MONSTROUS - An Independent Film Written by Bryon Morrigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MONSTROUS - An Independent Film Written by Bryon Morrigan

There will be GORE. There will be HORROR. There will be A MAN IN A MONSTER SUIT!

CHECK THIS OUT: I wrote the screenplay for this independent monster movie currently in development. If you donate money to the project, even as little as $1, you can receive all kinds of cool items, from SWAG to movie props.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...5809/monstrous

About this project

Are you sick and tired of most monster movies being utter garbage? Are you sick of cheap CGI made for TV monster movies?

So are we.

Spielwerks Films was formed when author and screenwriter Bryon Morrigan teamed up with special effects artist Michael Ringer and director Moll O'Hanlin to make an independent monster movie FOR FANS OF REAL MONSTER MOVIES!

There will be GORE!
    There will be HORROR!
    There will be A MAN IN A MONSTER SUIT!

Yes, that's right. The primary special effects in MONSTROUS will be done the old fashioned way: Big latex monster costumes. Sure, it would be cheaper to just do everything CGI...but if you wanted to watch one of those movies, you could just flip on the TV and find them. And they won't be very scary, and they'll probably be rated PG.

But YOU DON'T WANT THAT! If you're still reading, it's because you're thinking to yourself, "Heck yeah, man! I wanna see a REAL monster movie!"

And we're gonna bring it to you. BE A PART OF IT!

The Plot: When mutilated bodies start showing up in the Allegheny National Forest, forest ranger Kelly Wallace starts getting concerned that something worse than just bears is on the prowl. But her boss doesn't believe her, and now Kelly will have to take matters into her own hands...and hunt the monster on her own...

The Plan: We start shooting in the Spring-Summer of 2011, in the forests of Northwest Pennsylvania. We already have locations scouted and ready. The monster models and suits are currently in progress, and pictures and videos of the creation progress are forthcoming.

Buy my latest book, ACHERON, as an exclusive audiobook from Audible.com now!
    (Or sign up for a 30-day trial of Audible.com, and get it for free!)

w00t! I'm the first to make a pledge!
    Would've been more but that's all I can spare for now.

Comment

Gotta start somewhere!

Comment

I loved the skekUng costume in the video (it is meant to be skekUng right?).
        Last edited by Infinite Grey; October 17th, 2010, 07:45 PM.

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite Grey View Post
          I loved the skekUng costume in the video (it is meant to be skekUng right?).
          Yep. He just won some cash and a custom guitar at the Spooky Empire with that costume.
          ________________________________________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by BryonMorrigan View Post
            Yep. He just won some cash and a custom guitar at the Spooky Empire with that costume.
            Awesome. I'd so sneak into kindergartens with that skekUng suit :deviltail

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

Comment

How awesome!!!
              "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
              instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
              which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Comment

The monster creation is under way! Here are some preliminary pictures from the process.

________________________________________________________________________

Comment

Nice!!!
                  "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
                  instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
                  which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Comment

Working...
                  X