moon necklace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moon necklace

my husband carved me a beautiful ivory moon with abalone inlay and i was wanting some help with ideas for stringing it first i was thinking moonstone i really love it but i couldn't find any in town but i just had a thought of pearls and i wonder if any of you can tell me about the magical properities of both i think pearls must be related to the moon as well as feminity since they come from the sea i want to use several strands of different colors to compliment the abalone any thuoghts would be helpful
    blessings
    blessings :bubbles: seawitch

If you really want moonstone, you can look for beads on EBay...Labradorite's nice too, like moonstone but darker in tone.
    Everybody's got wings...it's just a question of where you stashed them.
    Non Illegitimi Carborundum Est.

Comment

moonstone represents water.an old Arab legend tells us that pearls were formed when dew drops filled with moonlight fell into the ocean and were swallowed by oysters. The modern scientific explanation is not nearly as romantic .
      bright blessings
      arewynn

Comment

I just happened to have Melody's Love Is In The Earth book next to me here...

Pearls - signifies faith, charity, purity, & innocence. Enhances personal integrity, helps provide a focus to one's attention.

Moonstones - (she has 2 pages of stuff on moonstones!) It's one of my favourite stones. Balancing, introspective, reflective, & lunar. A stone for hoping & wishing, allowing one to absorb that which is needed from the universal energies. Stone for feeling & understanding, working with intuition & emotional thought. It cleanses negativity from chakras, enhancing the feminine aspects of your nature while providing spiritual nourishment & sustenance. Stimulates confidence & composure. Protects against the perils of travel.

Labradorite - (only a page & half!) Symbolizes both the sun & the moon in its properties. Helps keep your chakras clear, balanced & protected. Enhances the connection between the physical & ethereal realms. Facilitates the transformation of intuition into intellectual thought. Attracts strength & perserverance.

I wear all three on a silver pendant.
        Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

well it has turned out breathtaking i strung it last night with pearls and abalone beeds i am very happy with it i think i.ll be wearing everyday for a long time
          thanks to every one who helped me with my search i just love this site
          blessings aroura

Comment

Can you scan a pic of it? It sounds so wonderful. I would love to see it.
            Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

i wish i had a scanner i don't know how to use them i've only had my computer for 5 months
              but i have a friend who helps me i'll see if i can get him he used one of barrys carvings for wallpaper or i think i can get pictures on a disk at the photo shop i'll work on that this weekand post as soon as i can
              thanks so much
              aroura

Comment

it sounds beautiful cant wait to see it
                arewynn

Comment

Working...
                X