Clear All

• yemayasdaughter
    replied
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Leave a comment:

• Willow Polson
    replied
    Preorders available

A little news -- I talked to one of the editors today and we finalized the text so now it's on the way to typesetting and layout! They're really working hard to try and get it out ASAP.

You can now preorder the book by searching under "Books" on amazon.com under my name.

As for how I came up with the idea... Well, I've been a writer and publisher for about 11 years now and was laid off last summer from the job I've had with a publishing company for 10 of those 11 years (what loyalty?). Anyway, I got a lead on a publisher that was looking for new Pagan book titles and sat down and thought long and hard. There's a writer's axiom, "write what you know." That kept going through my head and I thought, well, I've been a Witch for over 20 years, and my favorite thing in the world is making crafts. That's when the light bulb went off! A Pagan craft book! Now there's a wide open market! I set to work on my book proposal... and the rest is history!

How did I come up with the crafts? They're all techniques I knew how to do already, or could pick up quickly, or have always wanted to try. The book is divided into 12 chapters, each one being a different type of craft (candles, embroidery, woodworking, glass, pottery, etc.) so my job was to work within those categories and come up with projects I thought Pagans would dig. Some I had already made years before, some I wanted an excuse to make, and some I created on the spot. It was a LOT of work, but at least it was very fun work.

And yes, I will send out review copies if you are a publisher or writer. Let me know if you'd like one and which magazine/outlet it's for so I don't duplicate. Thanks so much for the interest!

Leave a comment:

• Wyrdsister
    replied
    Thanks for the info, Willow! This sounds like a great book. I don't suppose you'll be sending out any review copies???

I'd love to hear about how you came to work on a book like this. What made you decide to do it? Where did you find all these crafts?

Thanks in advance for such a great resource!

Wyrdsister
    crafty, crafty, Crafty!

Leave a comment:

• yemayasdaughter
    replied
    Ooooh cant wait!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D That sounds amazing!! I cant wait!!! I wonder if its available for pre-order on Amazon!!!?? Hmmmmm :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Leave a comment:

• Lavender
    replied
    Willow, keep us posted on the news of your craft book. When it's out, put a posting in the book forum too!

Leave a comment:

• Willow Polson
    replied
    Availability

Since the distribution is through Penguin Putnam, I know it will at least be available through Barnes & Noble, Borders, and Amazon.com, which I believe is accessible to you foreigners. 8-) I was able to buy a Lord of the Rings boxed set through Amazon.uk last Yule, so I know it works that direction anyway... Let me know if it's absolutely unavailable and I'll mail you a copy.

The current release estimate I have from my editor is early November rather than October, just FYI. There are so many projects and illustrations that it's taking longer than they thought to put together.

I'll be doing some booksignings and workshops around the Central California region and San Francisco Bay Area when it finally does come out. Should I post my schedule here?

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm! I'm glad the book will find so many happy and busy hands. 8-)

(BTW, how do you post multiple gif smilies in these messages?)

Leave a comment:

• silvermoon
    replied
    :cool: Unreal

When will it be available Downunder
    :o I hope I don't have to wait to long
    Just crazy about crafty things

Leave a comment:

• Semele
    replied
    Excellent!!! I cannot wait!!

Thanks for sharing willow(s)!!!

:cool:

Leave a comment:

• Silver Venus
    replied
    Oo this sounds cool!! Thanks for letting me know
    Will I be able to get it in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• Wyrdsister
    replied
    Any word on the publishing date?

Wyrdsister

Leave a comment:

• Socharis
    replied
    Cheers :D

Leave a comment:

• reanna
    replied
    :D:D:D
    Cool
    Thanks for letting us know....

Leave a comment:

• ElspethInnle
    replied
    Sounds Great!

*adds to her list of books to buy*

Leave a comment:

• BrigitCayenne
    replied
    gotta read it gotta read it gotta read it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Spirahl
    replied
    Can't wait! Great timing too, as I do most my crafting in the fall and winter months- the off-season for gardeners in this area!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X