Braiding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braiding?

My hair is finally long enough that I can do some braids (although nothing too elaborate, it's not that long). I was looking around on the internet for something unique or directions to some braids I've never tried, or even some help on how to braid easier on my own head. I have no problems braiding others but my own is sort of hard The problem is that I can't find anything. Does anyone have and books or websites they can recommend on braiding hair?

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Just saw a braiding machine in Wal- marts........I thought those things were something made up for a commercial.........

Thank You, CloakofStars9 and WynnJera for the beautiful banners!

Get off your butt....Rescue a mutt!!
    It's time to scat...Save a cat!!
    Visit Your Local Pound or Rescue!

Comment

Oh what a difference a day makes!

http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/Braiding_Tips.htm

That's what I was looking for! :D

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Comment

I wish I could do that...........

Thank You, CloakofStars9 and WynnJera for the beautiful banners!

Get off your butt....Rescue a mutt!!
        It's time to scat...Save a cat!!
        Visit Your Local Pound or Rescue!

Comment

Lovely site me and a friend of mine have been looking for something like that for awhile.
          Dragon Dawn
          I'm teaching your kids. Be afraid, Be very afraid.

Comment

That't the ticket!

Originally posted by Mithrea
            Oh what a difference a day makes!

http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/Braiding_Tips.htm

That's what I was looking for! :D
            WOW what a site. I've seen some of those braids done and with my long hair, I want something different to do with it.
            Up from the ashes
            The Goddess rises again
            Softly the sprirt comes
            And the phoenix is born
            Upon firey wings she flies
            In the cycle of birth and death

Comment

Aw. It makes me wish I had long hair. Either that, or some victems to exparament on...
              Sora Little Green Heretic at Large.
              Pray: To ask the laws of the universe
              to be annulled on behalf of a single
              petitioner confessedly unworthy.

... You've been hit by the
              Sora Stick ...

Comment

OH MAN WHERE WAS THIS SITE WHEN I GRADUATED!...My dress was a medieval style....

"When you want it the most there's no easy way out..." - Celine Dion
                ----
                !!GO CANUCKS GO!!
                ----
                FYI - my avatar pic is of a Ringette player. check out http://ringettepenticton.tripod.com

Comment

I can only do the dutch braid on myself, not the french... for some reason its way easier...
                  but reverse on others, the french braid is easier on a friend...

just something to think about...
                  Hail to the Shnenz... the goddess of the Red Headz, Princess of Perfect Grammar and the SWAT team!

When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize Stitch is my energy.

Visit The Eternal Fyre BB!

Comment

Working...
                  X