Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewing ritual garb?

Hi All,

I have basic sewing skills and can follow a pattern. I am not one who needs to dress in ritual garb but sometimes I get tired of wearing jeans and t shirt to group rituals OR attempting to pull something seasonally appropriate together at the last minute.

I was thinking if I could find a nice dress pattern I could make 3-4 different coloured ones suitable for Sabbats throughout the year or other Pagan events. Especially if you add accessories! I do not want to just make a sack dress or tunic - with my full figure that tends to just look frumpy and add pounds. I want something loose enough to not need a zipper but structured enough to look nice!

Here is one idea I found: http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin...0003&pageNum=4

Any pattern recommendations from McCalls or Simplicity or ?

Thanks!

Rhianna

Attached Mama to Brendan, born 11/18/03. Loving Wife to Dennis, handfasted 9/7/02.

McCall's and Simplicity and even Buttericks have several patterns that would be terrific for ritual garb, the only draw back would be that most of them will call for a zipper. It isn't easy to find anything that doesn't have a zipper these days. Now, if you don't mind paying extra for the pattern, you can go to Harper's House at www.longago.com for a pattern that wouldn't have a zipper in it as it would be historically correct and they didn't have zippers at that time. But, I have to tell you that they want about $20 for their patterns. I have bought several of them myself, and they are worth the money in my opinion as you not only get the pattern on most of them with the instructions, but you also get the history of them. They are usually quite simple to sew, but some of them may give you a headache trying to figure it all out. The patterns of times past where so much more simplier than they are today. It is a place to start if you don't mind paying twice as much as you would for the more common pattern. You can also access all of the other pattern companies on the internet and view their patterns online.
    Go not where the path may lead you, rather make your own.

Ravyn Sylverwyng

Comment

I don't knwo if this is what you're looking for, but here are a couple of simple robe patterns:

http://www.servantsofthelight.org/kn...kingrobes.html

The first one will probably hang, like you don't want it to, but the second one may work.

"This is what I believe: That I am I. That my soul is a dark forest. That my known self will never be more than a little clearing in the forest. That gods, strange gods, will come forth from the forest into the clearing of my known self, and then go back. That I must have the courage to let them come and go. That I will never let mankind put anything over me, but that I will try always to recognize and submit to the gods in me and the gods in other men and women."
      - D.H. Lawrence

My avatar is from foxglove_icons.

Comment

Working...
      X