Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever taken a Materials Design Class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever taken a Materials Design Class?

If so, what was yours about? Ours is mostly 3D items, assemblages. Some 2D works with paper and tearing paper.
    Just curious...
    ~Sweet Merciful Crap!~
    Freyja is my Valentine, sweeter than the sweetest wine.
    my adopted smilies

It is not that which is on the outside, but that witch is on the inside!
    T.L.F. Trey Liberation Front!
    flar7 "The Wrong One"

No, but it sounds like a wonderful course! I'm looking into finding a jewelry making course around here.
    Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

No…sadly I have never been able to take any art classes pass jr high school.

Most of what I am able to do is self-taught or pass down the family line.
      Dealing with the shadows life gave me,
      I realize I had become shade dealer.

Comment

I took industrial arts in junior high. It involved doing some design work for furniture and a house plan that we had to make a model of. We also did silk screen, sign press and photography which did involve developing your own film. In high school I took any fine art class that was available. They covered mostly light and shadow, colour relationships, and trying our hand at different mediums. In colledge I also took a basic design course that included the history of design as well as practical work. Sadley where I live there really isn't alot of work available in fine arts so I find myself teaching the odd watercolour class to supliment my income in the summer.

This summer however I won't have the time as I will be starting the accelerated nursing program. I know it is a far cry from art to most but I also have a keen interest in the art of medicine and there are alot more jobs in the feild. Wish me luck!:D
        In this moment, this one glorious instant in time I know beyond all reasoning....

Hope has returned

Comment

heheh

well, we're making paper. And although fun, cool, and very
          versatile in that you can make all sorts of stuff, I find it
          exceedingly funny that you have to shred and soak paper into
          pulp just to make.......paper?
          ~Sweet Merciful Crap!~
          Freyja is my Valentine, sweeter than the sweetest wine.
          my adopted smilies

It is not that which is on the outside, but that witch is on the inside!
          T.L.F. Trey Liberation Front!
          flar7 "The Wrong One"

Comment

Flar! You make paper too! Me too! I was lucky enough to study Japanese paper making with a master one summer!
            Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

I took Gr. 9 art when I was actually attending HS...
              We mostly did collages in that class though (I think my teacher had a thing for them or something.. every other project we had to do was one.. Ugh!) Other than that, I've done pottery.... Uhm... I did a drawing one waaay back when. A day-long pastels and a day-long water colour course (but those were way back when too.. hehe)
              Next month I'll be doing a soapmaking one :boing: and hopefully later on, I can do another painting one.... (I want to paint a mural on my bedroom wall.. ::bigredgri)

Comment

Working...
              X