Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**bump for myself so I can find it easier later tonight**
    ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Comment

I'm thankful that I got through another day at work, and that I'm another day closer to leaving this job behind.

I'm thankful for my Phoebe and my Raja. I couldn't ask for better companions.

I'm thankful for the pumpkin soup I had for dinner. And the homemade sourdough biscuits I had with it.

I'm thankful for the muscle relaxant and soporific properties of alcohol. It deadens the fatigue-induced limb jerks.

I'm thankful that MW is back. I've got three years' worth of potential thread material trapped inside me.

I'm thankful for finding Will Kemp Art School on You Tube. Without it, I would never have discovered I have a talent for painting.

I'm thankful for finding The Piano and Violin Tutor on You Tube. Without it, I wouldn't be able to play my violin at all.

I'm thankful that I am finally about to go live in a place I *want* to live, after living for so long in a place I *don't* want to live in.

I'm thankful for the video my mom sent this morning, of the three gorgeous deer that regularly stroll down our property on their way to wherever it is that deer go for breakfast.

I'm grateful for my family.

I'm grateful for a big family breakfast we had this past Sunday, with my brother and sister-in-law and this couple who are their closest friends in attendance. It was a lot of fun. (We should do that more often, actually.)

I'm thankful for the mattress I got this summer. I love my Arden Air!

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Comment

Tonight, I am thankful that one more week is done, and I survived it without getting fired.... barely. (I'm tardy because I hate my boss and also because being a salaried employee means I am supposed to be able to compensate for his keeping me til 6, 6:30 or even 7... Mr. Take-Take-Take doesn't see it that way.)

I am thankful that I can be on MW **on my PHONE **, which is just the coolest thing ever. (Aside: I love my iPhone! I only got it a couple months ago.)

I am grateful that it's bedtime. No time left today to play on MW (it's been a heck of a day), but hey, I pick up my phone whenever I wake up during the night, so I could post something around 3 or so...)

I am thankful that I am one week closer to moving to paradise (a quaint town in NH). Just two weeks weeks of work left, and then I can give my notice on the 2nd. (I'm stressed out beyond belief and scared silly because I'm voluntarily leaving a job with no other job already in hand, but life experience has taught me this: I *will* be fine, just fine. It's just hard to convince my anxiety of this, even though it's proven true over and over again throughout my working life.)

I am thankful I was able to bite my tongue and refrain from laughing in my boss' face when the threatened to find someone else willing to come in on time. Ordinarily, such words coming from a boss would terrify me, but I don't NEED this job anymore, so that puts a totally different spin on things.

Comment

Kinda feeling down today. It might be because I've forgotten to take my vitamin D for a week or so. (You'd think I would remember, seeing as it's what keeps my PMDD tamed down to normal PMS.) And it could be the weather. Gods, how I hate gray, gloomy weather. Either rain, snow, or be sunny! Gray, cloudy sky is just so..... half-assed..... and so BLAH. I guess my mood also has to do with money and uncertainty. Money, because when I'm done with this job in a couple weeks, I won't have any other money coming in until I find something else. And uncertainty, because after this job is done, I have no idea what the heck else I'll be doing, or how soon I'll be doing it. Plus, the holidays are RIGHT HERE, and I don't want to purchase things for people, because I would rather make them gifts, but I don't have much time, all my stuff is in boxes, and I worry that the thingsI want to make won't be appreciated by the (wonderful but somewhat materialistic) people on my gift list. Sad part is, I only give to Mom, Dad, brother, SIL, one aunt, one friend, one bird and one cat. They're used to my giving them somewhere between $100 and $150 each for Christmas. (Well, not the cat and bird. They only get about $20 or $30 spent on each to them.) This year, I'm just not going to have that to give.

And I'm also bothered by the lack of jobs where I'm moving. There's a grocery store and an Ocean State Job Lot that are both hiring.... and that's it. The money I would be making there, if I were even allowed to work nearly 40 hours a week would still not be enough to cover all of my bills. And it's not what I *want* to do, anyway. I don't mind picking up part-time work to round out my income, but I don't want to be doing that with ALL of my time. I want to be spending my time creating things, and then selling those things. Ideally, I would only make things and sell things. But second best would be to do that and have a part-time telecommute job, not a retail job.

