aluokaloo's altar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Bob get through his surgery safely and heal well thank you
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

• please please please please please please pleeeeeassseee! Let fox finish by the first week of december! pleasen please pleaaaasseeeeeeee!
      Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
      "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

• To those underworld deities

I have a pull that the God is Arawn,
        the Young Lady is Brighid
        and the old one is Kalma

whoever you three may be, even though I may have already been given signs, I would like a few more obvious ones, cause I'm very very dense! I would at least like to thank you all properly. Thank you

Comment

• Thank you

for Zuka and Poseidon, I wanted to thank You both for your help last night. I am glad I could help too. I know it wasn't much but I'm glad I could help a little.

Comment

• Poseidon

Oh Great Sea-King
            I want to thank You
            for blessing the donation
            I made to the Mediterranean Monk Seals
            today. I am glad that whether it was them
            or You who alerted me to their plight
            though I can't speak a lick of greek
            that I will be able to hopefully have a chance
            to help them regain a healthy and sizeable population
            again thank You for blessing the donation Oh
            Mighty Poseidon! I am grateful for it.

Comment

• Thor's Day 2007

Oh Mighty Thunderer
              Rolling Thunder God,
              that rumbles and roars!
              You crack Your goat-drawn chariot
              and take off faster then thought!
              The roll of Your wheels
              The flash of Your hair!
              The strength of Your body
              and soul! When You come
              all must make way!
              In awe I've watched You
              and listened to Your sacred
              music! A muscular arm
              wields powerful mjollnir
              and the skill of Your
              calibered vision never
              fails to hit it's mark!
              Be revered and honored!
              Oh Thor the Mighty!
              Be hailed Oh Thor
              the strong! Your bravery
              is great! Your war cries
              rend the night air!
              Thor!

Comment

• Thor's Day 2007

Thor was distraught when upon awakening one morning he discovered that his mighty hammer Mjِlnir was missing. His shaggy head and his beard quivered as he, the first-born of Mother-Earth reached around for it.

His first words were: "Loki, listen to me! I have suffered a loss beyond perception. My hammer has been stolen!"

They hurried to Freyja's home, and he said: "Freyja, will you lend me your feather-robe so that I can find and retrieve my hammer?"

Freyja said: "I would give it to you, even if it were made of gold or silver."

Loki then flew, with whirring feathers, from the home of the ئsir to the land of the giants.

Thrym, the King of the Thurse, [Note 1] was sitting on a mound, pleating golden halters for his hounds and smoothing the manes of his mares.

Thrym said: "How are the ئsir, and how are the alfs, and what brings you to the land of the giants?"

Loki said: "It's not well with the ئsir, nor with the alfs. Are you the one who hid Thor's hammer?"

Thrym said: "Yes, I hid Thor's hammer a full eight leagues beneath the ground. And no one can get it from me unless he brings Freyja here to be my bride."

Loki then flew, with whirring feathers, from the home of the giants to the land of the ئsir. Thor met him in the central courtyard, and he said:

What good news do you have to report? Have your efforts been rewarded? Tell me, even before you light, what you have learned. A sitting person is often forgetful, and a lying person lies. [Note 2]

Loki said: "My efforts have been rewarded. Thrym, the King of the Thurse, has your hammer. But no one can get it from him unless he brings him Freyja to be his bride."

They hurried to Freyja's home, and Thor said: "Freyja, dress yourself in bridal linen! The two of us are going to the land of the giants."

Freyja grew angry and foamed with rage. The entire hall shook with her fury. The necklace of the Brisings [Note 3] broke apart. She said: "I would have to be the man-craziest of all to go with you to the land of the giants."

All the gods and goddesses of the ئsir hurriedly assembled at the Thing to discuss how they might retrieve Thor's hammer.

Heimdall, the fairest of the gods and one of the prophetic Vanir, foretold the future:

"We shall dress Thor in bridal linen, and adorn him with the necklace of the Brisings. Let him wear a woman's clothes with a bundle of housewife's keys dangling about him and with bridal jewels at his breast and on his head."

Thor, the mighty god, said, "the ئsir will call me cowardly and womanish if I allow myself to be dressed in bridal linen."

Then Loki, the son of Laufey, said: "Save your words, Thor. The giants will soon take over Asgard if you do not retrieve your hammer from them."

So they dressed Thor in women's clothes and bridal linen and adorned him with the necklace of the Brisings, with a bundle of housewife's keys dangling about him and with bridal jewels at his breast and on his head.

