• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome!

Welcome to the Arts and Crafts forum!

Enjoy.
    mol

sitegod/system_Administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma

Whoo-hoo! New forums=More time spent at Mystickwicks. Hey wait...

"God Bless those Pagans." ~Homer Simpson
    AIM: beetlefaery
    Co-Mod Music, Books

Click here to Read the Community Rules

Comment

Originally posted by loopy
      Whoo-hoo! New forums=More time spent at Mystickwicks. Hey wait...
      What do you like to make? I tend to try a lot of things, including spinning and weaving. My main interests are quilting and counted thread embroidary......

Regards,

Maggie

Comment

Wow! Thanks Mol! This is great! I was going to ask if we could have an arts and crafts area. I love to hear about candlemaking, soapmaking, herbal dream pillows making, clay sculpturing, beading, incense making, etc..........Yippie!
        MystyPines

Comment

Well I love painting, I paint on canvas with acrylic not oil colors(they dry sooo slow, they are not good for my patience ;P ) , and also some aquarel... does that qualify me to this forum

Blessings
          ~ As above, so below ~

Comment

Originally posted by Emy
            Well I love painting, I paint on canvas with acrylic not oil colors(they dry sooo slow, they are not good for my patience ;P ) , and also some aquarel... does that qualify me to this forum

Blessings
            Of course! :D I wish I could paint--I have such pictures in my head that my fingers simply won't make!

Regards,

Maggie

Comment

Oh but Maggie you should paint anyway, paint for yourself... let your pictures come out... your hands will learn to work with you
              ~ As above, so below ~

Comment

I like to paint and draw, just make little things. And I like to learn about candlemaking, etc.

"God Bless those Pagans." ~Homer Simpson
                AIM: beetlefaery
                Co-Mod Music, Books

Click here to Read the Community Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Emy
                  Oh but Maggie you should paint anyway, paint for yourself... let your pictures come out... your hands will learn to work with you
                  I used to draw a bit and paint watercolors, but it's been so many years that I'm not sure my fingers would recognize a paint brush! There is one picture I'm dying to try.......there is a really old oak tree in a park near here, stands by an abandoned farmstead. The tree has all sorts of twisty branches covered with lichens of several different colors and textures, it's just beautiful.....I'm not even sure where to start though!

Regards,

Maggie

Comment

Quilting, I tought ceramics in Ohio, love embroidery, needlepoint,
                    have taken classes in bow making, floral design, weaving, basket weaving, framing, wedding floral design, stamping, stationary design, but my favorite little money makers are cake decoration and wedding cake design!! Want to take a class in tole painting and the art classes to paint like that Ross guy!! Happy Happy little trees!!

See Semele you are not the only one always in school!!

I could live in the craft department!!
                    In life you are faced with many lessons to learn. PLEASE someone tell me why they are all difficult.

The mind is a scarey place, Here are a few thoughts from mine!!!

Native Woman

I really liked this statement found it on my quest to get intouch with mIf you take the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintigrate and the words will be gone. Our bible is the wind. - Statement by an anonymous native american

Comment

Sherry,
                      Ceramics!!! Yet another thing we have in common! My Grandmother and Mom used to have a ceramic shop in Texas. Lots of fun memories from there. It was, after all, called the fun shop!!!

I just have one question...what the heck is Mol doing moderating this forum???? He is the least crafty person I know!!! Unless you count his music as craft, in which case I guess he can stay!!!

Comment

Ceramics....<shaking head> ah....the fond memories of sitting with my grandparents in there ceramic shop....painting all sort of ceramics....molding...firing....ah....the good ol' days ....when I was like...what? 6?? LOL

Thank you for stirring that memory.... :D Sure do miss my grandma.
                        Dagda

Comment

I draw a *lot* and paint some when I feel like being distracted for a six-hour stretch or so. I used to use acrylics, but have recently discovered the fun of working with oils. (Gotta watch that Turpenoid though...Just cause you can't smell it doesn't mean it doesn't have fumes.)
                          Everybody's got wings...it's just a question of where you stashed them.
                          Non Illegitimi Carborundum Est.

Comment

Drawing is great as long as i dont try to put any color into it then it looks terrible!!
                            Both my kids love drawing also mayhaps one will be a great artist someday and be able to support me in the way that i have been accustomed (good thing that way dosent involve much money...hahaha)

~obsession is in the eye of the beholder~
                            There is No Spoon, The Spork is Eternal

Comment

There are some threads I'm going to put in here on the redirect and some I'm going to duplicate I have soap and candlemaking in the green room and lots of kid crafts in the pagan family forum
                              Yes people are talking about you behind your back. That is where all the laughter is coming from.
                              Dear Lord, I pray for:
                              Wisdom, To understand a man Love, To forgive him and Patience, For his moods Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength
                              I'll just beat him to death. Amen!

Help support my girl scout http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...66#post4022166

msn princesspain13@hotmail.com aim aangellmouse yahoo aangell_666

My second favorite place on the net is neopets if you want to check it out here is a link http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?u...e=aangellmouse

Comment

Working...
                              X