I need some ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some ideas

My cousin is about to have her baby any day now, and I was wondering if there is something special I can make for the baby. I know it is a little late since the baby may already be here :D But I would really like to make something for him/her. I have a few ideas, but I thought I would post here to see if anyone else has some ideas.
    Blessings,

DakotaJade
    & Bright Blessings from,
    Lady Ravenna

I scrapbook and this is an easy idea for you to try.

You can make a very personalized picture frame for the baby's nursery. Do you know the baby's room's theme or colors? Get an 8 1/2 by 11 frame, you can probably find one at a dollar store. A plain wood one will look nice. Go to a craft store and find some scrapbook paper, they sell some in single sheets for 25-50 cents each. You can add a title like "welcome Baby's Name" or something like Our Prescious gift, etc. You can hand letter a title, cut one out of colored cardstock, or even print one on cardstock on the puter.

Cut a frame from cardstock slightly larger than a 4x6 photo- leave 1/4 inch all around.

Then you can add at the bottom a place to handwrite in the baby's name, birthweight and lenght, etc.

This is probably not making much sense right about now. Here is an example. Ok, my DS's theme was Mickey Mouse in primary colors. I would Take, say, a piece of 8.5 x 11 red paper. I would add a title on top that could say," Welcome Scott! " in fat letters in red, backed by white. Underneath I could cut a frame of black and white that was 4.5 x 6.5. This is where I would place a photo of my son umm, say with his mickey mouse or wearing a Mickey tshirt. Underneath, I would give his stats, Scott A. C. (full name), Born at 2:21 pm, 7pounds, 5 ounces, and 19 inches long. Then I might stamp or cut out MM ears and place them in the corners.

Does that make any sense? It is easier to show this than to write it! I wish I had an example to show you. Oh well, if you have any questions, just holler. Or pm me. It might be better.:D LOL

Oh and best wishes for the baby and your cousin.

Chris

My Blog: The Musings of Faery-Wings

Comment

Thank you for that great idea Chris, I am going to try that, I think it will be great! :D
      Blessings,

DakotaJade
      & Bright Blessings from,
      Lady Ravenna

Comment

Oh good, I am glad you liked it. If you need any help or ideas, post here or pm me.

BB

Chris

My Blog: The Musings of Faery-Wings

Comment

You could also make a sachet for good sleep to hang on or near the crib, and or some bathoil for the babies bath with a soothing and relaxing oil.

have fun!
          blessed be
          hope

Comment

Thanks for the ideas Hope! What do I put in the sachet?
            Blessings,

DakotaJade
            & Bright Blessings from,
            Lady Ravenna

Comment

How about a windchime. You can make them out of many things. Hang outside the babys window. Chimes are always sothing no mater what age. Hope this helped. :D
              Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?....Poe

Comment

Another wonderful idea!

Thanks Stormyray!
                This baby is going to be showered with gifts when I am done! :D
                Blessings,

DakotaJade
                & Bright Blessings from,
                Lady Ravenna

Comment

What do you put in the sachet yeah sorry that would have been a nice addition to my post.

Lavender, rose petals, a quartz, some people use jasmine (i personally find that a little goes a LONG way) chamomile and lemon balm. Even a drop of eucalyptus.

Of course you can customize it!

I like to include an amythest too.
                  love
                  hope

Comment

how about a mobile with wiccan figures?

Comment

Working...
                    X