**sighs** And then there's the warped and twisted part of me that wonders if my boss will offer to keep me on a "consultancy" basis, where he would let me do some work for him remotely. Most of me despises that idea, but another part of me thinks it would be logical to say yes if he offers it, and still another -- incredibly ANNOYING -- part of me wonders if he would even bother to ask, and that part of me actually feels sad at the thought that he might not ask. (Largely because I like money, but also because I've spent 4.5 years working very hard for this jerk, and it would insult the hell out of me to have him not ask to keep me on in some fashion.)

Oh, and then there's health insurance. This one ticks me off to no end. I should NOT be required by law to purchase crappy insurance coverage that does next to nothing, and which I cannot now afford anyway. In the Land of the Free, should not one be free to be uninsured, if we so choose, and free from penalties for choosing to be uninsured?

So, yeah.... I'm feeling kinda down today. I know it will all (eventually) turn out okay, but it's not helping my mood very much today.

Since this is my thankful thread, I guess I should put some of those in this post, too.

Today, I'm thankful for the end of work being nigh, finally.

I'm thankful for Halloween candy, because it's what's getting me through this morning.

I'm thankful that my boss is now at an off-site meeting for the next hour or two.

I'm thankful that lunch is in a half-hour.

I'm thankful for the beautiful home I'll be moving to very soon. (Gods, this has taken forever. My folks have been there since August, and I've been house-sitting the old house while they were finding a buyer for it.)

I'm thankful that the house is very nearly empty, finally, because moving all of our stuff has been a tremendous amount of work.

I'm thankful for Phoebe's antics... I found a toy of hers that had gotten shoved under my bed somehow. And now, she's having the best time ever, beating the toy up and shoving it off her cage (for me to pick up and put on the cage again so she can shove it off again.... it's Fetch, conure-style.)

I'm thankful for Raja's warmth and purring. His constant yowling drives me bonkers (I'm not sure even HE knows what he wants.... and I suspect it might be a sign of the onset of feline dementia. He's 12, so he's the right age for it), but I love him to pieces anyway.

I'm thankful that there's enough room in my new bedroom that I'll be able to put up my own tree (in addition to helping Mom set up the family tree downstairs).

I'm thankful for good shows on Amazon Prime, like Downton Abbey and Sex and the City.

I'm thankful that Thanksgiving will be here soon, because roast turkey (and all of the stuff that goes with it) is my absolute favorite meal.

I'm thankful that Halloween falls on the weekend, so that I will be able to get the trick-or-treaters out of the way before observing a more somber Samhain. without needing to rush home from work, too. (I'm not Wiccan, but Samhain is a holiday observance that the Netjeru appreciate anyway.)

I'm thankful that it's Wednesday. Only two more days left of this week (after today). And then, only one more week of "normal work week", because the Monday after that, I give my notice. Only a week. And he could let me stay working that week, or he could tell me not to bother coming back (because he gets really mad when people leave, especially when they don't give two weeks' notice). And then, the weekend of November 7th-8th, finally, I'll be moving to my new home.

And I'm thankful for this brilliant shaft of sunlight that has just decided to brighten my day. Still gray sky where I'm looking, but I can see the bright sunlight and breaks in the clouds through the skylight overhead, so that's a cheery thing.

Comment

Just got thwapped on the head by Father, for trying to apply for a crappy job I don't really want after I just finished saying what I really want for sources of income. Pretty much it was a feeling of, "Well, if you don't want it, why are you doing it? Y'know what? Forget this. Poof! Application process frozen and not coming back. Now go away, kid. You bother me."

Comment

I'm thankful that it's Friday. Honestly, I don't think I could have handled this week if it were one day longer.

I'm thankful that I will be making chicken pot pie tomorrow. It's one of my favorite meals.

And I'm thankful that my folks will be down tomorrow, so they can eat it with me.

I'm thankful that I am one week closer to being done. Only two more to go, tops. (I just have to play the game a little while longer. I *will* win, damn it!

