Henna Tattooing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henna Tattooing

Hey MW I got a henna kit from Newquay when I was on holiday there and I really love it. However I'd much prefer to go into henna by mixing it myself, not using stencils but freehanding and with proper methodology as opposed to squeezing it out of a tube (if anything because it gets stuck inside the tube) Except for hennapage.com does anyone know of any resources for technique, pattern ideas and also for purchasing henna in the UK?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know much about where in UK to purchase, but I used to be a henna artist and for what it's worth, Jamila Brand was usually the favorite among artists, though I somewhat preferred another brand called Sarah because it didn't need to sit as long.

If your henna is sticking in the tube it probably needs to be sifted first. Most artists use a tube but the powder sometimes needs to be sifted, as twigs or juat poorly ground leaf pieces sometimes are included. (Part of I think why Jamila was popular was it was usually ground pretty consistently fine.) Many artists also would give the mixture a second straining after mixing it.
    The Famous Mother Bombie's Book of Witchcraft and Cunning Magick for Fortune Telling, Herb Magick, Divination, Charms, Potions and Old-Time Spellcraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Godgifu View Post
      I don't know much about where in UK to purchase, but I used to be a henna artist and for what it's worth, Jamila Brand was usually the favorite among artists, though I somewhat preferred another brand called Sarah because it didn't need to sit as long.

If your henna is sticking in the tube it probably needs to be sifted first. Most artists use a tube but the powder sometimes needs to be sifted, as twigs or juat poorly ground leaf pieces sometimes are included. (Part of I think why Jamila was popular was it was usually ground pretty consistently fine.) Many artists also would give the mixture a second straining after mixing it.
      I was also wondering what MW thought of my first go at designing. I know they're not technically amazing but it's more the design aspect. I am practising
      Last edited by johenn123; August 3rd, 2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Hey there long time no see My daughter recently had a henna Tattoo done and I tell you the art form I think is awesome. And s for your designs they look good and hope when you actually do them you will share photos :D
        SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by SilverClaw View Post
          Hey there long time no see My daughter recently had a henna Tattoo done and I tell you the art form I think is awesome. And s for your designs they look good and hope when you actually do them you will share photos :D
          Thanks - still need to find somewhere to buy it in my hometown but might end up getting it online. Will post pics though when I do procure some henna. :D

Comment

Working...
          X