Collage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collage

Anyone ever do a collage? The dictionary defines collage as "an artistic composition of materials and objects pasted over a surface, often with unifying lines and color." Opens the door for a lot of creativity doesn't it? It can be as easy as giving you child a glue stick, a piece of paper, a pair of rounded scissors, and a magazine......or an adult making an altar cloth with fabric glue and scraps of cloth and found objects such as feathers, leaves, or dried flowers. Does any one have any examples they could post or maybe share some ideas on the subject?

Thank You, CloakofStars9 and WynnJera for the beautiful banners!

Get off your butt....Rescue a mutt!!
    It's time to scat...Save a cat!!
    Visit Your Local Pound or Rescue!

I went through a neat tutorial for Paint shop Pro on making a nice "collage frame" out of shapes....

here is the link it was fun to do:D

http://www.geocities.com/paint_shop_...ethelines.html

sherry says its ok to put a link to her tutorial in her "terms of use page"
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for
    Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

Comment

Nice link! Thanks.

Comment

*nods and smiles*

I've been doing collages with magazine clippings for a while now....branching out into old book pages and bumperstickers as well as photographs.

It started when I made one for a coffee table top...never did finish the coffee table, but the collage turned out so nice that I hung it up on the wall.

I've got plans to do several small ones (8x10 frame size) as gifts for people. My mom loves giraffes so that's the first one.
        Oh Noz Oppression!
        Because life is so much more exciting when you're being persecuted.

Easy English Grammar Lesson:

Your - the possessive form of you

You're - a contraction of "you are"

Comment

I can see the giraffe one already....shapes, patterns,shades.........oooh!

Comment

In my art 9 class we were always doing collages... I hated them so much I didn't bother to keep them (most of them were just done with construction paper anyway, so they *really* sucked).

I could probably do a few nicer ones with my own *other* art. :D Or magazine clippings.

Comment

I love doing collages We used to always do them in school...

hmmm..... I haven't done one is while, maybe I'll start one tonight
              -jeleia

Comment

I absolutely love collages, yet I am so far from ever doing a true collage. To me groing up a collage was a bunch of pictures that you cut from a magazine and put back together in your own twist on paper. My fave one I ever did was one that had hundreds of eyes pasted in columns, with one picture of a man and woman cut into 4 strips, the eyes in between and in the center it said read between the lines. Kinda cheesy, but cheese is good for you!
                Sarah
                LoveMotherEarth
                ~for every action, there is an equal and opposite re-action~Newton
                ~*Understanding is a kind of ecstacy*~ Carl Sagan

Comment

I've always loved doing collages, started when I was young with the magazine pictures and words, then went on to do quite a few with photographs. That has it's down side to it however, since now the photos are all in permanent collage arrangements and can't be copied or passed on seperately to people. I did one for my Mom years ago with all kinds of photos of us girls when we were growing up... when she passed away, there was a rather huge argument about what to do with the collage and one of my sisters wanted me to attempt to take it apart and give her the pictures of her!!!

Now that I have a scanner, a printer, and a few good photoshop and home publishes programs, I have been able to make great collages and save the original prints.

I made a doll house for a friend that ended up being somewhat of a collage of all her favorite places and memories..... I was flattered when she cried and said it was like looking at a 3D collage of her life!!!
                  Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights. But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge Kahlil Gibran

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

I'm thinking of doing a collage of my kids........I think I've got 2 of every picture taken of them, and with my digital camera, I can also do current ones.......must go think about this.......

Comment

Collages are cool
                      11 Year Member
                      Forum Guide for
                      Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

Comment

Oh collages are sooo much fun to do. I have students do collages in my class. Not only does it teach them aritistic expression, but collages also help students with languages. Many people are cannot express themselves with words; however, they are great at expressing their thougths through pictures. I totally recommend that you do/make collages with your kids, Old Witch. If your children are young (k-2rd grade), you can even emphasize what letter of the alphabet the pictures begin. If they are not that young, your children will probably love that you make collages for them.

Is this a collage? I just had students write a poem on a Greek god or goddess. After writing the poem, they went through old magazines and cut out letters from the magazines to write their poems. They turned out quite neat.

Comment

Yes, I would definately call that a collage........I remember a collage at a college art show that had a coffee cup, saucer, and spoon on it!

Comment

Working...
                          X