Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a mini altar? A portable altar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a mini altar? A portable altar?

I know for me it is important to be able to have an altar when I go on vacation or am away on business and especially now that I live with my parents in-law, having a regular altar is impossible so I created a mini altar that I can use when I can steal away some "me" time in a house full of people.

Share your mini altar kits. What you include and how you made any of the items in it.

Thanks
    GB

For the most part my mini-altar is outside. But when I used to have to keep a small altar that could be packed away (read hidden) it was a small vial of sea salt, a small vial I'd put water in, and a few sticks of incense wrapped up in a cloth.

Comment

Funny enough, I stopped using an altar about two years ago ... I just don't feel the need for it anymore I feel more spiritually connected with myself and the act of performing rituals stopped being important. Now I can gain the same satisfaction with a breeze across my cheek and a thanks to the Gods for a beautiful sunny day

Comment

My altar is in my brain. So, yah, it's small...but it works.
        mol

sitegod/system_Administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma

Comment

I absolutely do.
          I have a shrine in my kitchen, and when I go away, there's a little hinged box that comes with me.

at Lushfest
          which was it's first trip out

and on a recent business trip (where my little shrine was competing for space with my absolute DARLING favourite colleague had all his make up. oh I love him, he's like a sort of gay son or younger brother to me. he's adorable.
          but anyway, the shrine

it all folds away into the box, and then I wrap the box in the cloth. all in all it takes up less room than my toiletries, and takes a selection of things from my shrine comfortably away with me. complete with battery powered tealights that are suitable for hotel rooms and tents alike.

Comment

@mol you made my day.

Comment

I will have to take pictures, but mine is one of those roll up toiletry kits. I can fit everything in it then roll it up and it fits in my carry on.
              Khara's Chaos

Comment

Interesting concept

Khara,

that sounds like a great way to be organized. Take a picture if you do not mind sharing

Comment

I finally got the pictures taken of my mini altar.

The only thing I made was the staff. I used a golf tee, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3254.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1,004.6 KB
ID:	6167469wrapped it in twine with glue and then glued an amber marble to the top. Other than that I collected or was gifted the items that are in it.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3253.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	953.1 KB
ID:	6167468

Comment

Altar items
                    Broom – To clear my space of negativity
                    Eye – To see what cannot be seen
                    Fairy Door – to enter different realms
                    Bell – To Purify or call the Fae
                    Sun – To remind me of the warmth of nature
                    Dagger – To cut away negativity or cut a door so I may enterand exit scared space
                    Glass vial – To either collect something or use as a chalice
                    Staff – I use this as a symbol of a wand or to direct energysomewhere
                    Tree of life charm –Connection to my root and Earth
                    Sand Dollar glass bead – Water
                    Match – Fire
                    Blue skull - Ancestors
                    Key – This is a symbol of the pathwork I am doing now
                    Butterfly – Air

What I have addedsince this picture:
                    One gold and silver birthday sized candle to represent the God and the Goddess
                    Cone incense plus a little square to rest it on

This is what is in mine. What is in yours??

Comment

I know, old thread. But it is a good one. I have one of those zipper pencil pouches with very small altar items inside for traveling or outdoor pagan adventures.
                      - Battery operated tea light that flickers
                      - Mini Mister filled with blessed lunar or rainwater
                      - Tiny Ziploc with an aromatic herb or flower such as lavender or cloves
                      - A crystal or other grounding stone (about the size of a quarter)
                      - Coaster sized doily for an altar cloth
                      - Keychain style prayer beads to represent the four quarters
                      - Something to represent that holy day or season such as a little fake holly leaf or metal charm
                      - Tiny crystal or tiny Ziploc of bird seed to leave as an offering

Actually, you don't need anything but imagination to form magical intent, but I am often stressed when I travel so it's nice to have token items. I'm fine using a finger or pencil for a wand, but you might want to consecrate a sturdy stick or dowel to add.
                      The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
                      --Bill Watterson

Comment

Working...
                      X