Scrunchies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrunchies

As I've posted, I've been making tons of skirts lately. When I finish with them, I have scraps of material always about a certain size. I decided that it would be cool to make matching scrunchies to go with my skirts. Problem was I couldn't find a pattern. Sure I could have experimented but I don't want to waste any of the fabric and I don't have any spare to play with right now (need ever bit).

It took me tons of searching, but I finally found a couple:

http://ne.essortment.com/scrunchieshowt_rwnn.htm

http://www.sewnews.com/library/weekly/aa061601a.htm

Thought I would share in case anyone else is interested. Perhaps save you all the searching I did.

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

I made 4 last month before I forcibly stopped myself!
    May peace come to all the world.

There is a Gospel According to Parrotheads!

Matthew 7:6 reads:

Nethir caste ye youre margaritis bifor swyne.

I swear! It's the 1380 Wyclif translation.

Comment

:D thanks for the links, Mithrea!

Comment

Thanks!!

Thank You, CloakofStars9 and WynnJera for the beautiful banners!

Get off your butt....Rescue a mutt!!
        It's time to scat...Save a cat!!
        Visit Your Local Pound or Rescue!

Comment

I'm not sewing inclined, so I don't really try to make anything...i might have to try it...wait, maybe i should wait until my hair grows a little bit...dang it....i'm a jackass... :D :D :D :D :D

I love you oh, so well / Like a kid loves candy and fresh snow
          -Oh
          Dave Matthews Band

Comment

[smacks self in head]

Those are sewing patterns? Serves me right for not opening the links. I meant that I found a knitted scrunchie pattern that was super-easy and adaptable and went bonkers.
            May peace come to all the world.

There is a Gospel According to Parrotheads!

Matthew 7:6 reads:

Nethir caste ye youre margaritis bifor swyne.

I swear! It's the 1380 Wyclif translation.

Comment

I didn't know that there were sewing patterns for scrunchies. My grandmother used to make me loads when I was a kid. Sadly, the elastic that she used didn't seem to last long.

Comment

I think I was wearing a matching scrunchie with my home-made dresses up until I removed all my hair in middle school... it's scary, my mom used to have boxes upon boxes of those things. Now I know how she made them!
                Sora Little Green Heretic at Large.
                Pray: To ask the laws of the universe
                to be annulled on behalf of a single
                petitioner confessedly unworthy.

... You've been hit by the
                Sora Stick ...

Comment

What I've done in the past is make the tubes (long strands of fabric), and then cut them off and inserted the elastic as I need them. Then I was at a warehouse one day and they had 6 scrunchies for a $1.00 one day so I picked up pretty much the whole crate. They were velvet so I couldn't resist. Hehe so now I have scrunchies to last me forever!

Michelle

"When you want it the most there's no easy way out..." - Celine Dion
                  ----
                  !!GO CANUCKS GO!!
                  ----
                  FYI - my avatar pic is of a Ringette player. check out http://ringettepenticton.tripod.com

Comment

Working...
                  X