Then Loki, the son of Laufey, said: "I will be your servant girl, and the two of us will go to the land of the giants."

The goats were driven home and tied with ropes to run with them. The mountains burst and the earth broke into flames as the son of Odin rode to the land of the giants.

Then Thrym, the King of the Thurse, said: "Stand up, you giants, and cover the benches! Bring me Freyja, the daughter of Njِrd from Noatun, to be my wife!"

In my yard I have cows with golden horns, pure black oxen, everything a giant could want; I have riches and treasures; Freyja alone is all that I lack.

That evening they brought ale to the giant's table, and Sif's husband ate an entire ox, eight salmon, and all the baked goods that they brought for the women, and then he drank three measures of mead.

Then Thrym, the King of the Thurse, said: "Have you ever seen a bride bite more sharply? I have never seen a bride bite more broadly, nor have I ever seen a maiden drink more mead."

The maiden quickly responded to the giant's words: "Freyja was so eagerly awaiting the land of giants that she ate nothing for eight full nights!"

He peeked beneath her veil, wanting to kiss her, but then jumped to the back of the hall with a single bound. "Why are Freyja's eyes so terrifying? They seem to be aglow with fire!"

The maiden quickly responded to the giant's words: "Freyja was so eagerly awaiting the land of giants that she did not sleep for eight full nights."

The giant's poor sister entered and begged for a bridal gift: "If you want my friendship and love, then please give me those red-gold rings from your arm."

Then Thrym, the King of the Thurse, said, "Bring the hammer so that we may consecrate the bride. Lay Mjِlnir in her lap, from the hand of Vلr [Note 4], and let us be consecrated as a pair.

Hlَrithi's [Note 5] heart laughed within him when he saw his hammer. First he struck down Thrym, the King of the Thurse, and then he slew all the giant's kin.

He also killed the giant's poor sister who had begged for a bridal gift. Instead of shillings she received blows and instead of rings, a hammer hit. And thus Odin's son retrieved his hammer.

Thrym's Lay

Comment

• Thor's Day 2007

I AM the God Thor,
                  I am the War God,
                  I am the Thunderer!
                  Here in my Northland,
                  My fastness and fortress,
                  Reign I forever!
                  Here amid icebergs
                  Rule I the nations;
                  This is my hammer,
                  Miِlner the mighty;
                  Giants and sorcerers
                  Cannot withstand it!
                  These are the gauntlets
                  Wherewith I wield it,
                  And hurl it afar off;
                  This is my girdle;
                  Whenever I brace it,
                  Strength is redoubled!
                  The light thou beholdest
                  Stream through the heavens,
                  In flashes of crimson,
                  Is but my red beard
                  Blown by the night-wind,
                  Affrighting the nations!
                  Jove is my brother;
                  Mine eyes are the lightning;
                  The wheels of my chariot
                  Roll in the thunder,
                  The blows of my hammer
                  Ring in the earthquake!
                  Force rules the world still,
                  Has ruled it, shall rule it;
                  Meekness is weakness,
                  Strength is triumphant,
                  Over the whole earth
                  Still is it Thor's-Day!
                  Thou art a God too,
                  O Galilean!
                  And thus singled-handed
                  Unto the combat,
                  Gauntlet or Gospel,
                  Here I defy thee!

The Challenge of Thor!

Comment

• Boreas' Festival 2007

I know I'm a little late but,
                    now I can celebrate this day properly

Comment

• Boreas' Festival 2007

Boreas, wintery gale that rends the oceans of Air,
                      Icy Power, come from your home in snow-covered Thrace,
                      and breathe Your favor upon us.
                      Dissolve the misty, pregnant clouds resolved in rain,
                      Serenely temper all within the heavens,
                      And wipe the tears from Aether's beautiful eye.

Comment

• Boreas' Festival 2007

Boreas! O Grandfather Wind
                        You rip and roar and howl!
                        O Warrior Winds
                        Who blasts the world
                        With Your bitter cold
                        Like a thousand icy swords
                        In the winter where all the world is
                        dead! Keep me from Your wrath!
                        Winter’s icy kiss a thousand needles
                        Raining down and swirling away
                        With the pure white snow that is Your gift
                        To the world so that it may be reborn and renewed
                        By the blankets of life-giving snow!
                        Wind of Death and cold and winter
                        Howl and rip and roar!
                        Your strength is terrible
                        But necessary o Boreas
                        Of the Winter Winds!

