Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commemorative dermagraphics - ideas

Hello all;

I have been getting tattoos at different stages of my life/path (8 so far), and I am getting ready for my next. My wife is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and has made me happier than I had ever been before. She is now pregnant, and I feel the need to commemorate my marriage to her as well as the new baby (we think it's a girl).

I have a rather large Green Man design on my shoulder, and would like a Goddess image for balance as well as for the specifically feminine blessings in my life right now.

I have been looking for months, and am having a tough time of it. I usually have a much easier time choosing tat designs.

I am thinking that what I'd like is a clean and simple design representing the Goddess (particularly as mother). I have gathered dozens of variations on the basic Goddess image as seen in Otter Zell's "Dearinth," but they are just not doing the trick for me. I am thinking that the design may be too basic.

Perhaps an image of Gaia as pregnant woman?

Well, I've been driving myself mad looking, and so am taking the drastic step of asking whether anyone on this illustrious and well-populated board has seen such an image or can recommend places to look. I think I've exhausted Google's "Image" search engine.

BTW, I think I'm finally going to take the plunge and get this piece on my inside forearm.

Thanks all, and BB,
    jm
    "That old Aeon won't be bothering us anymore!" - Rudolph in Rudolph's Shiny New Year

Well, if you've been looking at Oberon (Otter) Zell's work, you may already have seen this.

What comes to my mind is his "Millennial Gaia". I found a picture of it online, but the picture doesn't nearly do the statue justice. I have one, and I just love, love, LOVE her!

Here's the link: http://www.goddess-gallery.com/millennialgaia.html

If that's not good - do you maybe have a few shots that show bits and pices you like? Take that to your tat artist and see if s/he can come up with something unique for you?

And I think it's a great idea, I hope you find an image that you really like!

Comment

Thanks, FelixFire!
      I love just about everything that Otter creates! In fact, for my birthday this year, my wife bought me the Deirinth mini-altar he designed.

The millennial Gaia is indeed a beautiful piece, and I would like to get something like it as a tattoo.

Thanks for your post, and the idea!

bb,
      jm
      "That old Aeon won't be bothering us anymore!" - Rudolph in Rudolph's Shiny New Year

Comment

Working...
      X