Lost and disconnected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost and disconnected

I feel lost and disconnected. I can't find God anywhere. I don't know where to turn. I am a Christian, but lately I feel so disillusioned. I ask for prayers, and energy and your intentions.

Love.

"perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave." Rilke.

Connect with yourself before you try to connect with God. You need the equilibrium of a strong sense of self before you look outside yourself.
    The Sexy Heathen Babe

Comment

Originally posted by winter rose View Post
      I feel lost and disconnected. I can't find God anywhere. I don't know where to turn. I am a Christian, but lately I feel so disillusioned. I ask for prayers, and energy and your intentions.

Love.
      One thing i'd ask is who or what do you think God is?

I agree with Vigdisdotter in that one must know themselves first before they can look outward. For in knowing yourself you know what it is you seek and need from your religion and spirituality in my opinon. Yet one must also know who and what thier God / god or goddesses represents to them and what those persceptions mean and fullfil for them. Sounds strange I suppose but the Baptist God seem's far removed from the Catholic God at times with both further removed from the evangelical concept of God which is totaly different from say the Gnostic concept of God.

The difficult part is that just as we age and grow so to does our persception of who or what our gods / goddesses are and mean to us just as God elvolves for many Christians. Spirituality is never static though at times we all go through varying degree's of 'The Dark Night of the Soul' situations where we question all of it or feel suddenly alone upon our respective pathwalks. In some ways I suppose it is a test to see if we truly know ourselves and our spiritual needs and possess the ability to stand upon our own two feet.

Comment

You are not alone. This is a time when many people are experiencing similar feelings. Quiet your mind and listen. In your heart you know what to do and where to go to find what you seek. You must listen carefully but then you will find your way to connect with the universe again.

Blessings to you and yours,

Carl
        Author of

Incense Magick: Create Inspiring Aromatic Experiences for Your Craft (ISBN 978-0738719740)
        Incense: Crafting & Use of Magickal Scents (ISBN 0738703362)
        and
        The Magick Toolbox: The ultimate compendium for choosing & using ritual implements and magickal tools (ISBN 1578633249)

http://www.incensebooks.com

Comment

Working...
        X