What I request, what I do most desire,
    I beg it of her from my very heart!
    And if the grace be granted, O Diana!
    In honour of thee I will hold this feast,
    Feast and drain the goblet deep,
    We, will dance and wildly leap,
    And if thou grant'st the grace which I require,
    Then when the dance is wildest, all the lamps
    Shall be extinguished and we'll freely love!

I will admit it Diana, that I do not like the wording of this conjuring, to be threatening a deity is just laughable in my eyes and completely disrespectful as well.
    Last edited by aluokaloo; August 13th, 2007, 11:05 AM.
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

• How Diana Made the Stars and Rain

Diana was the first created before all creation; in her were all things; out of herself, the first darkness, she divided herself; into darkness and light she was divided. Lucifer, her brother and son, herself and her other half, was the light.

And when Diana saw that the light was so beautiful, the light which was her other half, her brother Lucifer, she yearned for it with exceeding great desire. Wishing to receive the light again into her darkness, to swallow it up in rapture, in delight, she trembled with desire. This desire was the Dawn.

But Lucifer, the light, fled from her, and would not yield to her wishes; he was the light which files into the most distant parts of heaven, the mouse which flies before the cat.

Then Diana went to the fathers of the Beginning, to the mothers, the spirits who were before the first spirit, and lamented unto them that she could not prevail with Lucifer. And they praised her for her courage, they told her that to rise she must fall; to become the chief of goddesses she must become a mortal.

And in the ages, in the course of time, when the world was made, Diana went on earth, as did Lucifer,

p. 19

who had fallen, and Diana taught magic and sorcery, whence came witches and fairies and goblins--all that is like man, yet not mortal.

And it came thus that Diana took the form of a cat. Her brother had a cat whom he loved beyond all creatures, and it slept every night on his bed, a cat beautiful beyond all other creatures, a fairy: he did not know it.

Diana prevailed with the cat to change forms with her, so she lay with her brother, and in the darkness assumed her own form, and so by Lucifer became the mother of Aradia. But when in the morning he found that he lay by his sister, and that light had been conquered by darkness, Lucifer was extremely angry; but Diana sang to him a spell, a song of power, and he was silent, the song of the night which soothes to sleep; he could say nothing. So Diana with her wiles of witchcraft so charmed him that he yielded to her love. This was the first fascination, she hummed the song, it was as the buzzing of bees (or a top spinning round), a spinning-wheel spinning life. She spun the lives of all men; all things were spun from the wheel of Diana. Lucifer turned the wheel.

Diana was not known to the witches and spirits, the fairies and elves who dwell in desert place, the goblins, as their mother; she hid herself in humility and was a mortal, but by her will she rose again above all. She had such passion for witchcraft, and became so powerful therein, that her greatness could not be hidden.

And thus it came to pass one night, at the meeting

p. 20

of all the sorceresses and fairies, she declared that she would darken the heavens and turn all the stars into mice.

All those who were present said--

"If thou canst do such a strange thing, having risen to such power, thou shalt be our queen."

Diana went into the street; she took the bladder of an ox and a piece of witch-money, which has an edge like a knife--with such money witches cut the earth from men's foot-tracks--and she cut the earth, and with it and many mice she filled the bladder, and blew into the bladder till it burst.

And there came a great marvel, for the earth which was in the bladder became the round heaven above, and for three days there was a great rain; the mice became stars or rain. And having made the heaven and the stars and the rain, Diana became Queen of the Witches; she was the cat who ruled the star-mice, the heaven and the rain.
      Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
      "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

• Diana

Lovely Goddess of the bow!
        Lovely Goddess of the arrows!
        Of all hounds and of all hunting
        Thou who wakest in starry heaven
        When the sun is sunk in slumber
        Thou with moon upon they forehead,
        Who the chase by night preferrest
        Unto hunting in the daylight,
        With thy nymphs unto the music
        Of the horn--thyself the huntress,
        And most powerful: I pray thee
        Think, although but for an instant,
        Upon us who pray unto thee! 1

Comment

• I will break my rusty old cage! No matter what!

You wired me awake
          And hit me with a hand of broken nails
          You tied my lead and pulled my chain
          To watch my blood begin to boil
          But Im gonna break
          Im gonna break my
          Im gonna break my rusty cage and run
          Too cold to start a fire
          Im burning diesel burning dinosaur bones
          Ill take the river down to still water
          And ride a pack of dogs
          Im gonna break
          Im gonna break my
          Hits like a phillips head
          Into my brain
          Its gonna be too dark
          To sleep again
          Cutting my teeth on bars
          And rusty chains, Im gonna break my
          Rusty cage and run
          When the forest burns
          Along the road
          Like gods eyes
          In my headlights
          When the dogs are looking
          For their bones
          And its raining icepicks
          On your steel shore
          Im gonna break
          Im gonna break my

Comment

• Kitsune!

