No announcement yet.

My husband is makign me an altar table!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband is makign me an altar table!

So my hubby is making me an altar table at the wood hobby shop on base, and I am so excited! I need to draw up some basic plans for him to go by, but I don't really know where to start! I mean, the idea is that he makes me the table, and then I get to paint it, or carve it however I want. I just told him short and wide. I told him no more than a foot tall, and about two to two and a half feet wide. Anyone else have a suggestion? I am so excited that we each get to make this together, it will be such a great vibe!

Will post pictures when it's done!
    Last edited by thyself; September 7th, 2011, 10:25 AM.
    "You know those shows that chronicle drug addicts and show how desperate they get? I'm like that with coffee. I go in with pennies saying, "how much will this get me??" With a desperate look in my eyes. They usually laugh until I start tapping the veins in my arm."

sigpicThee I invoke, by the moonlit sea, by the standing stone and the twisted tree. )O(

"If it absolutely, has to be destroyed overnight: US Marines."

Might I suggest building shelves / rungs / or a drawer? This way you'll have a little storage space to keep artifacts not in season / not in use / what-have-you.
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

Comment

make sure when you paint it you use flame retardant paint. Your candles are most likly going to be left on your altar.
      sigpic

Comment

Has he finished it yet? Pictures? :D
        Sat Bast, meryt Serqet-Aset her Yenipu-Wepwawet her HetHert-Sekhmet
        "While I dance I cannot judge,
        I cannot hate,
        I cannot seperate myself from life.
        I can only be joyful and whole.
        That is why I dance."
        --Hans Bos

Comment

Working...