Where you an artsy little tyke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where you an artsy little tyke?

I was. I have drawn pictures ever since I can remember.
    And it didnt have to be paper either! I could draw on mom's
    bathroom walls! I mean, I was just sittin there, might as well
    draw! LOL
    ~Sweet Merciful Crap!~
    Freyja is my Valentine, sweeter than the sweetest wine.
    my adopted smilies

It is not that which is on the outside, but that witch is on the inside!
    T.L.F. Trey Liberation Front!
    flar7 "The Wrong One"

I couldn't draw anything as a tyke & still can't. But I could make just about anything or do anything 3-d, though.
    Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

I drew stuff all the time. I'd even bring stuffed animals with me to school, so I would have something to draw. Never drew on the walls though. Well, ok, I DID, but only with those eraseable crayon thingies crayola sold. I did a mini mural and my mom freaked out! Drawing was pretty banned from my house from then on. :D
      "Don’t lose the dreams inside your head. They’ll only be there til you’re dead. Dream."-You Never Know, DMB
      My Avatar, copyright me, 2002. Pandas attack without warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildchild
        I couldn't draw anything as a tyke & still can't. But I could make just about anything or do anything 3-d, though.
        Same here! I can't even draw a stick figure!! Actually the only drawing I can do is pencil scetch...but only a copy of something else and even then it's not that great! But I try! Oh yeah and I can also color in the lines...does that count??!! :D
        Last edited by Laiste; January 15th, 2002, 02:38 PM.
        Support Our Troops!!

Laiste

Comment

ooohhhh, I think I'm the only person that failed art in freshman year!!! I'm not kidding - I couldn't do it and would break a sweat everytime we had a project.

Now food is my art, if you can consider it art.

Comment

I never could draw well until I read a book called "Drawing from the right side of the brain" (from books-a-million). I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn to draw.You will be amazed at what you can do.
            Blessings
            Bluebear

Comment

I've heard about that book. About two (wow...two), years ago, in beginning drawing, I had an instructor who used that book with the first semester students. I was in my second semester, so, I never did any of the exercises, but from what I saw, it's a pretty incredible book. Most of the people in my beginning drawing class weren't art majors, they were just taking drawing as an elective. Some people came in unable to draw stick figures and came out capable of doing so really lovely pieces. It was really neat to watch them improve!
              "Don’t lose the dreams inside your head. They’ll only be there til you’re dead. Dream."-You Never Know, DMB
              My Avatar, copyright me, 2002. Pandas attack without warning.

Comment

Well, I definitely can't draw well. However, I was a pretty "artsy-crafty" type kid. I always wanted to help my mom out with her projects. She has X-mas tree ornaments from that time and YOU KNOW the ones I "helped" with. I did all kinds of stuff when I was a kid. I LOVED to color, in my books, the walls, my mom showed me if you take your crayon and make all kinds of squiggly lines and then color the spaces different. I did that for years. She also enrolled me in an art class on weekends. We painted ceramic stuff, made beaded bracelts, things of that nature (this was the late 70's). I LOVED that class. She still has the cats I made back then on her stove. My grandma taught me this weaving thing when I was about 7, but they don't sell the sticks anymore.

I actually liked art class when I was in high school, though I have no talent whatsoever. My brother's do though. They are great artists, especially my older brother. I once painted the cover to Pink Floyd's "dark side of the moon" album on the back of my jean jacket. I think THAT was my best work EVER. Of course, then my older brother painted the back of my kid brother's jacket, with one of the Metallica logos, the skull with the knife through it, he loved that jacket.

My son doesn't like anything "arty", he's a jock. I can't even get him to color. But that's just the way he is. Eshallet is a wonderful artist too. He mainly paints minatures and they are incredible.

My best work is in writing. That's how I express myself.
                It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

Yes, I have been drawing as long as I can remember.
                  Dealing with the shadows life gave me,
                  I realize I had become shade dealer.

Comment

I've been drawing as long as I can remember, & I still do.
                    A couple of years ago, I was asked not to decorate the logbook at work (it was the editorial content management objected to).
                    When I was a teenager, my dad painted my basement bedroom w/ the ugliest shade of aqua imaginable. I bought boxes of chalk & covered as much of the walls as I could. I wet the chalk, because it made the colors brighter & added some texture. It also dried like concrete, & years later you can still see my designs through several layers of paint.
                    I still draw. My dining room walls are covered w/ pencil sketches of the mural I'm thinking of painting. (It's o.k.-I own the place.) Hand me a pen & some paper, & I'll either draw something or write a story.

Living well is the best revenge.
                    Living well is the best revenge.:mmm:

Comment

Working...
                    X