Be revered on this Winter Day O Boreas!
                        Be honored! Hail Boreas!
                        Last edited by aluokaloo; December 10th, 2007, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Boreas' Festival 2007

BOREAS - NORTH WIND

Boreas was the Greek god of the North Wind who lived in a fertile region of Greece called Thrace. He is at home beside the river Strymon, but also inhabits a cave on Mount Haemus, a favorite haunt of the monster Typhon.

Sometimes said to have serpent-tails for feet, Boreas blew from the north, whistling through his conch. He often is depicted as being amber-winged, extremely strong, sporting a beard, and normally clad in a short pleated tunic.

Boreas is the son of Eos (Dawn) and the Titan Astraeus (some say that Aeolus is his father), and the brother of Zephyrus, Eurus and Notus (some mythographers also make him brother to Hesperus). Unlike the gentle Zephyrus, however, the violent and stormy North Wind was capable of terrific destruction. Gods often appealed to him to torment mortals, such as the time Hera asked him to shipwreck the hero Heracles (Hercules) on the island of Cos. Still, he often helped sailors by providing them with a friendly breeze.

Boreas once disguised himself as a dark-maned stallion and mingled with twelve of the 3,000 mares grazing beside the river Scamander. These famous horses belonged to Erichthonius, and from the union were born twelve fillies. They were so fleet that they could race over ripe ears of field corn without bending them, or over the crests of waves.

Boreas is notorious for kidnapping Oreithyia, who was the daughter of Erechtheus and Praxithea, king and queen of Athens. The wind god had long loved the young girl and had repeatedly asked her parents for her hand in marriage. However, they kept putting him off, telling him to wait, and using delaying tactics on Boreas.

The North Wind began to lose patience and decided to abandon his modest wooing: One day, Boreas saw Oreithyia playing beside the river Ilissus. Taking advantage, he swooped down unseen by anyone, tucked her beneath his amber wings, and carried her off to a rock near the river Ergines. Wrapped in a mantle of dark clouds, he then proceeded to ravish the helpless maiden.

Oreithyia became his wife and they settled down at the city of Thracian Cicones. They had twin sons, called Calais and Zetes (the Boreades), who were born normal but grew golden wings on their shoulders upon reaching adulthood. These swift men took part in the famous Quest for the Golden Fleece, accompanying Jason as part of the Argonauts, but were later killed by the great hero Heracles (Hercules). Boreas and Oreithyia also had two daughters, named Cleopatra and Chione.

Because of his union with Oreithyia, the Athenians regard Boreas as their brother-in-law or son-in-law, and once beseeched him to destroy the fleet of King Xerxes of Persia, which threatened the city of Athens. That was during the battle of Artemisium, fought in 480 BC.

The North Wind devastated the enemy fleet by invoking a violent storm, sinking 400 ships, and sending countless men and incredible treasure to a watery grave. The grateful citizens built Boreas a splendid temple sanctuary on the banks of the river Ilissus and a great festival, called the Boreasmi, was held annually in his honor to commemorate the Persian defeat.

The Romans identified Boreas as Aquilo. His name means "North Wind" or "Devouring".

Comment

• Eponalia 2007

It was set up for you, Sacred Mother.
                            It was set out for you, Atanta.
                            This sacred offering was purchased for you, horse goddess, Eponina.
                            So that it may satisfy, horse goddess Potia; I pay you,
                            Atanta, so that you are satisfied; I dedicate it to you.
                            By this your offering swift Ipona, with a filly, goddess Epotia
                            for a propitious lustration they bind you, Catona of battle,
                            with a filly, for the cleansing of riding horses
                            which they cleanse for you, Dibonia.
                            This swift mare, this cauldron, this smith work,
                            beside fat and this cauldron,
                            mind you, moreover with a filly, Epotia, noble and good Vovesia.

Comment

• Eponalia 2007

Skin as milky as the Mare You ride
                              Long blonde hair flowing like a mane in the wind
                              You and Your sacred animals move through the world!
                              Flowing like molten gold into one another, as a perfect
                              partnership of sacred trust! Hear me Epona!
                              As you are honored this eve, naked and shining
                              astride a milky mare Oh Epona!
                              Divine Mare! You who protects and guards over
                              this sacred messenger born of the winds!
                              Who carries and captivates humanity!
                              Who has won battles in the past due to
                              their courageous hearts and swift feet!
                              Feet with invisible wings!
                              My Lady of Horses!
                              You adored and loved!
                              Epona!

Comment

• To Enda Semangko, Set, and Artemis

I will speak with You all soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X