• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Pagan Puzzles looks cool too

http://www.tesco.com/books/product.a...=Pagan+Puzzles
    ~Free Your Mind~

)O( Blessings One & All )O(

***Knowledge really is Power***- Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626)

***Magic, madam, is like wine and, if you are not used to it, it will make you drunk*** - Susanna Clarke The Ladies of Grace Adieu

***Magick Works in Mysterious Ways*** - Me

Comment

Thanks!

Ben Gruagach
      MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
      author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
      visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
      read my LiveJournal blog
      find me on Facebook

Comment

It's not available to flip through at the local bookstore or I would've already.

So because I can't glance through it I have to ask.

I've been Pagan for a decade, and read hundreds of books on Wicca, witchcraft, Druidry, Shamanism, astral travel, meditation, chakras, mysticism, ceremonial magick, ascension magick, Reconstructionism, New Age concepts, Buddhism, Taoism, tarot, astrology, mythology & comparative mythology, and psychology & self help. What is in this book that wouldn't be in what I've already read? I bought Penczak's Mystic Foundation and was disappointed because while it was a great book, there was nothing new in it for me.
        Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

Originally posted by RavenStars View Post
          What a cool idea! As a solitary it would be nice to have a little structure learning to work with a particular deity or two. I really hope you go with this!

If you could, leave more room then they want you to? Book publishers abhor blank space, but I need it to write and draw in. Also, see if you can get the appropriate pages lined? I do not write in straight lines! And of course, the total wishful thinking request... heavier paper? Doing art on regular book paper does not work: water media is right out, and even colored pencils show through.

Gosh, I'm looking forward to this! I hope you sell tons of the current one so they give you a nice fat advance.
          that might be a good idea for some, personally I dislike drawing/writing in my books, instead I'll make copies of the pages and put them in there, this way, your not stuck with it and can use any type of paper you want,

easy
          Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
          (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
          anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

Comment

Originally posted by RainInanna View Post
            It's not available to flip through at the local bookstore or I would've already.

So because I can't glance through it I have to ask.

I've been Pagan for a decade, and read hundreds of books on Wicca, witchcraft, Druidry, Shamanism, astral travel, meditation, chakras, mysticism, ceremonial magick, ascension magick, Reconstructionism, New Age concepts, Buddhism, Taoism, tarot, astrology, mythology & comparative mythology, and psychology & self help. What is in this book that wouldn't be in what I've already read? I bought Penczak's Mystic Foundation and was disappointed because while it was a great book, there was nothing new in it for me.
            You can browse inside the book online using the "Search Inside the Book" feature on Amazon. Here's a link to my book's page there.

Anyone who has read more than a couple Pagan books will find that there is always some material they already know in every Pagan book they read after. In the case of "The Wiccan Mystic" the first chapter goes over the basics so that readers will all understand the terminology and background that the rest relies on. So that will likely be familiar material for many people. However, the book is different from many of the other Pagan books on the market as most tend to focus on the how of Wicca -- my book is all about the why.

For instance, why might Wicca be considered a mystery religion?

Why bother with the spiritual aspects of Wicca instead of just sticking to spellwork?

Why include spellwork part of a spiritual path at all?

Why work with trance states?

Why ask questions and challenge assumptions? (I'm serious about that one too.)

Ben Gruagach
            MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
            author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
            visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
            read my LiveJournal blog
            find me on Facebook

Comment

I ordered my copy of this book from Amazon yesterday. It's supposed to arrive day after tomorrow. I can't wait to read it!

Comment

Working...
              X