Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever taken a Materials Design Class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I took Gr. 9 art when I was actually attending HS...
    We mostly did collages in that class though (I think my teacher had a thing for them or something.. every other project we had to do was one.. Ugh!) Other than that, I've done pottery.... Uhm... I did a drawing one waaay back when. A day-long pastels and a day-long water colour course (but those were way back when too.. hehe)
    Next month I'll be doing a soapmaking one :boing: and hopefully later on, I can do another painting one.... (I want to paint a mural on my bedroom wall.. ::bigredgri)

Leave a comment:

• Lavender
    replied
    Flar! You make paper too! Me too! I was lucky enough to study Japanese paper making with a master one summer!

Leave a comment:

• flar7
    replied
    heheh

well, we're making paper. And although fun, cool, and very
    versatile in that you can make all sorts of stuff, I find it
    exceedingly funny that you have to shred and soak paper into
    pulp just to make.......paper?

Leave a comment:

• Drisel
    replied
    I took industrial arts in junior high. It involved doing some design work for furniture and a house plan that we had to make a model of. We also did silk screen, sign press and photography which did involve developing your own film. In high school I took any fine art class that was available. They covered mostly light and shadow, colour relationships, and trying our hand at different mediums. In colledge I also took a basic design course that included the history of design as well as practical work. Sadley where I live there really isn't alot of work available in fine arts so I find myself teaching the odd watercolour class to supliment my income in the summer.

This summer however I won't have the time as I will be starting the accelerated nursing program. I know it is a far cry from art to most but I also have a keen interest in the art of medicine and there are alot more jobs in the feild. Wish me luck!:D

Leave a comment:

• shadedealer
    replied
    No…sadly I have never been able to take any art classes pass jr high school.

Most of what I am able to do is self-taught or pass down the family line.

Leave a comment:

• Lavender
    replied
    No, but it sounds like a wonderful course! I'm looking into finding a jewelry making course around here.

Leave a comment:

• flar7
    started a topic Have you ever taken a Materials Design Class?

Have you ever taken a Materials Design Class?

If so, what was yours about? Ours is mostly 3D items, assemblages. Some 2D works with paper and tearing paper.
    Just curious...
Working...
X