Obviously, we lost. We were cast Down. There is nothing like the Fall. There is nothing like feeling the spark of Divinity leaving your body, leaving you cold, empty… and alone. Slowly, vibrations fell away. And then… oh then, the great Revelation. Through faith, through belief… we could link ourselves to certain principles. The weaknesses of Men seemed most appropriate.

For it was Man that had caused our Split. It had been Man’s creation that had turned God against its First Born. And so in vengeance… we would steal Man’s affections.

That is all the War is, you know. A petty squabble. To prove whom Man most loves. And so far, we are winning. Man loves Greed, and Lust, and Wrath. Man is Proud, and Slothful; Envious and Gluttonous. There is never enough. Man is never satisfied.

We are winning.
    Now this is the Law of the Jungle - as old and as true as the Sky. And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die. As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Okay, I SO love this. I would most definitely read it.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

Wow, um that's great!
      Gave me shivers!
      I would totally read this.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X