Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Invocation by Jason Mankey - Raise the Horns / Patheos.com)

“Now listen to the words of the Great Mother, the Lady of Death, who was once called Diana, Hecate, Kali, Ariadne, Persephone and by many other names.”

High Priestess: “I am she who is feared, yet she who would bring comfort. I am the end of all things and the beginning of all else. I would give you peace, freedom, and reunion with those who have gone before you.

My gifts are rarely sought, yet freely I offer them. I am she who embraces every woman and every man. None shall escape my touch, but fear it not, for I hold the Cauldron of Life within my hands, the power of immortality for all those that would be reborn in your world.”

“I am feared, yet I am the balance in this world without end. Without me thou would not live again. I am the end of suffering, the release from all pain. I gather the spirits who have left your world and offer them a place in it once more. I am the mystery of the end, and the wonder of beginnings.”

“And you who seek to know Me, know that your seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without. For behold, I have been with you from the beginning, and I am that which is attained at the end of desire. Blessed Be.”
    Home is not a place, it's a feeling.

Comment

• Jenn - March 3, 2015
      My mother - June 3, 2015 to Pancreatic Cancer.
      My Father in Law - August 23, 2015
      Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

• When I was growing up, I would often go upstairs to the apartment above mine to visit my great grandmother. She and I used to while away the afternoon or weekend hours by watching cartoons and cooking shows and painting shows on TV. One of my favorite shows to watch was "The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross."

Well, lately, I've been watching some of the more recent seasons of The Joy of Painting on Amazon Prime, and also following his Fan Page on Facebook. Someone there posted a picture of Bob eating a slice of pizza behind the scenes of one of the filmings of the show, and he had this shy smile, with strings of cheese dangling from his mouth, where he'd just taken a bite of his slice of pizza.... he looked so vulnerable, and a bit diminished from how confident he looked in front of the canvas. It was right after I had just finished watching an episode where he was painting a brightly colored winter scene. He said he had always heard that people tend to paint the mood they're feeling, if they're not careful, and that he was waiting for the bright times to come back. Since that was one of the later seasons, my guess is that he was either referring to the death of his wife from cancer, or to his own struggle with cancer.

I know he wasn't related to me in any way, shape or form, but he has always been very dear to me, and sometimes I find myself shedding a tear because I'm sad that he was only 52 when he died. I wish he had lived a lot longer, because I miss him, and his paintings.

Here's some happy little clouds for you, Bob. I was thinking of you the whole time I was painting them:

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/m...-frampton.html

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/n...-frampton.html

Thank you for inspiring me.
        Last edited by Ahautenites; October 13th, 2015, 10:34 PM.
        ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Comment

Working...
        X