Witchy Uses for Roses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witchy Uses for Roses

Today my boyfriend got me 18 roses, and it's not something we usually do because both of us feel that giving live, potted plants, such as a small herb or something, is better. So now I'm stuck with these 18 roses that are quickly falling apart (they were cheap lol). For the time being I've got them hanging upside down over my altar. But I just don't know what to do with them or what I could possibly use the different parts for. Any ideas? I've thought about rose water, but I'm not sure I'd be able to do it with my kitchen resources. I've also thought about rose beads, but it just seems like too much work for my tastes. There's got to be something else though.
    "All acts of love and pleasure are my rituals." -- Charge of the Goddess.

Rose water is the first thing that comes to mind, and maybe the easiest.

lemme brainstorm more...

Comment

well if there's thorns....

probably not an appropriate use of something given as an affectionate gesture though.

Comment

Maybe use the petals for a nice bath. Rose petals can be used in a lot of different ways. You could also dry them and place them in a clean jar. Some very well preserved petals from roses could be put in a bag.

Roses are symbolic flowers of passion. Some use roses to help them make wishes and love spells.
        :boing:The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.:boing:

Comment

I'd probably use the petals strictly for sachets and/or spells and not in the bath and definitely not for consumption. Most commercially sold roses are sprayed with pesticides and if you're sensitive to it, you could have a reaction.
          "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
          Run free and catch the rabbits
          4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

Originally posted by WitchJezebel View Post
            I'd probably use the petals strictly for sachets and/or spells and not in the bath and definitely not for consumption. Most commercially sold roses are sprayed with pesticides and if you're sensitive to it, you could have a reaction.

Good advice. While roses in the tub are romantic....breaking out in seeping sores is so not teh sexay.
            "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
            instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
            which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Comment

Working...
            X