Warrior and Lady
            Illusion Weavers
            Creators of Reality
            Strong and Arogant
            Wise and Elegant
            Fox Spirits!
            Kitsune!

Comment

• Fenris

Mighty Fenris
              Oh Wolf God Fierce!
              I know that You have told me
              that my life is taking a new turn
              I am ready to die and be reborn
              yet again, and again. o get stronger all
              the time. Fierce Patron Beloved of my heart
              'I will always worship You, and only by the sharpness
              of Your Fierce Fangs will I go home someday
              Be adored!

Comment

• Diana

Swift Lady Hunting searching'
                running seeking with bow in hand
                chase the deer your hounds eternally
                running by your side in elation and
                the joy of eternal muscles flow like water
                through forests dark, and high cliff starks
                Oh Diana! I adore Thee!

Comment

• Boar

Sacred Guardian Totem
                  You are always with me
                  I have grown truly fond of you
                  tough and fierce strong and stury
                  persistant and a force to be reckoned
                  with.

Comment

• Tiamat

Lady of Chaos
                    Goddess of the
                    eternal abyss'
                    You Oh Mother
                    are Creator of All
                    vengeful and dark
                    of battlespells
                    powerful!
                    Even in death
                    You create
                    even when
                    You consume
                    You give!
                    Hail Tiamat
                    Oh Splendid Goddess!

Comment

• Morpheus

With skilled ans gentle hands,
                      You sweep the day away.
                      bringing visions in front of
                      our wandering minds
                      Oh Morpheus of Daydreams
                      During the hours of night and
                      dark morning You give messages,
                      symbols, through our dreaming mimnds
                      in the night we travel bringer of dreams and nightmares!
                      Hear this O Morpheus be adored!
                      Be revered! Oh Morpheus!
                      In Your arms we truly see!
                      Hail O Morpheus!

Comment

• Morpheus' Night of Dreams

A Morpheus Abecedary
                        A is for Anima and Animus, the male within women and the female within men. A theory of Jung's that I find easier on the mind than thinking that the appearances of Julianna Margulies and Joan Chen in my head in the last week was saying something about my inner self and not really a shapeshifting old Greek guy.

B is for Brainwave. Beta, Alpha, Delta, Theta. Seems they were on to something back in the long ago. The brothers Hypnos & Thanatos. Deep Sleep & Death live in their cave next to each other, as well as riding on the last two waves in our skull. And then there is Morpheus for the wave that brings dreams. Who then is the brother or sister of Full Alertness?

C is for Chaos, the father of Nyx the night and in time the Great Grand Dad of Morpheus. Now you know which side of the family some of your dreams get their looks from.

D is for Dreams. Letters from ourselves, what good are they if we don't open them and take a look?

E is for Eris Goddess of Discord, sister of Hypnos, aunt of Morpheus. Are we starting to see a strong family resemblance here?

F is for the Fates, more of Morpheus' dear aunties. And you thought it was bad when yours pinched your cheeks when you were young.

G is for Gaia the sister of Nyx and the Goddess of the Earth. You know Morpheus hoped to be sent to her place for Summer vacation. The cooking was better.

H is for Hypnos the father of Morpheus, not much of a dad I fear, spent a lot of time sleeping on a couch. Perhaps that's why so many of us are able to relate to him.

I is for Icelus & Phantasus the brothers of Morpheus. One did animals and the other did objects. If a robot dog shows up in a dream do they flip for it?

J is for Juno the Queen of the Gods, who like her counterpart Hera used the services of the God of Sleep. Ironically sending as her spokes diety the multi-hued glowing Goddess Iris to his dark abode. Just because your in charge does not mean you can't have a sense of humor.

K is for the Keres, another of Nyx's children and the Greek `Angel of Death.' Sharp toothed, red robed, eyes gleaming she hovered above battlefields delivering the final blow. Always brings brings the deserts (just) to the family get togethers.

L is for Lethe, the river of Oblivion that flows through the Land of the Dead. Winding in time beside the Cave of Hypnos and Thanatos. It's sound the only one to be found.

M is for Morpheus, the God of Dreams. Appearing in few myths he's still a very versatile fellow. Later moved in with a new group so that now his fame appears to be one of the Endless.

