Magical Crafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magical Crafts

Am building a database of Magical Crafts. If anyone can point me to a good resource, I'd be totally tickled pink! :D
    ~ Mairwen

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/7502/crafts.html

http://pagan.drak.net/pagancrafts/

Hope this helps.

Chris

My Blog: The Musings of Faery-Wings

Comment

YES! YES! *happynekkidgwyddondance!* Thankyouthankyouthankyou!! :D
      ~ Mairwen

Comment

*happynekkidnon-gwyddondance!*

Wooo hoo! I am so glad I could help! If I come across any other sites, I will be sure to post 'em.

Will you be able to post all of your info when it is complete? I would love to see it.

Chris

Comment

I went to one of those sites and made an item they described as the Goddess Prayer Beads. :D

I did them a little different to add my own "flavor" to them. I used pony beads. Green for Maiden, Blue for Mother, and Purple for Crone. Instead of spacers I used white pony beads. To divide the three sections I did use 2 small round silver spacers/beads. Instead of a circle, I did it more like the rosary beads, and have a strip hanging of glow in the dark beads with a Gold Moon charm dangling from the end. Where the circle comes together to form the one strand, I have 4 beads on each side....then go into the glow in the dark beads. I used that clear stretchy thread stuff instead of the nylon they recommended. I did all this on my lunch break, and just used the materials I had sitting around at home! They turned out pretty well!

I am even going to see what I can come up with to send a set of these to my friend Illy! (Shhh.....it's a surprise!) I'll make them tonight and send them out to her tomorrow along with the tarot tote and laycloth I made her a while ago!
          Dagda

Comment

Mairwen~
            http://gypsygrl65.tripod.com/thecott...issue/id9.html
            http://gypsygrl65.tripod.com/thecott...ssue/id14.html

Dagda~ I saw those beads on that site, they were so neat. I bet yours came out great too. That is something I (eventually) want to make for myself too. Now why is it that I never have the time to do everything I want to do!

Chris

Comment

Mine turned out fab!

I shipped Illy's out this morning to her. I also made a set using Yellow, Orange and Red. Both sets turned out great and it only took me ....less than a half an hour to make! :D
              Dagda

Comment

Originally posted by chryssi1
                Will you be able to post all of your info when it is complete? I would love to see it.
                Right now, I have about 30 pages of stuff. Looks like it's going to be upwards around 100+/-, complete with pictures and diagrams, soooooooo ... I dunno. Probably could email you a copy if you are compatible with MS Word.
                ~ Mairwen

Comment

Originally posted by Mairwen

Right now, I have about 30 pages of stuff. Looks like it's going to be upwards around 100+/-, complete with pictures and diagrams, soooooooo ... I dunno. Probably could email you a copy if you are compatible with MS Word.
                  if that is not a problem that would be awesome. Or I could send you a floppy, if that would be easier. Whatever is best :D

Chris

Comment

Wow, Mairwen, what an undertaking!! I've got to go through my bookmarks (or favourites, whatever!) and see what I have link-wise. I know I have a few!

Wyrdsister
                    ---
                    *tap* *tap* Is this thing on?

Comment

Awesome!

That is a huge undertaking, Mairwen! Will you try to publish a how-to book, or are you just compiling for now?
                      Time flies... whether you're having fun or not

Comment

Originally posted by chryssi1
                        if that is not a problem that would be awesome. Or I could send you a floppy, if that would be easier. Whatever is best :D Chris
                        Depending on how big the .doc file is, it's not going to fit on floppy. I'd have to email it.
                        ~ Mairwen

Comment

Re: Awesome!

Originally posted by Niamh
                          That is a huge undertaking, Mairwen! Will you try to publish a how-to book, or are you just compiling for now?
                          Was just compliing for my group. But a Pagan Craft book sounds wonderful!! :D
                          ~ Mairwen

Comment

Re: Re: Awesome!

Originally posted by Mairwen

Was just compliing for my group. But a Pagan Craft book sounds wonderful!! :D
                            Oh you should! I'd snap that up in a second! I don't think I have ever seen a book totally devoted to Pagan crafts at all.

Chris

Comment

Everyday Magic by Dorothy Morrison has some neat crafts and ideas...

Comment

Working...
                              X