This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk To Us! (The Voiceprint Thread)

MysticWicks is made up of members from all over the world, and accordingly, its members speak in a huge variety of accents and languages. This thread is an opportunity for us to share our voices with each other!

Record a SHORT audio file of yourself, saying whatever you like (keep it clean!) and either attach it or post a link to it in this thread. Then we'll have a voice to put with the names!

Looking forward to hearing you!
    Ben Trismegistus
    Super-Cool Retired Admin Type

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to me. Click here.

Check out my former rock band, Wayward Sun!

Ben, you should probably sing something for yours. :D

Comment

There are a few singing members and musical types, so maybe there should be a separate thread for the various artsy member showoffs. This one is where we want to hear your speaking voices..you know so we can make fun of Mol the hick and Kaylara the Jersey girl and Toad the wet sprocket..uh wait, well you get the point! Come on step right up!

Comment

Any suggestions on where we can upload these sound clips? I've got mine all ready to post, but I cant attatch it and I dont know where to upload it so I can link to it.

Convallaria

Comment

Hmm. I'd gladly say "eh" for ya if I could get my mic working.

Comment

Guinea pig in waiting! Just put up where to post it, and I'll get one done! I bet I could even get Fairywolf to record one when she's here!
            Fairywolf, I truly adore you and love you and am sooooo happy you are mine! :hearthear

Fairywolf made this!

Comment

This is a neat idea! Can't wait...

Comment

Kewl :D I'm game if you can find a way :D

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted condition. There is no known cure & we are unable to determine how long you will have to live.
                LDMS

Comment

This is a good idea. I wonder what a lot of you sound like. Now I have to run and buy a decent microphone...

Comment

Xentor's answering machine

Mp3, 30KB.
                    Last edited by Xentor; February 3rd, 2008, 05:56 PM. Reason: File removed
                    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
                    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

*computer illiterate apparently*

I have a microphone on my peuter, but unsure if I have the software to 'record'. Unsure.....
                      Thanks to the 3 goddesses of graphics COS9, Faeawyn, & WynnJera AND the queen of blinkies - Nyoko (Sapphy)!!
                      Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
                      ----- Norman Cousins
                      Have A Spooky Halloween!!!!!
                      Willow is feeling quite

Comment

Originally posted by Xentor
                        Is that REALLY you?? You don't sound anything like I thought you would--in any event, you have a nice voice..

Comment

Originally posted by Xentor
                          Great voice - very professional
                          Thanks to the 3 goddesses of graphics COS9, Faeawyn, & WynnJera AND the queen of blinkies - Nyoko (Sapphy)!!
                          Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
                          ----- Norman Cousins
                          Have A Spooky Halloween!!!!!
                          Willow is feeling quite

Comment

Xentor...you sound so...aristocratic!

many thanks to Cloakofstars9 for the beautiful banner

I heed not that my earthly lot, hath little of earth in it;
                            That years of love have been forgot, in the hatred of a minute.
                            I mourn not that the desolate, are happier, sweet, than I;
                            But that you sorrow for my fate...whom am a passer-by.
                            E.A.Poe.

cats steal my braincells while I sleep

Comment

Xentor, your accent is very British-sounding to my ears - something I didn't expect at all!

Although it's not very good quality, I think we may have everything here that's needed to do this, if someone wouldn't mind posting a tutorial of how.

(Since I think recordings of my voice sound like Minnie Mouse, I'm afraid you will all probably think I sound ridiculous!)

Comment

Working...
                              X