Samhain Crafts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samhain Crafts?

Does anyone have any craft ideas for Samhain?

One thing that I do is make little orange pumpkins filled with treats or gifts.

I take either orange paper napkins (the big kind) or sheets of orange crepe paper (almost impossible to find) and cut circles out of the paper, ten inches in diameter.

I put a handful of candy or a wrapped polished stone or some other thing in the middle of the paper and gather it up to form a "stem." I secure the stem with green floral tape. Wrap it around a few times and it really looks like a pumpkin!
    Time flies... whether you're having fun or not

That sounds so cool. Thanks for sharing that.
    I am sure I have a bunch too. I will go through the files and post what I come up with in the next day or so.
    just a little white duck
    swimmin in the water.......
    just a little white duck
    doing what she oughtta.......

Comment

I think this year i am gonna teach Trey how to make ghosts out of Kleenex...you know just bunch one up and wrap another around it and tape his neck then paint eyes on. I think he would like that.

Comment

Here is a link I found with some cute, inexpensive crafts for the season. I think we will try out a few. I like the sucker ghosts...great to make for trick-or-treaters.

http://www.kidsdomain.com/craft/_Hallo.html

Comment

Thanks! Semele.
          I like the Halloween window hangings. Although I would probably do the deal where you cut the shapes out of the black paper and back the openings of the shapes with orange tissue so it has a stained glass effect. That will look great with candle light flickering in the back ground!

Comment

I have a craft I'd like to contribute to this thread! I got it from this big craft book I bought last year

Cookie Cutter Jack O'Laterns:

small to medium sized pumpkins
            Various Samhain styled cookie cutters
            Small knife or pumpkin carving tool set
            votive candles
            Newspaper to cover your work area

Cut off top of pumpkin & scoop out the insides. Place the cookie cutter on the outside of the pumpkin and push hard enough to leave a visible impression. Trace around the impression with a marker. Using a small knife or pumpkin carving tool to cut out the image.

You can cut out one image on a small pumpkin or several on larger ones.

I tried this last year & it was hoot! I did it with my son & niece and they had a blast.

***taken from "Great Gifts in Under 30 Minutes" Collection***
            Last edited by LdyStarlite; October 11th, 2001, 10:20 PM.
            It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

Tempra paintings on the insides of the windows it washes right off.
              Yes people are talking about you behind your back. That is where all the laughter is coming from.
              Dear Lord, I pray for:
              Wisdom, To understand a man Love, To forgive him and Patience, For his moods Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength
              I'll just beat him to death. Amen!

Help support my girl scout http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...66#post4022166

msn [email protected] aim aangellmouse yahoo aangell_666

My second favorite place on the net is neopets if you want to check it out here is a link http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?u...e=aangellmouse

Comment

Thanks, Yvonne! I hadn't thought of that! I may propose something to my boss next week!

I feel a brain storm coming on...

Comment

Originally posted by Semele
                  I think this year i am gonna teach Trey how to make ghosts out of Kleenex...you know just bunch one up and wrap another around it and tape his neck then paint eyes on. I think he would like that.
                  That's a wonderful idea. Made those to hang in our trees outside last year... though some kids wripped them off while trick-or-treating. It's also great fun to use a lollypop and wrap a kleenex over it, like you would in the regular ghosts. Then its candy, and a cool craft! Make sure there is a wrapper on the lollys, I was voluntering at our community hall with sparks (a really young branch of Girl Guides) and some of the girls took off the wrappers, sucked on them a bit, and then wrapped them in kleenex, and then drew the faces on. It was not too good, not in the least. I'm voluntering again, I think, and I'll be sure to bring up your craft idea, Niamh, it looks excelent!
                  Sora Little Green Heretic at Large.
                  Pray: To ask the laws of the universe
                  to be annulled on behalf of a single
                  petitioner confessedly unworthy.

... You've been hit by the
                  Sora Stick ...

Comment

Working...
                  X