Light a candle for me, pleeeease!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light a candle for me, pleeeease!!!!

I am doing a huge arts and crafts show starting today. It's a three day thing and the space was rather expensive. I've put a lot into this, and I really need to be successful in order to justify quitting my corporate job over a year ago to be an artist.

I bombed last October at a show in the same convention center. I need everyone's prayers and support. I made $60 in three days. People were treating my booth like a museum exhibit. They would stop by, ooooh and ahhh and then walk away without buying anything.

Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted on how I do. I'm very nervous, however, and really need some "extra" help.
    Co-Moderator in the History Forum and New Pagans. If anyone needs me while I'm online I can be emailed or instant messaged at [email protected] or for Yahoo users - [email protected] Isis is my queen. Sekhemet my source of strength.

Candles are lit! My thoughts are with you.
    Think positive! It will happen!

What is it you are selling? Just curious.

More positive energy sent down to all the buyers at the convention tomorrow. May they spend well at your table.

Again, only positive thoughts from you, and don't be nervous. You are obviously fantastic at what you do or you wouldn't have decided to change your employment in the first place.
    Another thought( I am sappy)

If it makes you truly happy and speaks to your soul and you find peace in what you do...........

No justification is necessary hun!

Big (((((HUGS)))))) to ya!
    just a little white duck
    swimmin in the water.......
    just a little white duck
    doing what she oughtta.......

Comment

Thanks Reanna

I do wildlife themed decorative painting. I sell sand dollars that have ocean mammals, and exotic wildlife, especially big cats and primates. I make jewelry out of some of the smaller sand dollars and I hand paint small furniture pieces.

Well, I didn't make my table, yet, but two more days to go. I did make more today than I made my entire first show. My artwork is very realistic, and not very "cutesy" therein lies my problem. As an artist, I can't paint bunnies and duckies. It just isn't in me. People oooh and ahhh at my stuff, but it isn't for everyone. I did make a few contacts though, and at this stage of the game, that is what it is all about. I'm hoping to get my stuff into some zoos, but I had a set back with one of my suppliers, and can't get the type of sea biscuit I use for pins and earrings until August.

Thank you so much for your support and kind words Reanna. Later on, I'll post an attachment to some of my work.
      Co-Moderator in the History Forum and New Pagans. If anyone needs me while I'm online I can be emailed or instant messaged at [email protected] or for Yahoo users - [email protected] Isis is my queen. Sekhemet my source of strength.

Comment

Re: Thanks Reanna

No thanks are necessary, but I am very happy to do it. You are welcome!
        They sound beautiful! I can't wait to see them! :D:D:D

Well, it is great news that you did better today than in the entire last show! That is truly great news and you can only go up doll! I will send some more "vibes" and such down that way!

Can't wait to see the goodies!!!
        Have another great day!
        just a little white duck
        swimmin in the water.......
        just a little white duck
        doing what she oughtta.......

Comment

Hi Tigerwallah! Hope everything's been going well for your show. I remember seeing your work in another thread & they are wonderful!
          Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

I would just like to wish you well on your show Tigerwallah. As for the candle and positive energy consider it done. BB.

Comment

I did pretty good.

I had a successful show. Thanks all for your prayers and support. :D

Comment

Re: I did pretty good.

Originally posted by Tigerwallah
                I had a successful show. Thanks all for your prayers and support. :D
                That's great! I was wondering how your show went.
                Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                X