Creative Tree Decorating Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Tree Decorating Ideas

Hi! How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I'm looking for creative, yet cheap options. With my family, we just had lots of homemade and store bought ornaments on the tree. I'm looking for another option instead of just buying loads of ornaments at the store and/or spending countless hours making them. I'll appreciate any ideas. :bouncybob :bouncybob

Originally posted by Mnemosyne
    Hi! How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I'm looking for creative, yet cheap options. With my family, we just had lots of homemade and store bought ornaments on the tree. I'm looking for another option instead of just buying loads of ornaments at the store and/or spending countless hours making them. I'll appreciate any ideas. :bouncybob :bouncybob

I always buy miniature brooms which are cheap at craft stores. I'm talking like 2-3 inch brooms and I tie a bow around them and haing them on the tree. My mother in law looks at me like I have three heads, but I love my broom orniments. They are quick to make too.

Also, since I have a toddler, I make the pillow style orniments. Last year I did stars of blue fabrick with gold designes, and I put a gold jingle bell on each point. They do take some time to make, but it's better than broken oriments. I put the more breakable orniments on the top.

Dove

New to Wicca? Start Here!

"I sometimes find the excessive amount of "fluff-bunny" paganism on the 'net to be annoying, but the 'stinking-badgers" on the other end of the spectrum are just as unrepresentative." -I. Bonewits

MoringDove's Web Sitel Morning Dove's Live Journal My Pagan Quizes

:hearthearHave a Blessed Day!:hearthear

Comment

Our first ornaments were the pillow kind, that my mom made from scrap quilt material. For years, the pillow-sun was our "tree-topper". (I like having the sun on top.) And my mini-tree in my apartment was first decorated with stars I cut out of thick aluminum foil. (it now has mini silver baubles from Walmart) And for spring I took a garland of fake flowers and attached all the flowers to the branches. You could probably do that with poinsettias or something.

I had a neat idea a couple weeks ago, but I haven't had the time to implement it: a tree covered in keys, old-fashioned keys. I think you can get them at antique stores, probably at thrift stores, and probably get plastic replicas somewhere. (My roommate added in: "Yeah, and doorknobs, too" I'd like to recommend against the doorknobs idea, because they're heavy.) ^_^

And I really like the mini-broom idea. That's pretty cool. Especially if they're cinnamon. Mmmm... evergreen and cinnamon. That's Yule right there. ^_^

Speaking of cinnamon, you can do the classic cranberry garland thing, and that "cloves stuck in an orange" thing (I want to say pomade, but I don't think that's it. Let me look it up.... Pomander! Ha! I was close! Just score the peel into quarters, tie a ribbon around it to hang it, and stick cloves in it in a simple design.) If you have a small tree, you can use mandarin oranges! That would make for one awesome-smelling tree, especially if you put cinnamon brooms on it. Mmmm.... I know what I'm doing next year! I'm trying to think how to incorporate ginger, nutmeg, or cardamoms in there, but nothing particularly attractive comes to mind. ^_^ Maybe a cardamom every ten cranberries in a garland?

Tashi delek!
      Dawa Lhamo
      Before you accuse someone of LYING, please read this first.

sigpic

Comment

I love the mini broom idea. And you could get tiny grapevine wreaths in the craft stores too. That would look so awesome! Add in some plaster stars and moons (or wood) that you could spray paint gold and silver-- and viola! A Yule Tree!

My Blog: The Musings of Faery-Wings

Comment

This year we decided to buy our son a small 3foot tree that he can use year after year,since I celebrate yule with him and daddy could care less if we have a tree or not{we haven't the past 3-4years}but little one wanted one so we got him one.Instead of me digging out all of our old ornaments and since the tree is in our son's room I decided to decorate it with the ornaments that he made at school along with alot of his small pokemon toys and a string of lights,he loves it.Any small toys{especially those that come in happy meals} would work though,just tie on some pretty ribbon to make loops to hang them with.Good luck,and have fun with it.
          all I ever wanted was to be your only one
          all I ever gained was heartache tears and blood
          all I ever do each night is cry myself to sleep
          I always cry myself to sleep
          Yeah and thats not healthy no
          why must you lead me on
          make me think its over and all the crap is gone
          why do I try so hard to fullfill your needs
          when all you ever do is trash me
          You f***ing trash me
          Yeah
          -jd natasha{imperfecta cd}

Thanks so much to Shatril for rotating my banners for me! :yourock:

Comment

You can also print pages of music out, tea stain them and roll them into cones (like icecream cone shape), poke ribbons thru the top and hang them on the tree. You can fill them with candy too . Or you can simple roll the papers into tubes, tie a ribbon around the center and put them on the branches of the tree. It looks like scrolls or pieces of parchment in the branches and is very pretty.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
            I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
            so I love you because I know no other way
            than this:
            so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
            so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Pablo Neruda

Disclaimer: If you're looking for a debate, please look elsewhere. I'm not judging anyone personally, I'm simply stating my opinion. Some people seem to enjoy conflict...I don't. Please save your arguements for someone who does.

Comment

I dont have a real tree, I have one hanging on my wall, cause I have a baby spitfire, who likes shiny stuff

(\_/)
              (O.o)
              (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Comment

I've got some small bicuits that contain holes and I'm putting ribbon through them to hang on the tree. They have a light coating on chocolate on them to stop them getting too stale. I just wonder how long they'll remain on the tree!
                Come visit my Blog

Comment

Working...
                X