I'm thankful for insight.... I can see the similarities to my situation back in 2002. (Being obese, being depressed, and being in a craptacular job working for the world's most idiotic boss.) But I am thankful for the differences. Back then, I had no idea what was wrong with me. (PMDD wasn't even on my radar.) And I had no idea how to fix it. (In my case, it's caused by a vitamin D deficiency. Some women are not so fortunate to have such an easy solution to this life- & relationship-wrecking problem.) I was much younger then, and much less experienced. I was getting paid a LOT less than now. The boss now is actually worse than the boss then, but because the financial situation is better and the PMDD problems are (mostly) under control, it's easier to tolerate. (As evidenced by the fact that I've managed to stay employed here for the last 4 and a half years.) The whole time I've been at this job, I've wondered why I was being made to go through the same life lesson again. I wondered if it was so I could learn to deal/cope with it, or if it was to help me learn to tell off someone in a position of authority. It probably could have been either one, but the course I chose was to learn to cope/deal with it. (As enraged as I get at the utter stupidity of my boss and his decision-making, and his treatment of me, I still have a hard time telling off anyone who has the power to fire me.)

I'm thankful for sunshine. Cloudy weather really does do a number on my mood.

Comment

Today, I'm thankful that it's Thursday and that tomorrow is the last day of this work week.

I'm thankful that I was able to get two nights of (mostly) twitch-free sleep. (It really is a vicious cycle. Stress and fatigue keep me awake. This makes parts of me twitch back to wakefulness every time I start to fall asleep, which makes the twitch even MORE pronounced, whcih makes it even HARDER to get to sleep and fall asleep. And on and on it goes....)

I'm thankful that I haven't killed myself yet by drinking alcohol and then taking Benadryl. (Because the Benadryl makes me fall asleep no matter what, and the alcohol is a muscle relaxant that keeps my limbs from twitching and giving me unrestful sleep, which is almost as exhausting as no sleep.)

I'm thankful for my Raja and my Phoebe. They're wonderful companions, and I hope to have them around for a long, long time.

I'm thankful that the wait is ALMOST over, and that next Saturday, I'll be moving. Finally. (Or sooner, if my boss decides to fire me on the spot for only giving him a week's notice.)

I'm thankful that he withheld my first paycheck. At the time it was withheld, it was a real kick in the teeth because I desperately needed that money, but now, it will be nice to have that one last paycheck come this December.

I'm thankful that no water got into the basement from all this rain.

I'm thankful for the ground turkey I have in the freezer, because I think I'm going to make spaghetti tonight. Or possibly American Chop Suey, depending on what I actually have for a canned tomato product at home. (I can't remember off-hand.)

I'm thankful that my boss is very occupied today.

I'm thankful that he will be out of the office for most, if not all, of tomorrow.

I'm thankful that I renewed my FlexJobs subscription and that there seem to be some jobs there that I can apply for and have some hope of gaining new employment.

Comment

Today, I am thankful that I got a lot accomplished. I now have zillions of trinket boxes prepped and ready to get sketched on and painted and sold.

I'm thankful for Getty Images, because I found the perfect rose held between some guy's teeth. I used it to sketch the rose in the mouth of the wolf in my "Seducing Ms. Red" painting.

I'm thankful that I am free of the dork I used to work for.

I'm thankful that the twitching/jerking thing finally stopped. It really was just anxiety and fatigue induced.

I'm thankful for the turkey I'll be eating tomorrow, because roast turkey is my favorite meal of the whole year.

I'm thankful that my brother and sister-in-law and her parents will all be here to enjoy Thanksgiving with us tomorrow.

I'm thankful for the gifts and skills I have..... I'm gonna need them, if I'm ever going to get any income up here in the boonies.

I'm thankful for a new series to watch on Amazon Prime. "The Royals" seems pretty good. (Granted, I've only seen the first episode, so far.)

I'm thankful for my violin. I'm so glad I bought it and decided to learn to play. (I just wish I could devote more time to it.)

I'm thankful that I graduated from college before colleges decided to go INSANE with political correctness. (Really? A taco bar offends people? And yoga is a cultural misappropriation?)

I'm thankful that Gram taught me how to knit and crochet, because I love making things with yarn. (Currently working on a shawl and a bedspread.)

I'm thankful that my immediate family is still alive and well and able to keep me company. Life would be far more lonely than it already is, if they weren't there.

I'm thankful that I have room in this new bedroom to put up my tree this year. I haven't had my own tree (with my OWN ornaments) up in a few years.

I've got more thankfuls, but my attention span is not what it used to be. (Not that it was ever great....)