N is for Nyx, or Nox if you have a hard time pronouncing that! Along with Gaia the first of the intelligent deities, as well as the one feared by all even Zeus, Ares & Apollo. I understand she was nice to her kids though.

O is for Oneiroi the 1000 little black-winged daimones who were lesser dreams. Now you know why dream interpretation was once referred to as oneiroiolgy.

P is for Pasithea the mother of Morpheus, sometimes also called Aglia. She was one of the graces. Brightness.... think of it as Martha Stewart marrying Christopher Lee and giving birth to Johnny Depp.

Q is for Quest, as in those that take place in dreams. Ever awakened more tired then when you went to sleep? Try running around in your head less.

R is for Rapid Eye Movement. The sure sign that a sleeper is dreaming, it has been found that the true refreshing part of sleep does not take place until this action and dreaming has taken place. Perhaps it's just your sleeping self trying to keep track of the three brothers.

S is for Somnus, the Roman version of Hypnos. Like so many Roman renderings of these beings a bit more tough, like his Greek counterpart he cast sleep on others great and meek, however he followed up once by killing poor Palinurus by pushing him into the drink.

T is for Thanatos, the "older" twin of Hypnos and uncle to Morpheus. He lived with his brother in a dark cave in Hades. The original odd couple? I assume he was the neat one.

U is for unconscious, better known as sleep. The term seeming to say that sleep is a state of non-thought, which our dreams put to the lie.
                        Perhaps paraconacious would be a better word.

V is for vision, or a waking dream. Often sought for insight, as long as you don't end up with one that has you showing up at school in your underwear for real.

W is for wakefulness, the opposite of dreaming. Somewhat like it, only with better color and worse diversity.

X is for Xuxa and Xerxes playing a Xylophone under a Xiphoid shaped X-mass tree. Truly what could be a better study of Xenology (strangeness) than dreams?

Y is for yearning or that is to say to want. There are those who say that dreams are just our secret yearnings taking a test run through in our heads. If that's the case, then someone please explain why I was trying to eat a 50-pound boiled turnip using chop sticks the night before last?

Z is for Zeus, King of the Gods. Once, we are told, put soundly asleep by Morpheus' dad Hypnos, on waking and finding what had been done he readied a lightning bolt to blow him to bits. Until dissuaded by a hard look from Nyx. Here we learn something about the real power among the Olympians I think.

Comment

• Morpheus' Night of Dreams

To Morpheus
                          Morpheus, thou god of sleep,
                          O'er my couch .thy shadow spread,
                          Into slumber sweet and deep,
                          Let my weary soul be laid.
                          Fold me close within thy arms,
                          God of sleep! I woo thy charms.

To my tossing bed descend,
                          From my brain these phantoms sweep,
                          Blest oblivion kindly lend.
                          Fold me close within thy arms,
                          God of sleep! I woo thy charms.

Why dost thou refuse my prayer?
                          Lo! I bow in reverence deep,
                          Asking rest from thought and care.
                          Fold, oh! fold me in thy arms,
                          Mighty god! I woo thy charms.

Morpheus, thou false, false god!
                          I'll no longer sing thy praise;
                          Thou, denying me to nod,
                          Giv'st to those who read my lays.
                          Fold them close within thy arms,
                          God o'sleep! they need thy charms.

Comment

• Orphic Hymn to Morpheus

Morpheus, King of Gods and mortals, Sovereign of all sustained by Mother Earth,
                            Your dominion is supreme, extending over all, and by all things known.

By Your benevolence,
                            all bodies are restrained in unbreakable bonds that are not brass,
                            You grant repose from weary toil, and tame all cares.

Sweet solace in affliction flows from you,
                            Your pleasing, gentle chains preserve the soul, and ease the dreadful cares of death.
                            The River Lethe that streams oblivion, and Death are your true Brothers.

Incline to my prayer with your favoring aspect,
                            And save your mystics in their divine works.

