Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lammas

Hi All

Anyone have any good ideas?! I would like to host some type of dinner for my family...they are Catholic, and althugh they know of my path, I don't want to overwhelm them...

Among other things, I am looking for a good centerpiece...and cook-out type food...

Xois
    ------
    Xois

Pagan Broadcast Network

Aye, for a cookout, you can put corn on the cob directly on the the grill. Pardon me if you knew it already...but you should keep the green outter part on it while you cook it.
    Anything from the harvest is good....fruits and fruit salad are great...(you can even grill some fruits, id est pinnaple if you like it).
    Homemade breads are wonderful for this season, and you can eat everything outdoor if you wish.
    By the way, Lamb is sacred for Lammas...so if you like Lamb...I'd go for it.
    Sorry if I wasn't much help.
    "Warriorship is a profession of courage, a calling to valor - not just on the battlefield, but in all of life’s conflicts."
    "If there is any hope for the future, it surely must rest upon the ability to stare unflinchingly into the heart of darkness."
    "The gentleman desires to be halting in speech but quick in action."
    "Do right, fear no man."
    "Men whose acts are at variance with their words command no respect, and what they say has but little weight."
    "Lying is done with words and also with silence."
    "If you stand straight, do not fear a crooked shadow."
    "A man does not extricate himself from difficulty at the expense of his associates."
    "If the enemy leaves a door open, you must rush in."
    "I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
    "If he is willing to kill, then he must be prepared to die. It is only right."
    >>>Yah ta hey! Hoka hey!<<<

Comment

I often make corn bread for Lughnasadh, but I came across a recipe for "Sun Bread" that I'm going to try this year. I can email it or PM it to you if you like. Let me know...

Grilling fish is another good thing to do for this holiday. You can use any kind of fish, really. If you like freshwater fish, trout is a good one. You can use herbs with it such as rosemary and marjoram.

Aside from corn being "in season" or being the first fruits of the harvest, berries and peaches are also "in season." My dessert last year was basically strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries with whipped cream. And it was awesome!

As far as decorations, etc, corn dollies are fairly easy. You can either use dried leaves from corn, or you can use straw. Take a styrofoam ball and wrap the straw over/around it so that the ball is covered. Gather the straw "under" the "head" and tie it with string or ribbon. You can either leave the straw to hang loosely or you can tie on little bundles of straw to create arms and legs. I leave mine plain, but a friend of mine likes to add buttons and little faces.

Enjoy!
      Time flies... whether you're having fun or not

Comment

Working...
      X