MW Library!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MW Library!

First post in a new forum! I just had to do it!

MW having it's own library is fantastic! Woo hoo!

Banner by WynnJera
    Wherever you go there you are

LOL!

Just be patient with new additions. It's going to take forever to get everything in here that we want.
    Support MW by subscribing

We don't exist without your help.

Comment

It's pretty dang cool, though!

And... will there be anyone to ask questions, like, if we aren't sure if we totally "get" what a piece is saying? I say this because I browsed that first Thelemite piece and I'm not really familiar with it, although another weird coinkydink is the way I came across a book about Aleister Crowley a few weeks ago, and the book mentions some of this same stuff, although I only skimmed it and did not read cover to cover...

oh, and it stuck in my head while I was writing lyrics , I kept hearing that phrase "Do what thou wilt", so that I put that in my song, in fact, started the song out with it, but the rest of the song, I thought that was all my own! - however, now after looking at the literary work on here, I'm thinking it really parallels the whole song, maybe, even though that wasn't my intention, having no other knowledge of the religion. I might want to pass the lyrics by someone else to see if they think so too, if anyone is interested...

♥¥ Love and Light☮☼

Comment

We chose to list each book the way we did so that if anyone has questions they can start a thread in that section so everyone can discuss it. I'm sure there is someone here that will be able to help. We figured open discussion would be the best option.

I would love to read the lyrics if you want to share them

Comment

Originally posted by GreenEyes BlueSoul View Post
          LOL!

Just be patient with new additions. It's going to take forever to get everything in here that we want.
          Hey... can we list the Dialogues on Checkerism too?
          Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
          Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

Originally posted by Xentor View Post
            Hey... can we list the Dialogues on Checkerism too?
            Yes!

Comment

I've seen a site full of free Reiki manuals...let me see if I can find it again and I'll post back. I would love to see a Reiki text section in the library!

Edited to Add:

Found it! http://www.sharereiki.org/sriforum/i...p?topic=4978.0
              They list a bunch of free Reiki manuals
              Last edited by Silvana; August 30th, 2006, 12:32 AM.
              -Silvana

I'm really not all that sure what to put here. I suppose in time I might find something...until then...Fetch me the Bucket!!

Comment

Just wondering (and I hope this question doesn't offend those who've worked hard posting texts...)

Would it be possible to post these wonderful public domain texts as file attachments to the threads instead of as a series of cut-and-paste posts? TXT is an allowed file attachment format and is ideal for these sorts of longer texts. (Other formats are also allowed for attachments such as graphic files but also other document formats such as MS Word's DOC, and Adobe Acrobat's PDF.)

File attachments would make the threads easier to check out, and people could choose to print out the whole thing on their own printers much more easily (and with their own preferred formatting if they want to format the TXT or DOC files) than if they want to save a document from a bunch of separate posts in a thread.

I've done a sample thread with the public-domain version of Leland's "Aradia" in both TXT and PDF formats. It's here.

Ben Gruagach
                MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
                author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
                visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
                read my LiveJournal blog
                find me on Facebook

Comment

see your karma poke

must get off lazy bum and fix technical difficulties that have kept me from working on the library. *blush*

Comment

Originally posted by GreenEyes BlueSoul View Post
                    see your karma poke

must get off lazy bum and fix technical difficulties that have kept me from working on the library. *blush*
                    I sent this to you as a PM but I'm posting it here in case anyone else is wondering.

You can add file attachments to any post you make here at MysticWicks. When you're composing your message to post, just scroll down the screen below the "Submit" button to where it says "Additional Options."

There's an Attachments section -- just click the button that says "Manage Attachments" and it should pop up a window where you can select the files you want to attach. Be sure to click the Upload button over towards the right after you've selected the file or files you want to upload. Then wait for it to finish uploading them before you try to do anything else. When it's done uploading the floating attachment window should have a section that says "Current Attachments" which lists all the files you've attached and already uploaded to include with the message you're posting. It also tells you the file size and lets you remove it if you change your mind before you post the message.

Once you've uploaded the files to attach you can close the floating window and finish posting your message!

You can't attach files to Private Messages but you can in regular posts in the messageboard.

That floating window where you upload the files to attach also has a chart that shows you the maximum file size for each file type. Just make sure the files you want to upload are under those limits and you should be safe!

Ben Gruagach
                    read my LiveJournal blog
                    find me on Facebook

Comment

hehe... that's not the part I needed help with! :D

but thank you!

Comment

Wow, this is pretty cool...I just noticed it.
                        It's Not the Night, but the Twilight that I Love

ékam sلd vيprā bahudhā vadanti

¤´¨)
                        ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
                        (¸.·´ (¸.·`¤.SylverStar'...¤

Comment

BenG,
                          I'd do that, but it really doesn't work for the PodsnetBOS. If want to download the full version they can google it and download the 7 zip files. (But it's really difficult to find anything in it from those files.)
                          Site Adminstrator, (Yes, really!)
                          Official Site Vixen, 100% Grade A Evil,
                          Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
                          subscribe to mw

Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking.

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylara View Post
                            BenG,
                            I'd do that, but it really doesn't work for the PodsnetBOS. If want to download the full version they can google it and download the 7 zip files. (But it's really difficult to find anything in it from those files.)
                            I just thought if someone was going to all the trouble of formatting stuff to post as a series of messages here, it would actually be easier for them to just do it as a TXT or DOC file and attach it -- regardless where they're getting it from (like the PODSNet stuff or elsewhere.)

TXT or DOC or even PDF files are easier for the end user to actually save and keep themselves than posts.

But don't let me stop anyone who wants to post stuff as actual messages! Just trying to save everyone having to reformat things multiple times.

Ben Gruagach
                            read my LiveJournal blog
                            find me on Facebook

Comment

If we don't post the files in the posts they will not be searchable. mol wants to have the actual text posted so we can easily find what we're looking for. It would be good to have both though.

Speaking of.... I'm considering looking for a MW Librarian. I don't have time to post all the texts I want in here.

Comment

Working...
                              X