No announcement yet.

Book Of Shadows (Phyllis Curott)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't read Book of Shadows yet but I have just finished reading her newest book Witchcrafting and it was great! A really good read! I like the language that she uses and the indepth explanations. You never have to go "Huh? What the heck was that?" because she give lots of examples. Pick it up! It is definately worthwhile to read.
    Bright Blessings,
    Angel
    Bright Blessings,
    Angel

Comment

I adore this book. I picked it up "accidentally" -- was reaching for a book on faeries, my eyes flickered away to scan titles on other shelves, and with some surprise I looked back and found myself holding Book of Shadows. I normally wouldn't have read it, only because I've never been particularly drawn to Wicca, but I'm so glad I had the chance to read it. From the first mention of CBGB's, I knew I was going to love it.

The rituals were so beautiful -- I'm all about the simplicity, but BOS totally made me want to join in some more elaborate group stuff. And though it was meant to serve as an introductory, it still told me a bunch of things I didn't know. The stuff I did know was nice to hear again, like watching a familiar, comfortable movie for the 28th time.

Anyway. Before I continue rambling -- Ms. Curott, your book truly meant something special to me, so thanks for that.

Comment

I read this book last fall. It is a wonderfully written book and Phyllis has an unique way of sharing her experience that is very spiritual. I love reading about people's spiritual journeys. She has one and her view of Wicca was a little unsettling, especially the part about going against the "wall". She said it's something all witches have to experience, so I'm not sure if I want to but I am certain each individual is different. This book is a must and is in my library. I can't wait to get started on Witch Crafting!

Comment

I just finished reading this book last night. I literally read it in one day! I couldn't put it down! Its different from most books about wicca because its written as a novel, or a memoir - not a "how-to" or "self-help" book. Its like you go on a spiritual journey with the author. She gives you alot of history and factual matter, but it easily flows into the story. I highly recommend this to newbies and seasoned Pagans. I think its one I'll likely read again one day.
          sigpic

Comment

I can't wait for Curott's next book; I've re-read BoS, Witchcrafting, and The Love Spell, about a dozen times!
            Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

Originally posted by RainInanna View Post
              I can't wait for Curott's next book; I've re-read BoS, Witchcrafting, and The Love Spell, about a dozen times!
              She's writing another or are you just generically saying you can' wait for her next one as you really enjoy her work?
              sigpic
              Thanks Catiana!

Comment

I just read it and liked it also for the same reasons. It was neat to see someone else's journey.
                Aernfridh
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Selba View Post
                  She's writing another or are you just generically saying you can' wait for her next one as you really enjoy her work?
                  She's not writing another that I know of, and I wish she was.
                  Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

I'm reading this book now for the first time and I love it Even though I'm not Wiccan this book isn't about teaching you to become Wiccan, it's the authors personal journey on her spiritual path and it calls to everyone, not just Wiccans.

There is something for everyone here and if you like autobiography books then I'm sure you'll love this one!

Spellbinding :uhhuhuh:
                    ~Free Your Mind~

)O( Blessings One & All )O(

***Knowledge really is Power***- Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626)

***Magic, madam, is like wine and, if you are not used to it, it will make you drunk*** - Susanna Clarke The Ladies of Grace Adieu

***Magick Works in Mysterious Ways*** - Me

Comment

Working...
                    X