Mehndi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mehndi

Anyone else here a fan or practioner of Mehndi?

I "discovered" it about 8 years ago at a boutique that sold little kits that came with henna powder and a special blend of teas to mix it with. I started reading about it again a few months ago and have rediscovered it for myself.

I just spent about an hour creating designs on my feet and am waiting for them to dry...

So, anyone else?
    Time flies... whether you're having fun or not

Nope, sorry.

But your post kinda reminded me of something I do-- paint designs onto my feet with nail polish! :D

It's wet, squishy fun. :D

Anyway, sounds great; any pics of your toesies? :D:D

"God Bless those Pagans." ~Homer Simpson
    AIM: beetlefaery
    Co-Mod Music, Books

Click here to Read the Community Rules

Comment

I'm a fan, but that don't mean I'm great at it.
      "Warriorship is a profession of courage, a calling to valor - not just on the battlefield, but in all of life’s conflicts."
      "If there is any hope for the future, it surely must rest upon the ability to stare unflinchingly into the heart of darkness."
      "The gentleman desires to be halting in speech but quick in action."
      "Do right, fear no man."
      "Men whose acts are at variance with their words command no respect, and what they say has but little weight."
      "Lying is done with words and also with silence."
      "If you stand straight, do not fear a crooked shadow."
      "A man does not extricate himself from difficulty at the expense of his associates."
      "If the enemy leaves a door open, you must rush in."
      "I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
      "If he is willing to kill, then he must be prepared to die. It is only right."
      >>>Yah ta hey! Hoka hey!<<<

Comment

Nope, no pics... sorry!

If you leave in or close to a big city you can go places to have it done. You can also get it done at a lot of fairs now-a-days, too.

Comment

Wow...I have never even heard of it...
          mol

sitegod/system_Administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma

Comment

Hi all,

Mehndi is an ancient Indian body art, usually performed on a woman's hands and feet a day or so before she is to get married.

Henna powder is mixed with herbs and teas to create a paste that will stain or dye the skin. The paste is applied in elaborate designs and left on the skin to dry. Once dry, the paste will remain on the skin for at least five hours for max. staining.

Here's a link to some pages about mehndi

http://tattoo.about.com/cs/hennainst...htm?once=true&

Comment

A pagan friend of mine does it ........

Merry Merry,
              In a local shop for the tourists, and a few weekends ago had an overnight for women only and did some beautiful painting as part of the weekend retreat. The nice part is it isnt permanent.. and you can change it to go with the seasons ........ that appeals to me more than the permanent tatoo thing for some reason .
              Love and HUGS
              Swannie
              As Above So Below, As Within , So Without,

http://pub18.ezboard.com/fthecrossedswordsfrm4

http://homepages.about.com/swanheart/swansvisionaryart/index.html
              Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person
              unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.

Comment

Yes, I like the fact that it isn't permanent, but at the same time will last a few weeks, rather than a day or so and wash off in the tub! You can keep a journal of different designs and use all of them through the course of a year. It's fun, and I find it very relaxing, too.

Comment

Thanks for all the info!

Hiya,
                  I too am a fan and have been for a good few years! Ever since I decided that a permanant tat was probally not a good idea

Ive painted my hands and palms and feet before and love doing designs on my stomach ~ they look great around your belly button!
                  Youve just inspired me to dig out my henna againa dn get painting! My boyfriend is coming over tonight so maybe Ill persuade him inot letting me do his back :D
                  New mommy & loving every minute of it!
                  Co-moderator ~ Tarot & Divination
                  &

Comment

Working...
                  X