Comment

• MorfeuV

Ovid, Metamorphoses 11. 585 (trans. Melville) (Roman epic C1st B.C. to C1st A.D.) :
                              "[Hera commands her messenger Iris to summon a Dream-spirit :] `Iris, my voice's trustiest messenger, hie quickly to the drowsy hall of Somnus [Hypnos], and bid him send a dream of Ceyx drowned to break the tidings to [his wife] Alcyone.' Then Iris, in her thousand hues enrobed traced through the sky her arching bow and reached the cloud-hid palace of the drowsy king. Near the Cimmerii land a cavern lies deep in the hollow of a mountainside, the home and sanctuary of lazy Somnus, where the sun's beams can never reach at morn or noon or eve, but cloudy vapours rise in doubtful twilight; there no wakeful cock crows summons to the dawn, no guarding hound the silence breaks, nor goose, a keener guard; no creature wild or tame is heard, no sound of human clamour and no rustling branch. There silence dwells : only the lazy stream of Lethe 'neath the rock with whisper low o'er pebbly shallows trickling lulls to sleep. Before the cavern's mouth lush poppies grow and countless herbs, from whose bland essences a drowsy infusion dewy Nox (Night) distils and sprinkles sleep across the darkening world. No doors are there for fear a hinge should creak, no janitor before the entrance stands, but in the midst a high-raised couch is set of ebony, sable and downy-soft, and covered with a dusky counterpane, whereon the god, relaxed in languor, lies. Around him everywhere in various guise lie empty Somnia [Oneiroi, dreams], countless as ears of corn at harvest time or sands cast on the shore or leaves that fall upon the forest floor. There Iris entered, brushing the Somnia (Dreams) aside, and the bright sudden radiance of her robe lit up the hallowed place; slowly the god his heavy eyelids raised, and sinking back time after time, his languid drooping head nodding upon his chest, at last he shook himself out of himself, and leaning up he recognized her and asked why she came, and she replied : `Somnus, quietest of the gods, Somnus, peace of all the world, balm of the soul, who drives care away, who gives ease to weary limbs after the hard day's toil and strength renewed to meet the morrow's tasks, bid now thy Dreams, whose perfect mimicry matches the truth, in Ceyx's likeness formed appear in Trachis to Alcyone and feign the shipwreck and her dear love drowned. So Juno [Hera] orders.'
                              Then, her task performed, Iris departed, for she could no more endure the power of Somnus, as drowsiness stole seeping through her frame, and fled away back o'er the arching rainbow as she came. The father Somnus chose from among his sons, his thronging thousand sons, one who in skill excelled to imitate the human form; Morpheus his name, than whom none can present more cunningly the features, gait and speech of men, their wonted clothes and turn of phrase. He mirrors only men; another forms the beasts and birds and the long sliding snakes. The gods have named him Icelos; here below the tribe of mortals call him Phobetor. A third, excelling in an art diverse, is Phantasos; he wears the cheating shapes of earth, rocks, water, trees--inanimate things. To kings and chieftains these at night display their phantom features; other dreams will roam among the people, haunting common folk. All these dream-brothers the old god passed by and chose Morpheus alone to undertake Thaumantias' [Iris’] commands; then in sweet drowsiness on his high couch he sank his head to sleep. Soon through the dewy dark on noiseless wings flew Morpheus and with brief delay arrived at Trachis town and, laying his wings aside, took Ceyx‘s [ghostly] form and face and, deathly pale and naked, stood beside the poor wife‘s bed. His beard was wet and from his sodden hair the sea-drips flowed; then leaning over her, weeping, he said : `Poor, poor Alcyone! Do you know me, your Ceyx? Am I changed in death? Look! Now you see, you recognize--ah! Not your husband but your husband‘s ghost. Your prayers availed me nothing. I am dead. Feed not your heart with hope, hope false and vain. A wild sou‘wester in the Aegaeum sea, striking my ship, in its huge hurricane destroyed her. Over my lips, calling your name--calling in vain--the waters washed. These tidings no dubious courier brings, no vague report: myself, here, shipwrecked, my own fate reveal. Come, rise and weep! Put on your mourning! Weep! Nor unlamented suffer me to join the shadowy spirits of Tartara (the Underworld).’ So Morpheus spoke, spoke too in such a voice as she must think her husband‘s (and his tears she took for true), and used her Ceyx‘ gestures. Asleep, she moaned and wept and stretched her arms to hold him, but embraced the empty air. `Oh wait for me!’ she cried, `Why haste away? I will come too.’ Roused by her voice‘s sound and by her husband‘s ghost, now wide awake, she looked . . . but found him nowhere . . . She cried, `. . . He is dead, shipwrecked and drowned. I saw him, knew him, tried to hold him--as he vanished--in my arms. He was a ghost, but yet distinct and clear, truly my husband‘s ghost, though to be sure his face was changed, his shining grace was gone. Naked and deathly pale, with dripping hair, I saw him--woe is me!"

Comment

• Kitsune Tagteam

I wanted to lwt you know that we will speak soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X