Photo shop or whatever its called

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo shop or whatever its called

Ok, whats the deal with the photo shop or paint shop or whatever its called....where do i get it and how in the world do i use it!! everyones been talking about scrapbooking their bos and all the ideas i keep getting from people involved making images on photo shop....

is it hard to use? is it expensive? im not very artsy, should i get it myself and try or should i just find images and things i like and have you artsy people help me?

Any suggestions will do! please help
    Thanks Faeawyn for the great banner!

You can find me in the woods, amongst the sage, where magick is afoot.

PhotShop you can find a free trial download at the Adobe site. And PaintShop Pro from the Jasc or Corel site. You can also find out about pricing there.

PhotoShopCS
    PaintShopPro9
    Last edited by WynterWynd; January 21st, 2005, 11:08 PM. Reason: cause I can't speeel today:p

Nothing in the world is friendlier than a wet dog:hahugh:

Sometimes I dream that a big, giant squirrel is carrying me away. Does that make me a nut?

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
    Disciple of Jodarius~~Keep of the Names
    AKA: VroomBroom

Proud mom of a LCPL, US Marine!
    VMAQ1
    Semper Fi!

Comment

your local computer store should have them and they'll give you basic instructions if you ask. I personally would NEVER use it for my BOS, but that's my personal preference. Good luck

Comment

the link between those and my bos is to create images to print out to put in my bos, im interested in scrap booking my bos or scrap booking an herbal grimore, i wouldnt store my bos on it

Comment

it would be pretty hard to store a program in your bos.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver_FireStar
            your local computer store should have them and they'll give you basic instructions if you ask. I personally would NEVER use it for my BOS, but that's my personal preference. Good luck
            Thats true, you can check you local comp store for the software, tho I don't know how helpful the sales people will be in explaining how to use it.

And for people who want to create graphic pages or scrapbook graphics for their BoS, it would work fine.

It would be pretty hard to store you BoS in a graphics program too

Sometimes I dream that a big, giant squirrel is carrying me away. Does that make me a nut?

VMAQ1
            Semper Fi!

Comment

no your not understanding me, i want to create images with the program, print them and put them in my bos

Comment

I understood that

VMAQ1
                Semper Fi!

Comment

i checked out the links and damn those programs are expensive, though i think we have photo shop at work, since i work in a photo lab, i dont know how crazy my boss would be though and me using it for other things...i dont know maybe i should just see if one of the banner making buddies would be interested in helping me out with the images

Comment

Photo-chop(TM) is particularly good at falsifying evidence against your neighbours... nothing malicious or criminal implied, of course... *downloading clown wig images*

Personally, despite being entrenched in familiarity with computer informations storage, cataloguing, image compositing, I feel more close to my grimoire with the written word. I use alkali paper of the Lokta root, cloth binding and HB Faber Castell techni-blue-whatever pencils, sometimes done by candlelight. However, Starhawk perpetrated the Xerox Cheat with coven shared references, so I find it perfectly acceptable to discuss ritual over e-mail.

I am Raidenmaru (Kaesna, Wang Daniel) / started 27 Dec 15 Heisei / am located in the states, province of colorado, parker prefecture / summon me: invoke +1 (3036) 68 56 22 (tmobile phs)

Comment

A cheaper and easier alternative!
                      I am not about to get into the semantics of whether or not you *should* use a computer for your BoS, since that is not what you are asking, nor is it any of my business...

However, if you are interested in doing some graphics or borders, or even scrapping your entire BoS, there is a neat scrapbooking program called Scrapbook Designer Deluxe, from Creating Keepsakes. I bought it at BJ's (warehouse club) for about $20.
                      Ypu can import any graphics you want. So if you want a picture of a Goddess, find one on the net, save it to your hard drive, and import it into the program. Then you can crop it, change colors, add a border, etc.

Or if you want a picture of an herb, you could scan it, and then do the same as above.

One idea I had wanted to do and never had the time was to print out graphics in "coloring book format" and hand color them.

One more option with this program.

Here is a link to it:
                      http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...099&pfp=BROWSE

If you have any more questions, just ask.

My Blog: The Musings of Faery-Wings

Comment

If you simply want to be able to create images, draw and doodle, import some photographs, modify them a bit and then print them to paste into your B.o.S., there is a free program called the Gimp.

What it is: http://www.gimp.org/
                        How to download for Windows: http://www.gimp.org/windows/
                        Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
                        Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

I'm currently using photoshop for something for my BoS. BUT, I don't want anything computer in my BoS. I'm just making a digital version first, then when it's completely finished I'm going to make it in my bos, like a design. Actually the digital version is getting so beautifull it seems more than just a design ^-^. I also use word to design the layout for my pages. Because I use images and texts mixed on the pages. (all very colourfull).
                          If you want to learn photoshop, you could try to google for "photoshop CS tutorial" (CS, or 7, if you would be able to get the somewhat older version).
                          Photoshop has a lot of uses, I use it for webdesign, making images, coloring pencil drawings, editing photos,....
                          But it's not the kind of program that does all the work for you. It's an environment, not an image wizard.
                          DikieBlog - WIB

Comment

If you just want to play around and create some nice digital images but don't need the full functionality of the Photoshop, then photoshop elements is your best bet. It works well for me as I don't know how to do all the stuff in Photoshop, it was way less than $100 unlike Photoshop, and I think it has a decent amount of functionality. I have recently, however, added a graphire tablet so that I can hand draw with something more like a brush rather than using the mouse. I think my tablet was actually more expensive than the program. One of these days when I'm loaded (yah right), then I hope to be able to splurge for the full program, but until then....

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel May Be An Oncoming Dragon

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together....
                            -- Carl Zwanzig

Comment

Working...
                            X