Father's Day gift ideas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Day gift ideas???

ACK! I cannot believe Father's Day is next week and I am *stumped* on what to make with the kids for my dad and father in law.

Please help! *wringing hands in an impassioned plea*
    :D :D :D

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks and BB!

Chris

My Blog: The Musings of Faery-Wings

For the little one you can do plaster circles with hand and foot prints or just the hands. It works well with paint on paper too. Put on a cool poem then seal paper with clear contact paper. Tossing a picture in there works very well too. If you include the date you have an increadable keepsake.
    Yes people are talking about you behind your back. That is where all the laughter is coming from.
    Dear Lord, I pray for:
    Wisdom, To understand a man Love, To forgive him and Patience, For his moods Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength
    I'll just beat him to death. Amen!

Help support my girl scout http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...66#post4022166

msn [email protected] aim aangellmouse yahoo aangell_666

My second favorite place on the net is neopets if you want to check it out here is a link http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?u...e=aangellmouse

Comment

Great idea Yvonne! I like the paint and paper idea with the picture and such...I thought it might be nice to put it in a small shadow box frame that my husband can put on his desk at work. Thanks
      ~Hestia~

"Being normal is not necessarily a virtue. It rather denotes a lack of courage!"
      ---from the movie Practical Magic

Comment

I try there are some good ideas out there I just am trying to get them in here! :D
        Yes people are talking about you behind your back. That is where all the laughter is coming from.
        Dear Lord, I pray for:
        Wisdom, To understand a man Love, To forgive him and Patience, For his moods Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength

Help support my girl scout http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...66#post4022166

My second favorite place on the net is neopets if you want to check it out here is a link http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?u...e=aangellmouse

Comment

I know this is a little late but I just saw this. My daughter made something like this for me when she was in kindergarten. It was a large piece of construction paper with her handprints on either side. In the center on the bottom was the poem. Above the poem was a picture of her with the edges scalloped. Above that was the date it was done, also scalloped. I figured if someone was saving this they might want to use it. Here is a poem to go with this idea.

My Hands

Sometimes you get discouraged
          Because I am so small
          And always leaving fingerprints
          On furniture and walls

But every day I'm growing up
          And soon I'll be so tall
          That all those little handprints
          Will be hard to recall

So here's a special handprint
          Just so you can say
          This is how my fingers looked
          When I placed them here today

~Dria El~
          "Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times."
          "My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not a virtue... rather it denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances in Practical Magick
          Today, I will be too calm for worry, too noble for anger and too strong for defeat. Today, I will believe anything is possible...I will walk through fear without hesitation. Today, I will stand for something. Today, I will make a difference.
          "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Humbert H. Humphrey, 1911-1978

Comment

I forgot to add that it was all laminated so it will last 'forever'.

~Dria El~
            "Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times."
            "My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not a virtue... rather it denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances in Practical Magick
            Today, I will be too calm for worry, too noble for anger and too strong for defeat. Today, I will believe anything is possible...I will walk through fear without hesitation. Today, I will stand for something. Today, I will make a difference.
            "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Humbert H. Humphrey, 1911-1978

Comment

Clear contact paper makes a great laminator.

Aftershave is also a good gift idea and not just for Father's day.

Aftershave acts as an astringent and toner for the skin. Astringents help return the skin to a slightly acidic state after using alkaline shaving soaps. Toners soften and smooth the skin by closing the pores, and many are antiseptic and remove oils. Those with dry skin should follow aftershave with a pure and plant-based moisturizer. As surprising as it may sound, the alcohol content of aftershave made of rum won’t be much different than that of many commercial brands! It is hard to find commercial aftershave lotions that are free of synthetic alcohols, which can be quite toxic and poisonous. Here are my Bay Rum Aftershave Formula, and an alcohol-free alternative. Basic Bay Rum Aftershave FormulaRaid your local health food store’s dried herb section for this recipe, or better yet, if you live in an area where bay leaves actually grow on trees, fill a quart mason jar with locally picked dried leaves. 2-4 cups dried bay leavesA few sprigs of dried rosemary (optional)Rum, to cover Break the dried bay leaves in half. Fill a quart or pint mason jar with as many leaves as will fit to about 3 inches from the top. Add a few sprigs of dried rosemary, if desired. Add enough rum to come a good 2 inches above the leaves. Screw on the cover, and let set for 1 month; strain. Variation: Add a bit of grated organic orange peel, cloves, and ginger root, as desired. Shelf life: Indefinite. Alcohol-Free Softening Aftershave Some men don’t like having alcohol in their aftershave. This recipe is for them! 2 cups witch hazel extract2 ounces rose water2 ounces aloe vera gel1/2 ounce vegetable glycerinA few drops of an essential oil of your choice (such as peppermint and eucalyptus), if desired Combine the ingredients in a jar, and shake to blend. Pat on the face after shaving. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
              Dear Lord, I pray for:

Comment

a little late but...

...still, heres an idea which I love, they are so effective and I think - very personal for your dad's/brothers or guys birthday or christmas!!

Hand Painted Silk Ties or Boxes or Hankerchiefs....

Head into a craft store and pick up some silk paints ~ they are reasonably prices and last ages and ages... Then try and find plain silk ties (in a high street shop or maybe in charity shops? Ive picked up some great white ones in Oxfam) Maybe try and find your ties first as you dont want to buy the paints then discover you cant find any plain ties!!
                Then paint away!! and dont forgot to sign with a little message :D
                ~ They are great fun for holidays as you can make them festive and funny for christmas!!
                New mommy & loving every minute of it!
                Co-moderator ~ Tarot & Divination
                &

Comment

Working...
                X