X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maggie
    replied
    Originally posted by Jewlz
    I didnt make this Doll, but isnt it gorgeous? I hope this works! The dolls a fairy named Wattle,
    Jewlz
    Absolutely gorgeous, Jewlz!!!!!!!! I've seen some similar at a Ren Faire, up close they're even more wonderful......

Regards,

Maggie

Leave a comment:

• Jewlz
    replied
    I didnt make this Doll, but isnt it gorgeous? I hope this works! The dolls a fairy named Wattle,
    Jewlz

Leave a comment:

• Jewlz
    replied
    Wow! I read that! I'm a big sowing person acording to my friends. I make dolls and Teddybears mainly though. I thought the book was a good idea, but the quilts (from a art point of view) were not very structured.
    I havent got any pictures of my work, but I'll try and find some of similar stuff. There are some great Fairy, Witch and Dragon doll patterns around! I currently have a Mermaid on the go aswell as a pile of other things!
    A great simple idea is making wheet bags for the winter. Y'know those bags you use like a hottie fulled with wheet kernels that you heat in the Microwave.
    Well, You can use your creativity on the bag design or just use a siple square and fill it with wheet, but first I write a little pray on the inside of the fabric,

Now I lay me down to bed,
    Great Spirit, bless my sleepy head.
    As I journey in my sleep,
    I know my soul the Dragons keep.
    Mother Earth and Father Sky,
    Watch over me here where I lie.
    Bring me dreams of peace tonight,
    And wake me with the morning light.

Wonderfull ai. Remember to cleanse your fabric!
    And be carefull when heating your wheet bag - put half a cup of water with it to be carefull and when you first use it heat it a minute at a time.

have a Blessed Nights sleep!

Enjoy,
    Jewlz.

Leave a comment:

• Maggie
    replied
    Re: Magical Fabric Art

Originally posted by Maggie
    I found this book recently on the remainder table (!) It deals with Spellwork and Wishcract through Quilting and Sewing, the first chapter talks about crafting a personal talisman. For those of you who like to sew, this looks to be an interesting read......

Regards,

Maggie
    Sorry--the author is Sandra McCraw Scarpa

Leave a comment:

• Maggie
    started a topic Magical Fabric Art

Magical Fabric Art

I found this book recently on the remainder table (!) It deals with Spellwork and Wishcract through Quilting and Sewing, the first chapter talks about crafting a personal talisman. For those of you who like to sew, this looks to be an interesting read......

Regards,

Maggie
Working...
X