Crafting rants!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafting rants!

I searched to see if there was one and didn't find one, so I thought it would be nice to have a place to vent about crafting mishaps, frustrations and whatnot. Let the ranting begin!
    Make awkward sexual advances, not war.

AAARGH!!! It is so freaking annoying to sew on a flimsy card table! I have to slow down or the table starts bouncing around, my machine starts migrating and I can barely see what I'm doing! I could get more done if I didn't have to deal with this, not to mention that I would probably want to sew more if this weren't an issue!

Heh, that felt good!:bigredgri

Comment

Why can't I train myself to not knit so tightly. I don't know what else to do.

When all else fails, run around screaming and waving your arms in the air.
      That's Miss to you!

On this dark and gloomy night
      I had quite a fright,
      While waking in the mist
      I received a ghostly kiss

I got my from Nannymouse and from Astara Seague

Comment

Why must every, single, person who brags about how awesome something they did was follow that with "But I won't tell you how I did it because then I won't be able to make and sell as many of them"
        I just want to make a dang personal BOS that looks a little bit nicer!
        sigpic

Comment

Craft Fail therapy:
          http://craftfail.com/

We all need a little now and then.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

Comment

Why oh why is this weapon case giving me soooo much trouble?! This is what? Day 3 now and I haven't even started the embroidery? Ack!

Comment

I hate hate hate that I have nowhere good to work in this house.
              The possibilities are endless.

Comment

Oh! this is great!

I HATE HATE HATE.. that the ideas in my head.. NEVER measure up to what it comes out too.. and only about 50% of my ideas actually work .. *sigh*
                I am... Witchy Woman Incognito
                “Although only breath, words which I command are immortal.” - Sappho

Comment

I am DAMN frustrated that this town doesn't have a decent craft store! I need to make a 1-hour trip just to get materials, or buy online and wait for days!
                  sigpic
                  My artwork is for sale!! Visit http://etsy.me/dIFblg. Support a starving artist!!!! (Please... I'm hungry!) [email protected]

Thanks to Faeawyn for my banner.

Comment

/scream!!! i cant find one decent scrapbook store that carries my refill for my adhesive cartridge damnit! really? grrr the economy has taken down 6 of 9 scrapbook stores around here and the only thing the 3 remaining ones have left are general crap i can get at target... i dont like target! *** annoyed
                    Divine Sanctum : a place of acceptance and tolerance without judgement...

Comment

Craft stores that assume men can't sew. I had my cart taken away once because the associate asked the nearest woman if it was hers. It didn't occur to her that it might be mine, since of course any man in the craft department must only be there to carry his wife's purchases. Similarly, try to find a purple for a SCA garb that doesn't look like it belongs to "my little pony".

Comment

Why is it I can never have enough of the paint color it turns out I need because my muse takes it in another direction??

Also why is it that the ONE time I'm REALLY hopeless tangled in supplies and mess the phone rings non stop????

Comment

I personally wonder why everything I make requires something from me.. flesh blood etc *LOL* so far every piece I've created has drawn blood.. in one case (A staff) I gave my self a lovely third degree burn with a woodburning iron adding a anti gossip sigil no less *LOL*
                          sigpicIndigo Rising:Benevolent Spiritual Warrior,Seeker of knowledge,Guardian to those in need

Comment

Why is it that when I want to make something decourative that looks so pretty on the box, it turns out to be entirely plain? It doesn't come with the same amount of pieces or it has another colour or size. The instructions are often really vague. Then it doesn't quite work, as it falls apart, the glue is far too runny, the bits fall off, nothing sticks, it looks awful. It just turned out messy and yet I was so careful. This comes from personal experience when trying to make a princess tiara for my daughter.
                            :boing:The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.:boing:

Comment

Originally posted by Daecon View Post
                              Craft stores that assume men can't sew. I had my cart taken away once because the associate asked the nearest woman if it was hers. It didn't occur to her that it might be mine, since of course any man in the craft department must only be there to carry his wife's purchases. Similarly, try to find a purple for a SCA garb that doesn't look like it belongs to "my little pony".
                              That is pretty rude of them to assume I know a lot of guys who can sew and are really good at it and even put my work to shame .

My thought today is why is when I plan to do a project no matter how well planned everything things go missing so I spend more time looking for missing item then working on the project. Also hate it when my seam lines in a hem are crooked.
                              SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X