More burnings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More burnings!

These still need to be stained, and glossed. The big round one is actually a small table. It is 18 inch in diameter, and will stand 31 inch tall when done. The center of the tree will be stained a darker color than the rest of the table, but still lighter then the burned area.

there are....

2 book covers

2 plaques

a table top

All I can say is WOW
    Remember, if one does not like the method or the teacher, one does not have to post nor participate.
    Let us refrain from dictating the definitions of labels to others.
    Thank you so very much Flar7 for your thoughts and inspiring words.
    [CENTER] Meet Mooney (Kimmie) and Starlet (Jessica), They are the very best of friends! Thank you so much Instinct!
    [/COLOR]
    Please excuse any and/or all spelling mistakes, as they are a natural product of my mind working faster than my hands!

Comment

those are really pretty! Would you be willing to share some woodburning tips with me? I have a kit but i have never used it, but i'd like to decorate a box for my brother's birthday present...

Comment

I am not really sure what I can share. I basically use just the calligraphy tip. I may break into the other tips sometime, but I don't care for them much. And it is all about wood and pressure! The harder the wood (oak, poplar, some pines) the harder the pressure you have to apply. The softer the wood (balsa, basswood), the lighter the pressure. Shading is the same. And if the wood is grainy like the two book covers above... the lighter areas will be softer than the dark areas.

Not sure how much I can say that will help, besides start with simple patterns or images that will not need shading, or a lot of curves, curves can be hard.

Comment

thanks for the advice! It helps a lot, because i really had no idea where to begin... now i need to find some extra wood lying around now to practice on..

Comment

Those are beautiful!!! You are very talented. Will you go back and colorize them or let them remain in their own natural beauty? Either way, you can't go wrong.
            Answering the Mother Ship's call
            Dave Ramsey and the Total Money Makeover - we're on our way to financial freedom!

Comment

I am going to stain and gloss them, I like how they look naturally.

Comment

all of your stuff is gorgeous linx. I haven't gotten the box yet, it'll probably come in this week, but I cannot wait. I'll never buy a box from anyone else again. You rock!
                [CENTER]
                thank you to Faeawyn for the banner, it is of prettyness :drool: :spinner: and thanks to Aurora for the Councellors banner also thanks to Pandoras and thanks to skysilver for rotating them.

My MW Gallery My Art My LiveJournal http://www.ruzakart.com

Comment

The box is actually being mailed today. You should have it by the end of the week. I ran into some weather that just was too humid (rain and stuff) to have the gloss dry right, so I had to wait. I do all my work in our umcompleted building and there is not temperature control yet. But it is done, all contents are inside, and it is boxed and in my car to be shipped today. I hope you will enjoy it.

Comment

Linx!
                    Absolutely wonderful work! You've got a good, steady hand. Have you ever tried a picture frame?
                    Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened.
                    sigpic

Comment

No, but I can't assume it would be any different then a plaque or anything else. I am working up a pattern now for photo albums So it is kinda odd you mention pictures Hehe.

Comment

Ah...a fellow woodburner artist! Those are awesome!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X