Washi tape.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washi tape.

Got into washi tape a bit late in life. I was wondering about how to incorporate it into pagan crafts?
    Has anyone seen pagan themed washi tape, somewhere online?

I did a search and saw some blogs that showed up, but they won't show up on my work computer. I just typed in "washi tape pagan".

Off the top of my head: use to gloss up your BOS, both the outside and the pages. There's a buzzfeed article about how to use it, you can find a pagan equivalent of those probably. Maybe use to make art to deities, or for the solstices to hang on altar/walls.

I'll do some more research on my home computer.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

Finally found Sunflowers MT washi tape just in time for my fall journal.

Comment

I have used washi for pagan purposes in a number of ways. One for decorative accents based on the four elements; I found a great stylized flame, one that looks like cracked ice, I recently picked up one with gems, even one with moons, among others. The other way has been building scenes from washi I picked up on Wish.com and other places that include non-Western buildings along with waves, clouds, hills, trees, birds, and the like. I haven't looked but I bet you can find washi made in Europe with Celtic elements, maybe even the Greek "key" design. If you have tiny rubber stamps you can also make your own using paper or Dina Wakley blank washi tape. I used solid color tapes for marking the four directions in my bedroom using a compass when I discovered they do not correspond to the corners at all -- I'll probably use the same tape to mark sections of a between-the-worlds journal. Writing this I realize that it would be easy to use washi to designate seasons and solar holy days such as holly, cherry blossoms, sunflowers (as suggested above), raindrops, snowflakes, fall leaves, pumpkins, etc. These would be great in a planner, but also as section breaks in a book of shadows or pagan journal. I love washi because the tiny images embellish small spaces.
        The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
        --Bill Watterson

Comment

Just went down the rabbit hole chasing washi tape! Bad idea for me but maybe good for you. Alexandra Renkehas washi with realistic flowers and leaves that are to die for. A number of vendors are selling space and star washi which hits my pagan sweet spot. I even found some Harry Potter washi. One washi source that can be unexpected is Etsy which is where I got my watercolor gems tapes from.

Note: if you buy the cheap washi or have doubts always add a little extra sticky stuff with a glue stick or other adhesive -- it's heartbreaking to have washi peel itself off after a few months or even years.
          The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
          --Bill Watterson

Comment

Working...
          X