Grimoire For A Green Witch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimoire For A Green Witch

Has anyone read this new-ish book from Ann Moura yet?

If so, what do you think?

I am toying with buying but, just wanted some opinions first.

*~Thanks Faeawyn for my wonderful banners~*

No-one at all?? : :eyebro:

Comment

It looks interesting from what I saw at the bookstore.
      I'm going to request a review copy and see what I think of it after that.
      In Service to the Lord and Lady,
      Tensen
      http://www.darkquest.com

Comment

I've seen the series, but never took a serious look through them. What are the rest of the books like? They're awful pretty. Pretty things attract me. Phaugh, I think that's how I got half my library... but don't think I ignore careful scholarly reviewing before buying.

sigpic

So... it's wrong to promote harm against one another here, but it's perfectly fine to promote harm here?

Comment

I am v. interested in getting it eventually. It looks good from what i have seen. But I have to catch up on other books i have brought.I have at least 5 I havn't read.
          sigpic myspace

imvu

Comment

I'm interested in the entire series. But I can't find them in any bookstores near me. Guess I'll have to see if they can order them for me.
            user formerly known as DixieWitch.
            Me on Facebook

Comment

What it is

Hi All,

Some of you have asked what this book is like, and others have said they couldn't find it at the bookstore.

In answer to the first mattier, the Grimoire is not a sit down and read book, but is more like a cookbook--you pick it up to use. This is my personal Book of Shadows and Grimoire, which Llewellyn has put into printed form. It has room for your own additions in each section as well. The idea is that it sits on your Altar or special ritual area and is used for rituals and spell crafting.

The style is not one of paragraphs, or even complete sentences, and there are not a bunch of explanations or descriptions--those are in the Green Witchcraft series and Green Magic. The Green Witchcraft books are based on the Grimoire.

In answer to the second matter, it went into second printing soon after coming out, but should be reappearing in bookstores such as Borders, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, etc. It can also be purchased directly from Llewellyn. If anyone would like to purchase the Grimoire from me at a 10% discount, I will give you a personalized autograph [just let me know what name you would like to use--your Craft Name, legal name, nickname, etc.] and send the book.

My website [www.annmourasgarden.com] is still under construction, but all my books will soon be available through it, so I hope it is okay to let people know here. If you want a book, just send a check or money order in US funds made out to Ann Moura in the amount of $16.15 to Ann Moura, 3956 Town Center Blvd. #382, Orlando, FL 32837 and I will cover the shipping. Be sure to give me a valid mailing address!

Brightest Blessings,
              Ann

Comment

Wow you'd do that...That is sooo nice.((())). I tried touching your karma but i have touched to much already.
                I will be saving up to do that and once i have enough money and finished what i am already reading, and my other books i havnt read.( all 5 of them...grr. Books are soooo addictive) I shall pm you with details and stuff

Many Blessings((())) Feather
                sigpic myspace

imvu

Comment

cool what an awesome offer! ((hugs))

love
                  hope

Comment

Oooohh, I've been drooling over this book since I got the last Llewellyn mag with your article in it...I want it real real bad!! And all I have to do is send you a check and this gorgeous book will appear in my mailbox?!?!? Autographed even?!?!? That's like magic!

And what a coooool Samhain present for lil ole me...

Banners by Cloakie

Comment

Book Travel Time

Depending on where you live in the U.S,, a book can take anywhere from a couple of days to a week to arrive. Overseas could be 2 weeks. As the broom flies.
                      Bright Blessings,
                      Ann

Comment

humph. i've just been to my trusty book store, which can always get all the english books i want (i live in germany.) and tried to get them to order grimoire for a green witch. they said they couldn't. all they could get in was three other books by ann moura. what do i do now? i don't want to pay tons of postage! help! maybe i'll try amazon u.k., but that's quite alot of postage, too.

Comment

Well. I got my review copy and I'm going through it now.

Quick first impressions:

1) Horde of information. But just another grimoire... I have a dozen such grimoires from over the time, so it isn't of particular use for me.
                          2) I'm not sure whether it confirms or invalidates the concepts I thought I was getting out of the actual Green Witch books.
                          3) Makes me want to find out how I can get actual training from Ann so that I can get an idea of where she is going with the grimoire.
                          4) Heavily wishing that there was a Green Witch 4 instead of this grimoire, but I can understand that there probably is a heavy interest in this sort of thing from people that are trying to follow just such a path.

I have to figure out where I'll be going with an actual review, hopefully will provide a detailed review shortly.
                          Last edited by tensen; October 30th, 2003, 11:16 AM.
                          In Service to the Lord and Lady,
                          Tensen
                          http://www.darkquest.com

Comment

Originally posted by mothwench
                            humph. i've just been to my trusty book store, which can always get all the english books i want (i live in germany.) and tried to get them to order grimoire for a green witch. they said they couldn't. all they could get in was three other books by ann moura. what do i do now? i don't want to pay tons of postage! help! maybe i'll try amazon u.k., but that's quite alot of postage, too.
                            They have it on Amazon.com?

I presume you are in USA, apologies if not.

Comment

sorry just saw your profile, your in germany, sowwwy!

Comment

Working...
                              X