ChainMail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChainMail

OK I've been thinkning about getting back into making chainmail things. (head pieces, hand flowers, belts, bags, and maybe trying my hand at larger items here in the near future...)

So here is a question to all you wonderfull people:D would anyone out there be interested in buying chainmail??? ( not that I'm asking you to, but more of trying to find out how much interest is out there for it)

Thanks!!!
    Very sleek and fat did the cats appear, and sonorous with purring content.
    H.P. Lovecraft~"The Cats of Ulthar"

*Sweet Merciful Crap*
    For Flar7

Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
    Lewis Carroll

My first published story...Look! My Other Home infp, geek, wannabe writer, Priemptive Salvage Engineer, and all around strange person

Chainmail

Actually, we have quite a bit of chainmail here in the "castle", skirt, vest, headpiece. There is an armorer in town here that makes it and does a terrific job, you can't wear it for too long it's so heavy but it looks good.

Brigantia
    "H.R.H."

Comment

I would buy chainmail if anywhere that I knew of around where I live sold it. I have always liked it for reasons unknown to me. BB.

Comment

I dont thinki would buy chainmail, it is useless if the arrows are barrel tipped instead of barbed. But guns ar more the problem nowadays. got and Kevlon jackets? :D

Comment

I'd be interested. I have a small group of friends with whom I go to Renaissance Faires, and we're always looking for cool, new things to add to our costumes. We tend only to go to two a year, so we wear the same outfits. We tend to get a little tired of them so we accessorize!

Now if only I could learn how to sew...
          Time flies... whether you're having fun or not

Comment

I love my chainmail head piece. It's got little purple beads and an amythest dropping from the front. If only it was a little more comfortable!
            ~Sage Witch

"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." -Johnathan Swift

Comment

how the heck do you make chain mail?!?! just wondering. i think that's cool that you can do something like that.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. :D I'm still pondering the idea.

how the heck do you make chain mail?!?! just wondering. i think that's cool that you can do something like that.
                Chain is not all that hard to make, just takes alot of time and all that. You take wire, and wrap it around some sort of dowl rod depending on what size links you want, you cut the rings off, and put them together... thats about it.
                Very sleek and fat did the cats appear, and sonorous with purring content.
                H.P. Lovecraft~"The Cats of Ulthar"

*Sweet Merciful Crap*
                For Flar7

Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
                Lewis Carroll

My first published story...Look! My Other Home infp, geek, wannabe writer, Priemptive Salvage Engineer, and all around strange person

Comment

Good Luck!!

I love chain mail but have never had the guts or the occasion to buy it for... still I think allot of poeple including me! would totally love your designs!

Please post some piccies up if you have a chance!
                  New mommy & loving every minute of it!
                  Co-moderator ~ Tarot & Divination
                  &

Comment

Working...
                  X