Polymer Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polymer Dragon

Ok I want people's opinions on this little guy. I made him a while ago for my BF, and he keeps telling me I should make a whole bunch and sell them, but I don't think they're that good.

In my opinion this is the best of the three that I've made so far. He's made entirely of clay (no inner foil and wire form), and he's maybe 2 inches long. He's also got more detailed skin than the others. We keep him in our display case, and we keep little pieces of quartz around him.
    ¤ Non omnia possumus omnes ¤

I think he's very cute! I am willing to bet if you made a few up and put them up for sale where there are dragon enthusiasts, they will most likely be snapped up in a hurry.:D

Keely
    Q: How do you make the Gods laugh?
    A: By telling Them your plans!

WWGD—What Would Govannon Do? Heat it up and pound it out! :bigredgri

Comment

He's very good! You can always post the pic in the Marketplace Forum. Make them as the orders come in.

edited to ask...is he covered in sparkles?
      Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

Nope. It's just the form of clay that I used. I bought a kit of 10 colours not long ago that had 10 pearlized shimmery clays in it. It was easier than waiting for the cashier to ring through 10 separate blocks. The wings and belly are made from matte translucent clay.

Comment

He's a cutie!!!

Thank You, CloakofStars9 and WynnJera for the beautiful banners!

Get off your butt....Rescue a mutt!!
          It's time to scat...Save a cat!!
          Visit Your Local Pound or Rescue!

Comment

Oh I love him!!!!!!! He's definatly something I would buy!!!!!!
            Rubi :bigredgri
            I live in my own world..fortunately you all know me here.
            (((Hugs))) & to all

Comment

As an avid Dragon collector, he is ADORABLE!!!!!
              I would definately buy one....can you make a sleeping dragon to perch up on my computer screen?
              VERY good work!!!

Comment

You know that's a funny question, so I think I'll post this one too. I made this one for my BF for his birthday a couple of years ago. His name is "Quest," and he's a monitor god.

He's not quite as detailed as the sleeping one, because he was the first one I made. But his eyes are glass beads (small ones), which I thought looked neat. His wings are held up with a bent paperclip, but nonetheless he's incredibly fragile (he's already had his horns broken off and reattached, and has lost his head once). Of course, they're all very fragile, which makes me leery about selling them.

Comment

I love them both! I would buy one if you made one in green. I've seen clay like that, but it's called Sculpey. I've made little dogs when I was younger (about 11 years ago) and my brother and I would play with them.

Maybe I'll dig out hubby's Sculpey and make some faeries.
                  "The whole idea of compassion is based on a keen awareness of the interdependence of all these living beings, which are all part of one another, and all involved in one another."

"A life is either all spiritual or not spiritual at all. No man can serve two masters. Your life is shaped by the end you live for. You are made in the image of what you desire."

Thomas Merton, Trappist Monk

Comment

Originally posted by Loki Panwit
                    I love them both! I would buy one if you made one in green. I've seen clay like that, but it's called Sculpey. I've made little dogs when I was younger (about 11 years ago) and my brother and I would play with them.

Maybe I'll dig out hubby's Sculpey and make some faeries.
                    Did you see the "Making clay dolls" thread???

Once again MoonRaven, they are adorable!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven
                      You know that's a funny question, so I think I'll post this one too. I made this one for my BF for his birthday a couple of years ago. His name is "Quest," and he's a monitor god.

He's not quite as detailed as the sleeping one, because he was the first one I made. But his eyes are glass beads (small ones), which I thought looked neat. His wings are held up with a bent paperclip, but nonetheless he's incredibly fragile (he's already had his horns broken off and reattached, and has lost his head once). Of course, they're all very fragile, which makes me leery about selling them.
                      just a thought...you may have already tried this, but you could use wire or paper clips as the base for the horns and wrap the clay around the wire, then attatch them

Comment

As a dragon fanatic i love them and want some!
                        but if they are fragile i cant see them making it thro the post to australia
                        ]

Comment

Actually I find if you pack them really well with cotton they hold up pretty well. When we moved, we packed three of them in a small box with about 200 cotton balls and they survived the bumping they were subjected to on the drive.

Comment

I love dragons and i think these are beautiful.
                            Dragon Dawn
                            I'm teaching your kids. Be afraid, Be very afraid.

Comment

those are so adorible!

Comment

Working...
                              X