Waterproofing decoupage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterproofing decoupage?

My daughter wants to decoupage dried, pressed flowers on to vases. She did a prototype that turned out quite nice but we are concerned about how well it will hold up in use and cleaning. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
    (\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
    Green Room Forum Guide
    The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Mod podge is pretty good for waterproofing but maybe she could try an acrylic medium, like Liquitex Acrylic Mediums. Before you use anything, test it first.
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Comment

I would suggest using Mod-Podge for the initial coating, followed by several coats of polyurethane varnish -- High gloss is 'more' waterproof and durable than satin finish, though.
      There ain't no such thing as 'one true way', and the way you find is only good for you, not anybody else, because your interpretation of what you see and feel and understand as the truth is never going to be the same as anyone else's.

Proud Poppa of Clan Earthy

Comment

Thanks, I know Mod-Podge has been around since the 70's or so but I wasn't sure if anything better came along and I didn't know how waterproof it was.
        We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
        (\_/) (\_/)
        (O.o) ( _ )
        (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
        Green Room Forum Guide
        The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

Comment

Working...