Lemonwood staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemonwood staff

Hello!I have stumbled upon a rare jewel,a 25 year old lemon tree,that never bore fruit in his life,and my mother shouted at him/it with negative anger,and the lemon tree died,but I cleaned the little branches and got a nice lemonwood trunk.The problem is ,(I'm not sure,I'm just guessing) that the wood had incorporated my mom's negative emotions when she yelled at it,and also something unusual happens when I crafted it into a staff stick(only without the crystal).It was sunny outside,and when i raised it to the sky suddently it started thunder and rain,and in 1 minute got me wet to the skin.Also it's not perfectly straight,the stick is kind of curved.But I would still love to make a good,working staff out of it.Can someone help me?I researched the internet and found little about the magical properties of old lemonwood.i could not find what crystals would be in harmony with lemonwood?i currently have stone crystal,obisdian,amethyste,citrine and moonstone at my disposal.
    WHERE THERE IS WILL,THERE IS A WAY...

I would think a cleansing ritual would be in order to free any negativity that your Mother may have left on the wood. As to what crystal to use I have no good answer other than what would the purpose of the staff be? Choose a crystal appropriate to how you intend on using the staff.
    You get what you give, and it comes back three fold!

Comment

With fruit trees, the wood shares the same properties as the fruit and its essences. Thus any of the properties of lemon would apply to the lemon wood since it never shared those properties by bearing fruit.

In addition, it seems that the tree, has retained a strong elemental tie with the earth it grew in. As to whether the effects you described are a permanent property of the wood, or just the wood's way of screaming "AT LAST!!!!" because it was finally made happy by human contact is something you will have to experiment with.

As this staff seems to crave the attention, let it tell you what stones it would like. Either you will find stones around that you never noticed before, or you will start seeing the dressed staff in your mind and know which stones to purchase.

Do not let its history hold you back but I would wait before cleansing the staff. Taking away its memory of what its life was like might make it respond to you less. Make friends with whatever still resides in it and show it a bit of kindness and you should get a far stronger staff in the long run.
      Brought to you by the
      National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
      Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
      Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
      You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
      It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
      I am aware of how nasty I come across.
      If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
      I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

Comment

Photo

Thank you for your suggestions.But there's one thing,the stick is curved,as you see in the picture,and it makes me feel pity in my soul to cut it to be straight,and it would not be possible without making it too short to be a staff.I have kept another medium size,gentle branch,I think it would make a nice wand..if wands can be true...I'm really in doubt here...don't know something planted in me that wands are for kids in silly play....But I wish from all my heart that real magic will reveal to me and maybe it would reside in some of my things...Anyway,I treated the wood nice,and projected my optimistic energy at it,remembering how glad and happy I was when the idea of a staff occured to me,when i found it,because my ugly step father wanted to throw it in a fire.So I "told" it this,projecting my energy.I don't think I want to erase it's history,because if I fdon't ,it would appear I am the saviour,and I'll make it into something noble.It's only raw now,but I decided for a lapis-lazuli crystal.

Comment

Even if wands are only for "silly play" (a concept I find highly silly in and of itself) what is wrong with that? Also, why cut it to be straight? If you insist on straightening it, then instead of cutting it straight, shape it straight with some steam. Here is a good article on the ancient technique of steam bending. http://www.primitiveways.com/bending.html

Hope this helps.
          Brought to you by the
          National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
          Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
          Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
          You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
          It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
          I am aware of how nasty I come across.
          If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
          I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

Comment

I make a lot of wands and staffs and I'm with Terra Mater on this one - your staff doesn't need to be perfectly straight. The curves nature gave the piece of lemonwood are lovely and not too curved to be useless as a staff or walking stick. I never straighten any of the wood I use, I leave nature's curves intact.

To cleanse the lemonwood of your mother's anger you can smudge it with a purifying incense like sage, cedar, sandalwood, frankincense or myrrh and use a feather to bring the smoke to the wood and brush the length of the staff with the feather - speaking your cleansing intentions out loud.

For me personally, I would say a citrine stone would be a nice compliment to the lemon wood. To inset a stone drill a hole where you want the stone to be and use a really really good glue that works on both wood and glass.

Blessings and happy crafting!

Comment

Lemontree that never bore fruit = unfullfilled potential = power
              curved staff = natural wood shape of tree= acceptance of tree as self = power
              positive acceptance and usefulness after neglect and anger = power/potential realized
              A person reveals his character by nothing so clearly as the joke he resents.
              -Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Comment

Oh,well I had a hunch

Originally posted by sleepycat View Post
                Lemontree that never bore fruit = unfullfilled potential = power
                curved staff = natural wood shape of tree= acceptance of tree as self = power
                positive acceptance and usefulness after neglect and anger = power/potential realized
                Thank you all for your advice!And thank you sleepycat for confirming what I felt,I mean I had a hunch that if the tree never bore fruit that it would be fruitfull in power,maybe bear magical fruit.That is what has drawn me to it in the first place.And maybe a feeling of affinity.I have a citrine heart shaped stone.I know citrine in general is good for prosperity.if I put a citrine stone,would not make it good only for wealth/money ceremonies?

Comment

Citrine is a healing stone as well. Maybe Ametrine? (Amythist and Citrine mixed)
                  A person reveals his character by nothing so clearly as the joke he resents.
                  -Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Comment

Working...
                  X