X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marevard
    replied
    Greetings
    This might help. It is an 'older' book, so it might be at the library.
    "Pottery: Materials and Techniques" by David Green
    Sorry I can't give you the ISBN number, my copy is to old to have one. If you can't find it or anything else, just say, I'll get it to you.
    I have not made one, so I can not tell you if it is good or not. Their against city code here. You might want to check that out also- city and county codes on them. You might have to get a permit or something of that sort.
    Good Luck! May you find what you need.

Leave a comment:

• satika
    replied
    Merry Meet Everyone:
    I've recently went to Seagrove North Carolina, it's a pottery
    town. I've got a few address and e-mail addresses, I saw
    many different types of kilns in operation. Some of these people
    may be able to help you, with design and building. I'm not sure
    how well they guard their information.
    www.nicholspottery.com

[email protected](Lantern Hill Pottery, owner, very nice
    man, gave us a tour of his shop)

Old Hard Times Pottery
    7672 Union Grove Church Road
    Seagrove, NC 27341

Marsh Pottery
    1497Cagle Loop Rd.
    Seagrove, NC 27341
    I have phone and Fax numbers for some, if you want these
    just send an e-mail, I'll get them to you.
    Brightest Blessings
    Satika

Leave a comment:

• Lavender
    replied
    Don't worry about us, Yvonne. We promise to be good (at least for the next few days :D).

Did you check at the local community centre to see if they have a pottery club or something like that? Usually they will let you put in small pieces if they have room in a firing. Also, I picked up a small box of air-dry clay for really cheap at the local craft store. It hardens up just like fired clay & you can paint it & do everything just like fired clay.

Let us know how things are turning out!

Leave a comment:

• Yvonne Belisle
    replied
    For a little while at least I need to get stuff done so I am only on about an hour at night to check on the forums and see that everything is still good.

Leave a comment:

• Sunday's Child
    replied
    Yvonne sounds like you are going to be a busy woman.. Good luck with all your endeavors and let us know how they turn out.
    Does that mean you will be spending less time here? I hope not.

Leave a comment:

• Silver Venus
    replied
    Yvonne ~ Sounds like youve got a lot to do hun ~ But dont worry (or try not to) you will be fine because youve got some really, really great ideas!! I wish you loads of luck with your rune sets and goddesses!
    I have a stall on the local market selling Aromatherapy Oils and hand painted Light bulbs with a friend who makes rune sets and incenses and we do really well from it.
    There's allot of people out there who love mystical ornaments and natural therapies! So you cant go wrong ~ and its something that you love too
    Good Luck!! I hope you achieve all your dreams for your children :D

Leave a comment:

• Yvonne Belisle
    replied
    If they can I would be shocked and happy at the same time. I want to get some stuff done and start building stock to get a home based crafting buisness up and running. With 4 kids it would be so much better if I can work from home but the start up costs are out of my range. I'll be headed out tomorrow to see if I can get a job so we can pay next months rent, I have enough but my mother and aunt gave it to us so we could get a car. The sooner we are self reliant the better! There are houses out here for sale for $30,000 and less I want to buy one in a year so I know my children will always have a roof over their heads. The only way I can meet that goal is work but I prefere in the home vs out of it. Even if I get my materials it will be a bit before I am self reliant with my buisness so I will have to do both for a while. Sometime tomorrow I also need to get some runes made. I'm going to use salt dough and see what I can come up with. I'll also do some Godess orniments with it as there is a Wiccan shop very close to home.

Leave a comment:

• Lady Raven
    replied
    I have a friend that may be able to help you out I think it may be easier to buy one also, but I'll ask him.~raven

Leave a comment:

• Sunday's Child
    replied
    Kiln

I was just curious as why you want to build one rather than buy one?

Leave a comment:

• Yvonne Belisle
    replied
    I spent 3 hours one night searching and came up with everything but what I was looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Silver Venus
    replied
    Sorry I dont know either ~ Ive just tried a few searches and had no luck for you It sounds really interesting though...
    Hope you find your instructions soon and good luck with building it

Leave a comment:

• Yvonne Belisle
    started a topic How do you build a kiln?

How do you build a kiln?

I want to build a small nonelectric kiln for outside and small pieces of work. Does anyone know where I can find directions? I have done searches but I must be doing something wrong because I can't find what I need.
Working...
X