Comment

I guess today's a good day to post here, given that it's (Thankful) Thursday. I would have posted anyway, though, even if it hadn't been Thursday.

I'm thankful for this moment of down-time at work.

I'm thankful that I might be an aunt by the end of December.

I'm thankful for Riley, the new Jack Russell terrier puppy we got the weekend before last.

I'm thankful that Riley has stopped crying, whining, howling and thrashing in his crate half the night.

I'm thankful for my job.

I'm thankful for getting my security clearance, finally.

So I'm thankful that I will have a new job soon, with better hours, better money and lots of benefits, for which said security clearance was necessary.

I'm thankful for my violin. It gives me such joy to practice playing it.

I'm thankful for my Raja and my Phoebe. I couldn't ask for a better cat and bird.

I'm thankful that it's Thursday, and that the weekend is nearly here again.

I'm thankful that I can just stay home this weekend and not have to go to family gatherings.

I'm still thankful to have escaped my last job. My current job has been very healing for me. It's reminded me that not every boss out there is a domineering, narcissistic moron.

I'm thankful for a fairly good night's sleep last night.

I'm thankful that I didn't dream of zombies last night, like I did the night before last.

I'm thankful that MW is here again. I know it's still in the beginning stages of getting back to what it once was, but it's good that it's here, for something to do, for good people to interact with, and for being a place where I can just be myself while in the virtual presence of others.

Comment

Oh, and I'm thankful that I can view the site and make posts, right from my phone.

(A side note for mol and GEBS: mobile-readiness might be a good thing to concentrate on, to keep up with how people are going online.)

Comment

I like your reasons to be thankful! They sound just wonderful~ Lets see.....

I'm thankful my daughters surgery yesterday went real well and that the tumor seems to be benign...

I'm thankful my birdfeeders hubby has set up were done with the thought of my mobility problems so I CAN get to them to fill them without having to wait for when he has time to do so...(the birds thankful 2!) the increase of feathered friends have been amazing!

I'm thankful our house mortgage is almost paid off less than a year to go!

I'm thankful my sick elderly cat has recovered and is gaining her weight back.

I'm thankful me extended family are doing ok.

I'm thankful my pacemaker is giving me a few more years before time to replace.....(SOOO grateful!) not till 2018!

I'm thankful that MW is here with its broad amount of info one can dice in and learn sooo much from and can just enjoy visiting with like minded peeps even if it is virtual... and can be accessed not only by phones. Yes the majority of folks use cell phones most anymore but use dinosaur land line lubbers are still here....

and for so many many many other things as well... to innumerable to count.
                        [SIGPIC] Kim

Comment

I'm thankful for your thankfuls, too. A lot of nice, good news in there.

In my own thankfuls today, I am thankful that testing has indicated that my future niece or nephew does not have Down Syndrome and that everything seems fine after all.

I am thankful that the red I puked up this morning (a result of the first hangover I've had in almost a decade) was not blood. It was just red food coloring from the red and white peppermint candies I ate 10 minutes before I was sick.

I am thankful that it's the weekend.

I am thankful that I'll have the house to myself today.

I am thankful for cream cheese and tomato slices on a bagel. Yum!!

Comment

hmmm today Im thankful that my hubby is soo awesome... he made my breakfast (he does all the cooking since I cannot)

and thankful he doesn't mind going to do the shopping (and sweet enough to remember & call to ask when he is not sure which brand or flavor I want)

Thankful he has already done the laundry and sheets today and he says he will sweep and mop when he gets in,....

And thankful NO RAIN (yet) today... we have had enough for awhile....

And that daughter was able to go home yesterday afternoon! So it was able to be done by laparoscopic surgery.
                            (Tumor the size of a volley ball but 4 hours later out by just 4 small incisions) just amazing......

Today is a good day.......
                            [SIGPIC] Kim

Comment

It's been a while since I last posted on this thread, but I am thankful. I'm thankful when You use the names of people on their applications to remind me of You (particularly Wesir, Set and Aset). I'm grateful for my future nephew (even if he's already proving to be quite expensive). But tonight, I am grateful most of all for the interview I have this Friday. It's the department I want to be in, so here's hoping the interview goes well. Senebty!

Comment

Working...
                              X