Ahaut's Thread of Thankfulness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahaut's Thread of Thankfulness

Thank You for nudging me in his general direction. Not sure what will come of this, but if I can make his life even a little better, then it's all good.

Thank You for keeping my brother safe while he was overseas.

Thank You for my job and my coworkers/bosses. They make this job worth it.

Thank You for my cruise next week. I think it's going to be wonderful.

Thank You for this apartment. It may not be as well-decorated as I would like just yet (I've only been here since September), but it's mine, and I'm glad of it.

Thank You for my mom taking such good care of Raja, Tris & Jerry for me.
    ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Thank You for my vacation. Eeeeeeeee!!!! I'm on vacaaaaaation!!!!!

Thank You for people at work telling me today that I look great It made me feel better after the annoying result I saw on the scale this morning. (It's gotta be water weight, because I absolutely have *not* been cheating on this diet.)

Thank You for this nifty idea to document my trip.

Thank You the leftovers and the free food at work today. I haven't wanted to buy any food all week, because I don't want it to go bad next week while I'm away.

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Comment

Thank goodness my taxes are done.

Thank goodness I'm getting a really nice refund.

Thank You for chocolate. Ghiradelli is goooooood.

Thank You for letting my size 7 ring fit me far better than it used to when I first got it 16 years ago. (All the typing I do makes my fingers far skinnier now than they used to be when I was younger, even though I was a lot skinnier overall then.

Thank You for a nice, relaxing weekend.

Thank You for my delicious dinner.

Thank You for good movies.

Thank You for paydays and grocery shopping and full fridges and full cabinets.

Thank You for my job.

Thank You for my family.

Thank You for hope.

Thank You for powdered milk. Here's hoping THIS time I can keep some form of milk in the house without it going bad before I ever even open it.

Comment

Thank You for being with me as I continue to lose this weight.

Thank You for letting me be thin enough to get into the pool. (I didn't used to be able to, because the ladder into the above-ground pool wouldn't support my weight.)

Thank You for letting me find a pretty bathing suit.

Comment

Thank You for today. I will treasure it always.

Comment

Thank You for:

- Good movies
            - Unemployment checks
            - Scheduled Interviews
            - Pizza
            - Treadmills
            - Soft-baked Dutch cocoa cookies
            - Not working for a company with dubious business practices anymore
            - Good books
            - The coming of Spring
            - The knowledge that I'm not completely unfortunate looking (even if I'm not particularly interested in the lout who frenched me and groped me on a first date)
            - Pancakes with maple cinnamon sugar mixed right into the batter... and then drenched in REAL maple syrup (which is thinner and has a slightly different taste than Aunt Jemima's.)

Comment

Thank You for:

- Silly links that still work, years later, to put a smile on my face
              - Having an interview today
              - Having an interview on Wednesday
              - Sharing my life with the most wonderful green-cheek conure ever (Happy Hatchday, Phoebe!!!)
              - Still more leftover pizza (leftover sales meeting pizza seems to be the ONLY good thing from my last job)
              - Jobs to apply for
              - Not having to be out in the rain until about 2 o' clock.

Comment

Thank You for:

- Letting me find out what cornmeal mush with maple syrup and milk tastes like. (Not bad, but not something I need to make ever again, because I still have issues with putting cold milk on hot cereal.)

- Law & Order:SVU

- Craigslist job postings that lead to interviews (even if there haven't been any for me yet today... typical for a Tuesday)

- slow job posting days, because I get to goof off a bit

- Sunshine and blue sky

Comment

Thank You for:

- The green, red and buff-colored, adorable bundle of sweetness and spice sitting on my keyboard, preening herself and attempting to rip the keys OFF the keyboard. When she's not stealing the keyboard's tiles, she's the most wonderful companion I could ever ask for. I am so blessed to have little Phoebe in my life.

- Not having to go anywhere today. I haven't been sleeping well at all lately, and my butt is dragging, big-time.

- Mike's Hard Lime. I drank a bottle of it yesterday afternoon (haven't had anything alcoholic to drink in a long time). It really paired well with the pizza and chips I had for lunch. It hit the spot. On one hand, I'm sad it's all gone, but on the other, at least it's not there in quantity, which would tempt me to drink it all in quantity.

- Hard-boiled eggs. Not sure if I'll make them into an egg salad sandwich or just make up some deviled eggs, but either way, yum for lunch!

- Sunshine. It might be bitterly cold outside today, but the sun is shining, so that vastly improves my mood.

- Books to read about woodsculpting. Dad loaned them to me because he just realized my budding interest in it (because he was wondering who had DVR'd Woodsculpting on DIY Network).

Comment

Thank You for:

- homemade popcorn (tastes WAY better than microwave popcorn)
                    - good books
                    - an adorable green-cheek conure (who is currently patroling the top of my laptop screen) like a little feathered sentry
                    - the knowlege that, while I may not be getting married (or even have a boyfriend), at least I am nowhere near as dumb or rude or bitchy as these girls on Bridezillas
                    - warmer weather (low 50's is much nicer than the 20's and 30's last week)
                    - my first carving experience... with soap. It taught me that 1) will never be a professional soap carver, 2) wood will not be as difficult to work with (soap is soft and kind of sticky, and it flakes) and 3) even though I quickly gave up on carving that bar of soap, I didn't do TOO bad at it. (What I mean is, if that's the worst it can look like, practicing and using a different medium and proper tools will soon yield some really NICE results.)
                    - Diet Coke (it'll probably give me cancer, but it tastes good)

Comment

Thank You for:

- not letting me get that job at C-4. I would have gotten along well with everyone except the two guys I would have been supporting.

- letting me see him in my dreams. No idea if it's a visit or just wishful thinking, but it's better than nothing. (Though, if it were just wishful thinking, why can't I be talking to him or kissing him or something GOOD like that?)

- indoor plumbing and hot water. Warm is good. Clean is good.

- spring weather. Might be rainy, but at least it's warmer.

- starting dieting. Again. (Dieting sucks, but it's a bit easier if I take a multi-vitamin pill each day. Controls any lack-of-nutrient-based food cravings.)

Comment

Mean to put this in THIS thread:

W00t!!!!!!

Thank You, thank You, thank You, thank You!!!!!!!

Comment

Thank You for:

- A good first week at work.
                          - Good Indian food for lunch today.
                          - More DVD's!
                          - The cutest stuffed sheep ever. She's so soft.... and squashy.... and soft! I'm naming her Marshmallow Fluff.
                          - Limited Edition Turkey Hill Ice Cream flavors. Today, I bought "Box of Chocolates." That's sinfully decadent chocolate ice cream with miniature versions of chocolate that would be found in an actual box of chocolates.
                          - Not choosing this year as one in which to visit Japan. I still really want to go there some day, but maybe not for a few years.

Comment

Thank You for:

- getting me through today at work (this stomach flu SUCKS)
                            - getting me home safely tonight (my jeep SUCKS)
                            - getting me home without letting me pass out while driving (this stomach flue SUCKS)
                            - parents who are trying their hardest to help me out of this vehicular predicament (my jeep SUCKS)
                            - letting me be home so I can go to bed soon (this stomach flu SUCKS)

Comment

Thank You for the idea whirling around in my head right now. Where there's a me, there's a way. I want this. And if anyone has the bloody-mindedness to do it, it's me.

Comment

Working...
                              X