Drawing a pentacle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing a pentacle

Does anyone know an easy way of drawing a pentacle? Mine always comes out uneven! I'm trying to do a template for a stain glass suncatcher.
    Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Couldn't you amke a template of some sort out of cardstock or cardboard?
    I have found one I liked online somewhere, printed it out onto cardstock and then used an exacto knife to get rid of all the stuff that I don't need(in between triangle parts) and then I laid it down onto the disc I was going to paint. Stenciled it out first in pencil and then painted properly when I was satisfied with the pentacle.

Hope that makes sense.

Would that work for what you are doing with the suncatcher?
    just a little white duck
    swimmin in the water.......
    just a little white duck
    doing what she oughtta.......

Comment

mine allways come out crooked to.
      i read the points should be 33.3 degree apart i will try it when veronica finds the compass.
      blessings :bubbles: seawitch

Comment

Ack! Math!

I think I'll try Reanna's way. I'll remember that 33.3 degrees in case it ever comes up in Jeopardy.

Comment

try a drawing program on

the computer, then print it for the pattern.

Otherwise, break out the ruler and the compass and start
          cracking. sorry.
          ~Sweet Merciful Crap!~
          Freyja is my Valentine, sweeter than the sweetest wine.
          my adopted smilies

It is not that which is on the outside, but that witch is on the inside!
          T.L.F. Trey Liberation Front!
          flar7 "The Wrong One"

Comment

Draw an horizontal line of desired length

From one end of that line, draw another line (same length) with the angle 72 degrees.

Repeat
            Nothing is too preposterous to be said by a philosopher (Falstaff Fakir 1886)

Comment

Oskila, you're such a Boy Scout! :D Thanks! I will try that too. Didn't find a pentacle I could use on the internet.

Comment

oops, I've messed things up here...

72 degrees is the angle of a corner in a pentagon. The angle between the points in a pentagram is 36 degrees. (I think)

so much for being helpful
                Nothing is too preposterous to be said by a philosopher (Falstaff Fakir 1886)

Comment

Heh! I thought I was such a doh-brain! I finally figured it out...you should see these 'stars'! Now I can make these pentacles any size I want! Thanks again. :D

Comment

The easy way is as follows.
                    Draw a circle of the desired size. Using a protractor, divide the circle into five sectors of 72 degrees each, marking each sector at the edge of the circle. Now simply connect the five marks in the proper order. Instant pentacle. Erase the circle and you have a pentagram.
                    Blessings
                    Bluebear
                    Last edited by bluebear; January 12th, 2002, 05:44 PM.

Comment

The 72 degree thing works perfectly! I've made my templates & have cut out my glass! Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
                      X